In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

President Trump nominates....for Supreme Court

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
http://fox2now.com/2017/01/31/president-trump-nominates-neil-gorsuch-for-supreme-court/

President Trump nominates Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court

judgeWASHINGTON - President Donald Trump will nominate Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, Trump announced Tuesday night at the White House.

The nomination of Gorsuch, a 49-year-old federal appellate judge from Colorado, gives Trump and Republicans the opportunity to confirm someone who could cement the conservative direction of the court for decades.

His selection also sets up an intense fight with Senate Democrats, still angry over the Republicans' decision to essentially ignore former President Barack Obama's nomination of Judge Merrick Garland for the empty Supreme Court seat last year.

Trump made the announcement after an unusual day in which both top candidates for the nomination - Gorsuch and Judge Thomas Hardiman - were brought to Washington as the suspense built.

The court has been operating with eight justices since the sudden death last February of Justice Antonin Scalia. If confirmed, Gorsuch would continue the ideological balance that existed before Scalia's death, with four conservatives, four liberals and Justice Anthony Kennedy as a swing vote between the blocs.

Trump selected Gorsuch - who sits on the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals - from a list of 20 potential justices compiled during the presidential campaign in a direct appeal to conservative and evangelical voters skeptical about his commitment to their values.

Gorsuch's opinions on religious liberty, where he sided with the challengers to the so-called Obamacare contraceptive mandate, and on the separation of powers, where he said too much deference was given by the courts to administrative agencies, are key to his appeal to Republicans. As is his age. At 49, he could carry on Trump's legacy long after the President leaves office.

Comments

• mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does he smoke Pot?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beat by a minute 44 seconds,.........[:o)]

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=689369
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Thank you. Thank you.

First, I would like to thank all the little people who made this award possible...[;)]
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it was a wise choice and will get the Democrats screaming like a band of howler monkeys from the rafters to the sidewalks.

Please, read this link, we all need a good laugh and its message seems so appropriate at this time and the response of the Democrats soon to come.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/howler-monkeys-trade-testicles-for-decibels/
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1

but i listed a link with details, i win [:D]
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

Alternate Facts! Clear violation! [;)]
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another slap in the mouth to those here that said Trump was a liberal
    in conservative costume, and I remember who you are[;)][:D]
    This guy is as close as anyone can get to Judge Scalia.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JohnnyBGood
    The press is already attacking Gorsuch's deceased mother.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-supreme-court-pick-and-his-infamous-mother-012731939.html

I didn't know ! I foresee libtards frying their arses in common meltdown.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    I think it was a wise choice and will get the Democrats screaming like a band of howler monkeys from the rafters to the sidewalks.

Please, read this link, we all need a good laugh and its message seems so appropriate at this time and the response of the Democrats soon to come.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/howler-monkeys-trade-testicles-for-decibels/

Think I see what you're getting at,, Whoosie Libtards with small "xxxx" make a lot of noise and the "alpha males" with big "xxxx" are quiet.

At the end of the article it is noted: So don't go clicking that pop-up ad that promises to enlarge your hyoid. ? ie: A hyoid is: a U-shaped bone in the neck that supports the tongue.

Who needs an enlarged tongue support?

hyoid_bone.jpg
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that the issue of supreme Court nominees is what won the election for Trump (or rather what torpedoed Hillary)

I think that most libs - dems - progs - alt left still don't understand this important piece of data

And we are still missing the point.

For the next 4 years every single decision that Trump makes will be excoriated and picked to pieces and questioned and destroyed by the fake press and every dem who can speak

Trump could flip a coin for the rest of his term and still be 100 % wrong in their eyes

Mike
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

The Democrats are going to scream no matter what...they are throwing about this term "mainstream", when mainstream means to them far left.

Nuclear option day one....end this BS, except we have corrupt Republicans that don't want to see Trump succeed either so they will side with Democrats.

f all of them....
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judge Jeannie Piro was my vote... Neil Gorsuch will have to do...
    "What is truth?'
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke

TRUMPBILL-master768.jpg

And don't forget it [;)]

The stripes may have changed...

When Obama and Clintons are behind bars, I may believe you. Until then, it's probably a good thing the media is super biased against him. It will keep him in check.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think the Democrats are going to reflect somberly upon their decision to eliminate the super-majority requirement for Federal Judge nomination consent.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    If I am not mistaken, this is the guy that received a unanimous vote to attain his current appointment?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke

TRUMPBILL-master768.jpg

And don't forget it [;)]

The stripes may have changed...

When Obama and Clintons are behind bars, I may believe you. Until then, it's probably a good thing the media is super biased against him. It will keep him in check.

Tie a yellow ribbon "round" the old oak tree !!,, oh well,, of all the afflictions a person can have, always being right is the least painful. [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    If I am not mistaken, this is the guy that received a unanimous vote to attain his current appointment?

That is not a good thing at all. That just means he has to be liberal if the libs like him. And back then, the R's were not "on notice". Sessions is so young, that he hasn't fully developed his position and can and will turn even more liberal once power gets to his head. If he were to turn, he has a long life on the bench pushing liberal ideology reconstructed in constitutional manipulation.

What was his role in the bakery that was forced to make the perve cake or go out of business?

Colorado is Uber Liberal,

Why not William Pryor Jr. ?

Trump handed the Libs a win with Sessions, and they are cutting off their noses to spite their face.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1

That is not a good thing at all. That just means he has to be liberal if the libs like him. And back then, the R's were not "on notice". Sessions is so young, that he hasn't fully developed his position and can and will turn even more liberal once power gets to his head. If he were to turn, he has a long life on the bench pushing liberal ideology reconstructed in constitutional manipulation.

What was his role in the bakery that was forced to make the perve cake or go out of business?

Trump handed the Libs a win with Sessions, and they are cutting off their noses to spite their face.

Now, I don't know the context in which this was said, but ...

Gursuch wrote in a book about ethics, "All human beings are intrinsically valuable and the intentional taking of human life by private persons is always wrong."

Does that mean he does not believe in self defense?
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1

Now, I don't know the context in which this was said, but ...

Gursuch wrote in a book about ethics, "All human beings are intrinsically valuable and the intentional taking of human life by private persons is always wrong."

Does that mean he does not believe in self defense?

Yep, that is what it means. There will be constitutional mis interpretations and you will lose your gun rights.

But this really should not come as a surprise to anyone. Trump EXPLICITLY said that he is in favor of no fly list people being denied their second amendment rights. Now with a supreme court justice who is so blatantly against any death, his interpretations will NEVER be on the side of gun owners if he can wrangle the wording to mean something the founders never intended.

He would be in place for 40 years or more. Do you really want that? The libs love him. They only oppose because he is a Trump pic. Yet they forget he (Trump) was in bed with the Clintons. That relationship may be some strained, but you bet your bottom dollar Trump knows a good business deal, even with a bad partner.

Just hope and pray the rest wake up.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

Alternate Facts! Clear violation! [;)]

see, mine is much more popular [:D]