In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

almost the top shelf stuff...shameless plug

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Doing a little more house cleaning, and IMO reaching a little higher up the shelf....The 647 and the Marlin are mine, and the 48 is a friend of mine's. All starting shortly..Thanks for looking[^]

S&W model 647-17HMR
http://www.GunBroker.com/item/617944890

Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited 357/38
http://www.GunBroker.com/item/617935645

S&W model 48-4 converted to 22 Hornet
http://www.GunBroker.com/item/617926457

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Couple of questions. Is the Marlin a JM or REM??? Man she sure is purdy. Sorry, I just drooled on the key board. Question number 2. Why didn't they remark the barrel on the 22 Hornet????? Kinda scary if someone bought it and didn't know. Back to the Marlin. Are you the original owner and what kind of barreling does it have???? How many shots down the pipe??? Oakie
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this answers one of your questions
    Serial number is 03025822A. This is a JM stamped gun made by Marlin in Connecticut.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait...you're not a mod, according to a member's complaints only mods get to have shameless plugs...tsk tsk...

I am watching that Marlin...I need a .357 lever gun
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That serial numbers makes it 1997
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picture no. 24. JM bigger than poop.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Couple of questions. Is the Marlin a JM or REM??? Man she sure is purdy. Sorry, I just drooled on the key board. Question number 2. Why didn't they remark the barrel on the 22 Hornet????? Kinda scary if someone bought it and didn't know. Back to the Marlin. Are you the original owner and what kind of barreling does it have???? How many shots down the pipe??? Oakie

As stated Jon, it's a Marlin from 1997, and not a Remlin. IIRC, it's a ballard rifled gun since it's designed for Cowboy action shooting, and it's not marked micro groove. The bore is great, with a low round count. I'm not the original owner though. As for the remark of the 22, I don't know. I'm not even sure if it would fire it since the firing pin on the hammer has been moved from rimfire to center fire.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That lever is doing well!
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67

As stated Jon, it's a Marlin from 1997, and not a Remlin. IIRC, it's a ballard rifled gun since it's designed for Cowboy action shooting, and it's not marked micro groove. The bore is great, with a low round count. I'm not the original owner though. As for the remark of the 22, I don't know. I'm not even sure if it would fire it since the firing pin on the hammer has been moved from rimfire to center fire.

Thanks.I am sending a link to my father. He will be a player for the Marlin. This is the last one he needs to finish his collection and has been looking for one in this condition.[;)] I told him it was sweet and I know the seller. [:D] I hope he wins it, because then I get to Inherit it someday[;)] Oakie
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,996 ******
    edited November -1
    [^][^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67

Thanks.I am sending a link to my father. He will be a player for the Marlin. This is the last one he needs to finish his collection and has been looking for one in this condition.[;)] I told him it was sweet and I know the seller. [:D] I hope he wins it, because then I get to Inherit it someday[;)] Oakie

Then maybe you should help the old man out a bit and contribute to the purchase price....[;)][:D] Thanks Jon!