In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Neoblackdog and Dads

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Y'all talked me into it

2BBB5E50-AA4D-4727-984F-4C3D02D3D28A_zpsvxsmlrca.jpg

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Atta Boy![^]
    I think you'll like that, BSR, and if you like a rye then try the 1910.
    I keep a jug in the freezer. The colder it is, the better it tastes.

(Please drink responsibly. Failure to do so can result in a phenomenon known as BigRig Inverticitis, and no one wants that!)
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    soon you'll be doin' the 'Pendelton crawl'
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to hear, BSR. I have become a great fan of the 1910. It is some darn fine sipping whiskey. I like it better than the regular Pendleton.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It wasn't bad at all!

Now, I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm a "Mix Drink" guy. I don't like complicated drinks, I like 'em simple. So for me the whiskey or bourbon has to mix well with Coke and mind you now I don't mix 'em weak! There is just enough Coke to kill the bite. I fill the glass with ice, then 2/3 or better with booze (get's stronger the more I drink [:D] ) then it gets a splash of coke. For me this is the only way I can drink spirits unless it is "shot" time and I stay away from shots mostly, well I have been known to toss a hooker or two of the legal store bought moonshine.

In my opinion not all different brands of whiskey/bourbons make good mixers, I have close to 20 different brands of whiskey and bourbon and not all of them mix well with my way of mixing.

For me my favorites are ,
    Makers Mark
    Jim Beam
    And Jack Daniels in a pinch.

My two least favorites are
    Jim Beam Devils Cut, the woodsy flavor is just too much.
    Elija Craig, leaves a funky after taste.

The Pendelton mixed well, not too sweet amd not skunky like some of the others. I will be drinking more of this and the price is perfect. $29 a bottle compared to $49 for a smaller bottle of Makers. Now the next time Bryanns dad comes up to visit I'm having him make a liquor store run for me, for some wierd reason booze is a ton cheaper in CA.
    edited November -1
    Good Lord, Aunt Agatha![:(!]
    I am so very disappointed in you, BSR!![V]
    The only thing (other than ice!) that good whicky like that should be mixed with is saliva![^]
    (It is best, when drinking in the presence of others, to be sure and mix said whicky and saliva internally. Doing otherwise will really gross out your drinkin' companions!)[:D][:D][:D]
    Enjoy!!![^]
    edited November -1
    Mixing good whiskey?!? With Coke?!?

Dear Heavens! My head is spinning. My heartbeat is thready and weak. I am stunned.

I am going to My safe space...[:I]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    Good Lord, Aunt Agatha![:(!]
    I am so very disappointed in you, BSR!![V]
    The only thing (other than ice!) that good whicky like that should be mixed with is saliva![^]
    (It is best, when drinking in the presence of others, to be sure and mix said whicky and saliva internally. Doing otherwise will really gross out your drinkin' companions!)[:D][:D][:D]
    Enjoy!!![^]

From the looks of your spelling you have been in the "wickey"!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Dear Heavens! My head is spinning. My heartbeat is thready and weak. I am stunned.

LMAO [:D]

BTW, I can't handle it straight up or just on ice, get the heartburn somethin fierce. Has to have just enough Coke to take the edge off. I'm not a girlie drink mixer, there is just a splash of Coke, I can get roughly 6 drinks made out of 1 can [8D]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1

That used to be the only way I would drink it, now I don't even use Ice.
    edited November -1

If'n I was closer I'd buy you a drink! I think we probably both need one after that shocking disclosure!![:D]
    edited November -1
    I suppose y'all woulda had a fit over me cooking three NY Strip steaks (2" thick!) in a frying pan to sear them then placing them in a large pan with a touch of olive oil and tossing them in the oven. Afterwords I used some A1 for dipping sauce on mine and Bryann and her Mom both said those steaks were deedamnlicious! [:p][8D][:p]

Some purists want thier steaks still mooing and no A1 or you're a commie. [:o)]

Sorry, gotta have me a splash of Coke [:D][:D][:D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I should ad a bottle of this Pendleton 1910 to my SHFT stores?
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Canadian? Blended? OMG just chug some VO. [:D]

Evan Williams Single Barrel.[8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

I suggest it highly. NeoBlackDog was kind enough to gift myself and CapnMidnight each a bottle some time back when we met for lunch.

I got hooked. Bad. I have been a single malt man for years, but the 1910 Rye whiskey is awful tasty. I went through the bottle Steve have me...and at least two more after. Faulty corks and evaporation you know. [:I]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

I suggest it highly. NeoBlackDog was kind enough to gift myself and CapnMidnight each a bottle some time back when we met for lunch.

I got hooked. Bad. I have been a single malt man for years, but the 1910 Rye whiskey is awful tasty. I went through the bottle Steve have me...and at least two more after. Faulty corks and evaporation you know. [:I]

At least yours hangs around long enough to evaporate! Once that cork goes bad on mine it just seems like someone's pouring it right out... Dang'dest thing.
    And yes, Shilowar, you need to add this to your SHTF stores. Just be carefuyl with the corks...[;)]
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Tell me it ain't so. Putting coke in good whiskey is like sex with a rubber on. I've been to two goat ropin's and a county fair, but I ain't never heard of something this bad. Damn Lonnie, I'll bet you can't reach through the wheel and run both sticks either.[:(]
    I have a steadfast rule, if you can't drink it neat, or with an ice cube or two, it ain't worth drinking. And, if your going to drink it with coke, why buy good whiskey? You can't tell the difference. And I'll bet money on that.
    As far as the quality of Pendleton's 1910, well, I'd put it right up there with roping steers, shooting elk, and sex with the lights on. It has been said that I'm a fair shot, and a damn fine judge of good whiskey.
    W.D.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waste of good whiskey. Might as we just buy generic Costco whiskey to mix with Coke lol.