In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SCCY

pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Can anyone tell me about the SCCY 9mm handguns? Please tell all about any testing you have done and how reliable they are, Thanks
cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 

Comments

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone have one of these ? looking folks thoughts on them
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is it?
    A disease? Lord I hope not, but I will ask my doctor next week.[:D]
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's better pistols.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes, stay away from them
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard good things....seems most folks like them....and at the price point they seem to sell it seems like a good value.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Basically a rebadged kel-tec. At least they look like a kel-tec design.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that's the company with the no-matter-what guarantee.

no matter what happens to it, even if it gets stolen, they'll repair or replace it.

iirc
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pronounced "sky". Pretty close to the ugliest pistol out there, but several folks who own them claim that they work well, & keep working. And they are dirt cheap.

For someone on a budget, I'd recommend one before I'd suggest a Taurus.

Neal
    edited November -1
    i know several people who own them, mostly new shooters who buy them and a box of ammo, shoot a few mags and call it good, including my own brother and sil

the rest of the crowd are shooters, they are unreliable jammo-matics , and cannot handle +p at all
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they do have a lifetime warranty to whoever has the gun. When you resale the gun the warranty follows the gun.

Thats pretty good but i have taken mine apart and it looks kind of cheep. I have the SCCY 9mm 2 the one without a safty and it has never failed to shoot but i never shoot plus p ammo in anything.

I got mine for 150 that is the only reason i bought it.
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

They sold them ( a bunch ) @ the last "shop" where I was employed as a "smith" , It is a keltec type copy ( rumor has it that the owner was a keltec employee ) ? Trigger pull is terrible ! Will not fit some hands , has some feed / function problems , Im Not Impressed with these !!!
    Had several compliants with these !!!
    Great warrenty ( thats a good thing ) .....
    Their are much better firearms for the money ........

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the info .Not sure what my next purchase will be but thinking of upgrading my concealed carry piece.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    yes, stay away from them

Why?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pulsarnc
    Thanks guys for the info .Not sure what my next purchase will be but thinking of upgrading my concealed carry piece.

Take a look at the Honor Defense Honor Guard. Feels really nice in your hand, decent price point, a couple of barrel length choices with more likely coming. http://www.honordefense.com/
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a add for them . not rushing to get one however
    what I don't get they have a lifetime no matter the owner repair or if stolen replace it . great but I read that as they have almost nothing in them to be able to do so they can afford a few
    It would be great to see a major name company do the same but how many would step up to that level or giving you a new one if yours was stolen or even 5 owners down the road replace it
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just some food for thought...

I bought one of the 1st heritage arms single action revolvers back when they first started distribution (we stocked them in the shop)

It's has gone back for warranty repair twice - no problems - good customer service - good warranty policy

It's not a high end pricey top notch piece

I paid less than $100.00 for it

It's been a lot of fun - it shows some wear and usage

Not all guns are the best guns - not everyone needs the best guns

The term is mild usage entry level starter gun

Mike
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    yes, stay away from them

Why?

i know several people who own them, mostly new shooters who buy them and a box of ammo, shoot a few mags and call it good, including my own brother and sil

the rest of the crowd are shooters, they are unreliable jammo-matics , and cannot handle +p at all