In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just got back from Missouri....collection pick up

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
I spent Thursday driving up....after picking up the Traverse from the shop and getting pictures of three last guns that had to get listed that day.

I couldn't sleep that night for anything. I saw the alarm clock say 2:30....4:15....5:00...5:25......that freaking clock was set to the wrong time too!!! I had it set for 9am because I was meeting the guy after 10. I get up...turn everything on....start getting ready and that is when I realize it is only 8am. I was so mad.....and tired!

The drive both ways was nice....no craziness....mostly surrounded by big trucks and we were all going 80 most of the way. I named my Navigation Helen. Helen kept interrupting the good songs on the radio to tell me stupid mess like..."stay on the current road" whenever I passed any major exit or intersection.

When you start talking back to your Nav you know you have been in the car a long time.

"I freaking know Helen....unless you tell me to turn I'm going to stay on the same road!"
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pick up any hitchhikers?
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No....but I did see a 13 foot tall black bird statue and a two hand spray painted signs. One said "Cross Da Street" in Memphis....and the other said "Lumpys used ?" in Arkansas. I kind of wished I were able to stop at both of these places and see why the bird and just what was Lumpy selling.

I did pick up a wall hanging moose blanket made from alpaca and a Mr Peanut salt and pepper set made of blue glass....who doesn't want a moose made from alpaca???
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    It does sound like you were very tired. I am glad you are back home safe.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't let the moose bite you. CaptFun can tell you why. [:D]
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My old Garmon had a female voice that would give you an attitude if you ventured from her chosen path[:0]
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I think my Garmon broke in Montgomery, Alabama. Last thing she said to me was, "Do whatever you want, you stupid SOB. I'm outa here!" Actually, that was what my ex-wife said, too! I miss that Garmon, sometimes.

Dan

quote:Originally posted by Cornflk1
    My old Garmon had a female voice that would give you an attitude if you ventured from her chosen path[:0]
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    OK enough about THE TRIP Tell us about what you picked up in the collection[:I]
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Don't let the moose bite you. CaptFun can tell you why. [:D]

Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...

(my favorite movie ever.....)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter

There are 45 items altogether....mostly long guns, 10% really REALLY nice items. It was a nice trip and saved them some money. When you break down the cost for me to travel and pick up this batch the math works out to about $6 per gun compared to shipping.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter

There are 45 items altogether....mostly long guns, 10% really REALLY nice items. It was a nice trip and saved them some money. When you break down the cost for me to travel and pick up this batch the math works out to about $6 per gun compared to shipping.

Sounds like it's well worth taking the trip.
    Specially if it's fun,which most gun folks are,and you have a good trip.[^]
  • neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "but I did see a 13 foot tall black bird statue"

Would that happen to have been in Ravenden, Arkansas? That is on Hwy 63/412 in the hills of Arkansas about 35 miles before you get to the Missouri state line at Thayer, Missouri. They have a big raven statue on the right side of the highway going west just before you get to a convenience store called "Cookie's One Stop". If so, you would have come pretty close to me.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by neacpa

Would that happen to have been in Ravenden, Arkansas? That is on Hwy 63/412 in the hills of Arkansas about 35 miles before you get to the Missouri state line at Thayer, Missouri. They have a big raven statue on the right side of the highway going west just before you get to a convenience store called "Cookie's One Stop". If so, you would have come pretty close to me.

YES!!! They rent a lot of canoes out there! Its a beautiful town. I drove through this little shop area that looked like it had been there a long time....I wished I could have stopped and looked around!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "In 400 yards go straight."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

I see you have met Helen.
  • TangoSierraTangoSierra Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by neacpa

YES!!! They rent a lot of canoes out there! Its a beautiful town. I drove through this little shop area that looked like it had been there a long time....I wished I could have stopped and looked around!

Hey, you passed about 250 yards from me on US 63 which is now I 555. If I had known that you were coming, I could have at least stood out on the side of the road and waved at you as you passed by.

Have seen the Raven at Ravenden many times. Canoe rentals are big business in that area for floating on the Spring River in the Summer. Some weekends you can't hardly see the river for the canoes.

Glad you had a safe trip. If you get up this way again give me a shout.[8D]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    And then in 400 yards... "Continue on the current route."
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Recalculating. Recalculating.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did Jimmy get into any fights with flaggers, or other road workers??
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    [:D][:D]
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67

No, I hate about 95% of people so I chose not to interact. I wasnt able to go on this trip.
    jimmy