In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Boy Scouts will allow transgender children

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
http://fox2now.com/2017/01/30/boy-scouts-will-allow-transgender-children-into-programs/

DALLAS (AP) _ The Boy Scouts of America says it will allow transgender children who identify as boys to enroll in its boys only programs.

The organization announced Monday that it had made the decision to base enrollment in boys only programs on the gender a child or parent lists on the application to become a scout. The organization had previously held a policy that relied on the gender listed on a child's birth certificate.

A spokeswoman for the organization says it made the decision based on states and communities changing how gender is defined.

A transgender child in Secaucus, New Jersey, was asked late last year to leave his Scout troop after parents and leaders found out he is transgender.

1 little freak changes the entire structure [V]

Comments

• droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This isn't good, based on what has already started..

It's time for churches to sever ties with Boy Scouts

The Boy Scouts of America sacrificed its last vestige of integrity on the altar of political correctness.

On Monday, the BSA announced that girls who identify as boys will now be allowed to join the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts - marking a complete capitulation to the gender and sex revolutionaries.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/31/its-time-for-churches-to-sever-ties-with-boy-scouts.html
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So Sad and I can see the lawsuits starting when someone says something to one of transgender they don't like. What a crock of crap
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As an Atheist, I am not allowed to participate in scouting, even though I would love to.

I don't * about it though. Their club, their rules.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No Scouts here since 2012 when the BS stated their peter puffer indoctrination.
  • Rocky4windsRocky4winds Member Posts: 760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a longtime Scouter, Woodbadge trained, have received many different awards, 30+ year veteran pin, Eagle Scout, father of scouts, and have been a long-time advocate of Scouting and what scouting teaches. My take on this is simple. So what. It's the same with allowing gender-confused in as boys or leaders. So what. It's all a tempest in a teapot. The scouting values and principles are all still the same. I have no problem associating with a gender-confused leader who is trying to live and teach the Scout Law and Oath.

The comparative number of those who are gender-confused who want to pursue scouting is miniscule, and the number of those who are parentally-confused girls who want to pretend to be boys is even smaller. It will have no real impact on how Scouting operates. The plusses and positives of Scouting should far outweigh the little gnat-like irritation it is to some that the national BSA address the "issue du jour" which will fade away shortly.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would tend to agree, Rocky4winds.

The fascination upon what someone has or wants to have between their legs works its odd magic on both sides of the issue.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    As a non-scout with no association to the club, I find myself completely disinterested in what they choose to do, unless it breaks some law.

That said, I do find it disconcerting, generally, when any group of folks decide to crater to the whim and whimsy of a minority so small it would ordinarily amount to pissing into the wind. And at the same time, I find it particularly arrogant for such a small minority to demand that a group like this give any credence to their whim and whimsy.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BRAVO finally some common sense here, and well stated positions.quote:Originally posted by Rocky4winds
    I am a longtime Scouter, Woodbadge trained, have received many different awards, 30+ year veteran pin, Eagle Scout, father of scouts, and have been a long-time advocate of Scouting and what scouting teaches. My take on this is simple. So what. It's the same with allowing gender-confused in as boys or leaders. So what. It's all a tempest in a teapot. The scouting values and principles are all still the same. I have no problem associating with a gender-confused leader who is trying to live and teach the Scout Law and Oath.

The comparative number of those who are gender-confused who want to pursue scouting is miniscule, and the number of those who are parentally-confused girls who want to pretend to be boys is even smaller. It will have no real impact on how Scouting operates. The plusses and positives of Scouting should far outweigh the little gnat-like irritation it is to some that the national BSA address the "issue du jour" which will fade away shortly.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky4winds

Ok, understandable, however they now allow happy adult leadership.... Certainly transgendered leadership will be next.
    No thanks.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Half of what is wrong in society is boys don't know how to be boys and girls don't know how to be girls.

When boys stop dressing up as my Pink little pony characters maybe they can become Men.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr Perfect's remarks are offensive to some of our members: those with female anatomy find it nearly impossible to piss into the wind.

I have no interest in the Boy Scouts, but I can understand how getting sued makes it difficult to take a stand on principle. Scouting often makes a critical difference in the development of responsible adults, so I would support whatever they have to do.

