In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Harley-Davidson canceled Trump visit

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
COWARDS!

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump will not head to Milwaukee for a previously scheduled visit of a Harley-Davidson factory after the company decided it wasn't comfortable hosting him amid planned protests, an administration official said Tuesday.

Trump had been scheduled to tour the factory Thursday where he also planned to sign executive orders related to American manufacturing.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politics/donald-trump-milwaukee-harley-davidson/
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Milwaukee is a big Democratic city, wonder why[xx(] However, that is rather surprising considering the political leaning of their customers[}:)]
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    Milwaukee is a big Democratic city, wonder why[xx(] However, that is rather surprising considering wsamest of their customers are[}:)]

Trump won that State.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    Milwaukee is a big Democratic city, wonder why[xx(] However, that is rather surprising considering wsamest of their customers are[}:)]

Who are "most of their customers", exactly?
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With about 40% of each Harley Davidson motorcycle rolling out of the factory being made in China may have a little something to do with it.
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cannot imagine that any large portion of their customer base is left leaning. Yes there are yuppie leftists that own Harleys, but I imagine the majority are blue collar workers who supported Trump.

This could backfire on them.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps they didn't want the chitbag protesters trashing their place. I can't say I blame them, they are in the business to make bikes not political statements. I don't blame any business owner that makes a calculated decision to not get involved.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    flaming%20knights_zps0cl7flrp.jpg
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    With about 40% of each Harley Davidson motorcycle rolling out of the factory being made in China may have a little something to do with it.

Last time I went on a tour at the York facility the engines, frames and wheels were coming from Milwaukee. The tanks and several other components were made there in house. The wiring harness and speedo was about all that was coming from China. Where are you getting the 40% number from?
  • rmillrmill Member Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, it kinda pisses me off... I wasn't an Obama fan, but he was the PRESIDENT OF THE GODD##M UNITED STATES! Had Obama wanted a tour, he should be respected and given one... I don't know... Maybe my Harley riding days are coming to an end. Pisses me off.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....my Harley days were over in 1957....BSA, Triumph, Norton,BMW only bikes I ever owned after The Harley fiasco...
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Last time I went on a tour at the York facility the engines, frames and wheels were coming from Milwaukee. The tanks and several other components were made there in house. The wiring harness and speedo was about all that was coming from China. Where are you getting the 40% number from?

Must have been awhile since you were their. For Harley Davidson does not have any parts or components manufactured or assembled in Milwaukee.

Engine = Mexico, China - Assembled in US
    Wheels = China since 2012
    Handlebars = China
    Wiring = China
    Carb = Japan
    Shocks = Japan

Do some home work. About the only thing made in the US by HD now is the plastic, fenders, saddle bags and ery little else.
    edited November -1

Must have been awhile since you were their.Do some home work. About the only thing made in the US by HD now is the plastic, fenders, saddle bags and ery little else.

Well, the last time I was THERE, it was 1997 or so... I don't ride anymore. Used up most of my 9 lives [:)]
    edited November -1
    So, I made a comment on-line on the site (that oddly enuff seemed to be filled with comments of anti-trump Harley loving folk) and ODDLY ENUFF MY POST DISAPPEARED!!!! Still not very happy with H-D's decision (if in fact this is REAL) but the sit it takes you to may be 'suspect'... Gr-friggin-roooooooaaaaaan.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rmill
    So, I made a comment on-line on the site (that oddly enuff seemed to be filled with comments of anti-trump Harley loving folk) and ODDLY ENUFF MY POST DISAPPEARED!!!! Still not very happy with H-D's decision (if in fact this is REAL) but the sit it takes you to may be 'suspect'... Gr-friggin-roooooooaaaaaan.

Are you talking about this post?

Well, it kinda pisses me off... I wasn't an Obama fan, but he was the PRESIDENT OF THE GODD##M UNITED STATES! Had Obama wanted a tour, he should be respected and given one... I don't know... Maybe my Harley riding days are coming to an end. Pisses me off.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's wrong with these companies ? Can it be that difficult to just keep their mouths shut?

