In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A 5 year olds first paycheck

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
This is truly a heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers. This makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers. She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them
gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot.

They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar. The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the dollar pay she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed
with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, " I worked all last week building a house with a construction crew." "My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those useless, sums-a-beaches at
Home Depot ever bring us any drywall that's worth a sheet!"

Comments

• diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • traprtrapr Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brings to mind the young boy who ran his trucks in our topsoil pile behind a house we were building.he took it upon himself to use a gallon of red chalk to pave his roads.
    he went home for lunch.......I received a personal visit from his mom that was a bit uncomfortable.ever had red chalk on you or your clothes?[:D]
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapr
    brings to mind the young boy who ran his trucks in our topsoil pile behind a house we were building.he took it upon himself to use a gallon of red chalk to pave his roads.
    he went home for lunch.......I received a personal visit from his mom that was a bit uncomfortable.ever had red chalk on you or your clothes?[:D]

LOL Red don't come out.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • pogybatepogybate Member Posts: 3,150
    edited November -1
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a cute story! I'll tell it to my wife first...before I sanitize it for the kids!
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [;)][^][:D][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    Heard a similar one about a little boy who after hanging out with the construction workers was playing with his toy trucks. His dad hears him swearing up a storm. "dump that effin dirt over there" "you dumb SOB the gravel goes first" etc. His father is shocked by his filthy mouth and starts reprimanding the boy. Finally he tells him he's gonna have to spank him and tells the boy to go fetch a switch. Boy says "Hell no. Do I look like the effin electrician?" [8D]