I saw an interview with the tranny scout, & it sounded like a well rehearsed speech composed by his mother. If his mom thinks this will make his life easier, let her wait until her daughter hits puberty.

Advice to trannies: you are really not trapped in the wrong body. You have a mental disorder called Gender Identity Disorder (See the DSM-V). There is no cure, you can't "get over it"; it's the way you are. You should try to associate with understanding people, & find a life style that makes you happy.

Neal

"I yam what I yam." ---- Popeye
  • jetmekjetmek Member Posts: 250
    edited November -1
    I cant quite get a grip on how an 8 YO can make a claim that they are transgender much less even have any idea of the full implications of what that means. When I was 8 all I was interested in was what pretty much any normal kid did Play with my friends and come up with ways to piss off my parents. Me thinks that kid coerced by irresponsible parents
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jetmek
    I cant quite get a grip on how an 8 YO can make a claim that they are transgender much less even have any idea of the full implications of what that means. When I was 8 all I was interested in was what pretty much any normal kid did Play with my friends and come up with ways to piss off my parents. Me thinks that kid coerced by irresponsible parents

it is someone in there life influencing them badly , if one of my boys tried that they would have gotten the beating of a life time at any age, they are in their 20's now and it still applies

bad parenting no doubt about it
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jetmek
    It is child abuse of another kind.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Mr Perfect's remarks are offensive to some of our members: those with female anatomy find it nearly impossible to piss into the wind.

I doubt I could care less about that if I was trying to.
    32257572320_9eb4626781_o.jpg

27291901660_26cbcd2bfe_o.jpg
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Thank you. Great synopsis. Very impressed with how you put it.[;)][^] We are dealing with children here and they are all learning great value in scouting. The reason my son never joined here was, they scouts insisted that we attend so many trips, sell so many things and so on. It was too demanding for us at the time, running two businesses and having a few homes. I could not dedicate the time they wanted, for my son to be a scout. It was no like that when I was in the scouts back in the 60's. Oakie
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since the parents didn't teach the child, the Scout master can do it for them.

But that is not what this is about. It is about a power trip to influence good sound morals to be perverted. There should be NO COMPROMISE.

Letting one in may seem innocent enough right now, and the "Scout values" being taught is great, but that is not the end game. Sorry, let one cockaroach in, the rest will breed and fester and then you'll have to find a leader with balls to straighten it all out in the end, when just sayig NO, right now, is all it takes.

In fact, the young ones could learn a big lesson watching their leaders stand up to the Politically Incorrect crowd.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I was a Scout.

Rain on the BSA, now and forever!

I support the Royal Ambassadors, a Christian=based boys' organization similar to Boy Scouts, but without the PC BS.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    BRAVO finally some common sense here, and well stated positions.quote:Originally posted by Rocky4winds

Except for the fact that like catholic priests they are using the position to get nearer to their victims.

Think of the gnat like irritation when your grandson comes to tell you that his scout master likes to cuddle after smores or that little "Billy" showed him her hooha....
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give an inch, and they'll take a mile. This is how we have arrived at the place where we are as a nation.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad

Except for the fact that like catholic priests they are using the position to get nearer to their victims.

Think of the gnat like irritation when your grandson comes to tell you that his scout master likes to cuddle after smores or that little "Billy" showed him her hooha....

[^][^][^][^]
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The parents are doing their best to raise a nutcase. No child at that age independently decides they are plumbed incorrectly.

On further review, is a father mentioned? It seems that the victims/children in these cases are being raised by a single mother. Generally a neurotic mess.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time to change the name from "Boy" Scouts to "Pink Scouts", or "Punk Scouts".
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

No sir, the scouting values and principles are NOT still all the same. They are fundamentally compromised.

Guess they better do a little revision on the old oath:

"On my honor, I will do my best. To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1

Till something happens and Scouts are sued out of existence.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    does anyone else find it ironic that a teenager having sex is a crime because of their age it is considered non-consensual , they are not mature enough to make this decision

but yet a 8 year old is mature enough to choose their sexuality
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I was a Scout.

Did you sign up as a boy or a girl? [:D][:D]