In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Nullifying the NFA at the state level?

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
So if California can choose not to enforce a federal law.... If California can choose to make it illegal for a LEO to cooperate with the feds..... Can a state declare the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the gun control act of 1969 gun control act illegal? What about the 1986 firearms owner protection act? Can a state make all full auto legal and the federal tax stamp null and void?

Comments

• 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    pot vs weapons in todays society ?

um...no

there is better chance of a pervert marrying a 12 year old transgender and them turning a blind eye that an NFA weapon, besides there is no money in it
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes. The concept of State Nullification has not been wholly forgotten, but a good many people are not aware of the concept.

Now, getting a state to act that way might be a bit difficult in this case, what with a good many of the LEOs in any given state supporting gun control. Just look at all the gun controllers on this very forum!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kentucky?

Idaho?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Kentucky?

Idaho?
    Possibly but not probably.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If appointed to the SCOTUS, my position will be that the federal government established precedent when it failed to send Federal troops into California to arrest everyone who took part in the "legalized pot" industry. If you choose to give away federal primacy in one case, you lose it for all cases.

I believe that any state can choose to ignore NFA & GCA68, if it wants to. Heck, a state can even secede from the Union without consequence. Yes, you will lose federal funds, but you won't have to pay federal income tax.

And, your children can drive a car within the state at any age, as long as they can reach the pedals, if that is your wish.

Neal
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    If appointed to the SCOTUS, my position will be that the federal government established precedent when it failed to send Federal troops into California to arrest everyone who took part in the "legalized pot" industry. If you choose to give away federal primacy in one case, you lose it for all cases.

I believe that any state can choose to ignore NFA & GCA68, if it wants to. Heck, a state can even secede from the Union without consequence. Yes, you will lose federal funds, but you won't have to pay federal income tax.

And, your children can drive a car within the state at any age, as long as they can reach the pedals, if that is your wish.

Neal
    Presently, driving age is a state determined minimum.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain