In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WORST Christmas song EVER ! ! ! !

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to get off the subject but are you going to the Oaks gun show in PA???? Just wanted to know. Iam going.
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    ^^^^^^^ LMAO^^^^^^[:D]
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'll raise you this one
    I hate bad xmas music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgvmksy8g0w&feature=fvst

this one, when multiplied by airplay far outscores that one on the bad index
    But make no mistake, Yours SUX![8D]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I ruv it!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Not to get off the subject but are you going to the Oaks gun show in PA???? Just wanted to know. Iam going.

Not sure yet. I'll know by next weekend. I'll get in touch with you if I do.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oooouuch that hurt my ears... [xx(]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie

Not sure yet. I'll know by next weekend. I'll get in touch with you if I do.

Thanks. If you go, we can meet up for a cup of coffee or something to drink. Oakie
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was stationed in Okinawa, there was a jukebox in the foodcourt.

Everyday we'd go over there and hang out during lunch and after we were granted evening liberty......and everyday the stupid-* motor-t rednecks would be blasting "Country Boy can Survive"

I actually don't mind the song, but it got old listening to it every day, 3 or 4 times a day.

Now, this jukebox had a pretty extensive collection of music....and a memory that allowed it to store about 10 song selections at a time.

So we thumbed through the CD collection, looking for an appropriate selection....and happened upon a CD called "The Commodores Christmas". On this album there was a jewel of a song called "Jerry the Elf", which I remain convinced is the worst song of all time.

Every day, during lunch, we'd go over to the machine and interrupt the daily Bocephus marathon with a couple plays of "Jerry the Elf", just to break up the monotony.

This kept up for awhile until we realized just how much the rednecks HATED the song...they'd actually leave the food court once it started playing (blacks seemed to hate it too, but the Mexicans not so much, which is one of the great mysteries of my life).

Once we discovered that tidbit, we learned that we could greatly reduce the crowd in the food court by sending a runner ahead of us to load the machine full of quarters before we'd come by. "Jerry the Elf" was played continuously for hours in that tiny PX foodcourt at Camp Shwab....and I'm certain those playings equaled the total number of plays that song has received in the rest of the world combined since its release.

Sadly, the good times came to an end....one day when we went to load up the jukebox, we noticed The Commodores CD had been removed from the machine....never to be seen again.

We tried to find an equally terrible song, but it was no use....not only could we never match "Jerry", the powers-that-be removed the machine's ability to store song selections.....everything had to be picked one at a time.

Jerry is so obscure I haven't even been able to find a copy of it on Youtube......
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got to give it to you RugerNiner, that's even worse than the Little Drummer Boy. [:(]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's one on a Christmas tape around here somewhere done by a young Jerry Lewis. I hate it. It's something like "I've Had a Very Merry Christmas". That one about "my two front teeth" is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me too.
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    Oooouuch that hurt my ears... [xx(]

I agree 1000%, my wife stood next to me laughing and wouldn't let me stop it.[V]
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot. [B)]

Got it stuck in my head.

Delete wouldn't clear up the problem so I had to do a full over-write...

http://tinyurl.com/caeqanu
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    until now i thought it was jingle bell rock, i have hated that song since i first heard it in the fourth grade
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    any xmas song playing during the last 6 months of the year at the MALL