Are they so "clueless" and believe negative comments about Trump will help their sales and/or clients?
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Harley is now PC. Also Harley took in H-1b workers for jobs to screw Americans; http://downtrend.com/71superb/harley-davidson-fires-american-replaces-her-with-cheaper-foreign-born-worker

They spew their "American" legend while selling overpriced chinese crap. Thank god for sheep huh?[}:)]
    Watch this grenade go off.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the news last night they showed the 30 or so protesters that would have protested. 30 people and they're afraid of that.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Harley Davidson is living on the past....no future for that company since most black people ride Asian bikes....as old folks die out,so will H-D
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Gosh. If Pres. Trump wanted to see some tractors he could have gone to the John Deere plant.[:D]
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Must have been awhile since you were their. For Harley Davidson does not have any parts or components manufactured or assembled in Milwaukee.

Engine = Mexico, China - Assembled in US
    Wheels = China since 2012
    Handlebars = China
    Wiring = China
    Carb = Japan
    Shocks = Japan

Do some home work. About the only thing made in the US by HD now is the plastic, fenders, saddle bags and ery little else.

Don't forget the all the chinese clothes and overpriced accessories MOCO sells - add it all up- more foreign than American. I have 3 but avoid the MOCO whenever possible.
  • Big TwinBig Twin Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HD is not the company it once was. Today it is more a stigma at bike gatherings than anything else. There are several "metric bikes" built here that are more American than HD. I say this as a 40 year HD owner/rider.
    The future as the bike classic bike riders age is the sport bike for the under 40 crowd.
    As for Trump, whom I support 100% I'd like to see him ride helmetless just to see his hair [:D]
    edited November -1
    A few years ago I read some comments and since then spend WAY TO MUCH time doing it. [:p]

Was checking out a H.D artical linked on Allen Wests website: http://allenwestrepublic.com/harley-davidson-cancels-trump-visit-to-their-factory/

Comments: True/False/fake news ???? just comments

*Harley is run by very liberal people. News to many but true. A famous friend of mine in the shooting world made a custom single action revolver for a local HOG chapter to raise money for a child with MS. He fashioned custom Harley Davidson shield grips for it. They contacted the dealer and informed them that they would sue. They did not want their copyrighted symbol on any handgun.

*Pussified CEO's, if this is true your stock will take a hit today. Name your new bike the Snow Flake Special. Really stupid choice.

*Here is Harley Davidson's reply. Don't always believe everything you read.
    Harley-Davidson issued a statement saying they "don't have, nor did we have, a scheduled visit from the President this week at any of our facilities".

This was "partial" but the best part.
    Seems Harley doesn't care much about ethics, image, or public relations. Perhaps they should market a 50cc-moped model, dubbed the Snowflake. It'll have a catalytic converter, air bags, and a roll-cage. Oh, yes. And, of course, standard equipment will be a flag-pole bracket to support a burning American flag and enough seating for one's Marxist, samesexual lover. Putt, putt.[:D][:D]
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So in the end it was just more FAKE news, that most here used as an opportunity to dog pile on HD.

Probably a bunch of BMW riders...[:p]

All I gotta say is any iron 1911 is better than a Glock, and 9mm's are for those who squat to pee...[:D]

Join the NRA, they need our support...[:o)]

Trinity +++
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    quote:Originally posted by rmill

Are you talking about this post?

No, I posted on the site that was listed initially in the OP's post.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Twin

As for Trump, whom I support 100% I'd like to see him ride helmetless just to see his hair [:D]

As a follicularly challenged individual myself, that is just mean....

(I lived in SC in high school and rode without a helmet most of the time. But, I had hair back then!)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

President Trump met with Harley Davidson TODAY at the white house.

[8D]

Trump: = Diplomatic to a fault. [:D][:D]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3e_KuwDiRY
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Harley delegation came to Trump with both union and managment representatives. So all was not lost.
    "What is truth?'
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I "cringe" at both those words[:0]