In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Giveaway: 10mm brass. Tell joke.

beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Had these in storage forever, time for giveaway [;)].

Its once-fired 10mm brass from Double-Tap. Cases look to be nickel-plated, around 20 pieces, a few are dinged.

Will pick winner at random Sunday evening and probably send out brass Monday AM.

If you want to enter for the giveaway just:

a. Say so, and
b. Post a joke.

b is optional. [;)]

IMG_20160430_1605246401.jpg

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    I'll take a pass on the brass, but here's a joke:

Guy comes home from fishing Sunday morning and plops down in the easy chair to watch the football game. He yells to his wife: "Honey, how about fixin' me a couple of sandwiches, it's about to start." She fixes his sandwiches and brings them to him. "Could you turn the t.v. on, it's about to start." She lets out a big sigh and turns on the t.v. and storms back into the kitchen. "Could you bring me a beer" he shouts "it's about to start". She opens the fridge, grabs a beer, slams the door and drops it into his lap. "All you do is fish, drink, and watch football. I swear I gettin' dang tired of it! You never take me anywhere. You never help me around the house..." He mumbles under his breath:

"It's started"
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Likewise, I have no use for the brass but will share a funny.

Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday and the priest almost fell down when he saw him. Murphy had never been seen in church in his life. After Mass, the priest caught up with Murphy and said, 'Murphy, I am so glad you decided to come to Mass, what made you come?'

Murphy said, 'I got to be honest with you Father, a while back, I misplaced me hat and I really, really love that hat. I know that McGlynn had a hat just like me hat, and I knew that McGlynn came to church every Sunday. I also knew that McGlynn had to take off his hat during Mass, and figured he would leave it in the back of church, so I was going to leave after Communion and steal McGlynn's hat.'

The priest said, 'Well, Murphy, I notice that you didn't steal McGlynn's hat. What changed your mind?'

Murphy said, 'Well, Father after I heard your sermon on the 10 Commandments, I decided that I didn't need to steal McGlynn's hat after all.'

The priest gave Murphy a big smile and said; "After I talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' you decided you would rather do without your hat than burn in Hell, right ?"

Murphy shook his head and said, 'No, Father, after you talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery' I remembered where I left me hat.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good jokes.

So nobody wants any 10mm brass?
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No brasss but,
    granddaughter asks me -"what do you call a cow with no legs?"
    Me,,Hmmm,,,, I don't know[:I]
    She---GROUND BEEF!
    get it,,,,get it,,GROUND BEEF!
  • bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No brass for me but here are two "true" stories.

My wife was in the hospital recently. Doctors did everything they could but she lived anyway.

I went for my last checkup and he kept trying to stick his finger in my butt. I told him to stop or I'd have to find a new dentist.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure I could use the brass but I've been told them nickel jobbies made re-loading a pain.

As for a joke the auto-sensor wouldn't allow if in English.
  • neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have no need for the 10mm brass, but here is a joke anyway....

The manager, who was an ex military captain, of a large office noticed a new man one day and told him to come into his office. "What is your name?" was the first thing the manager asked the new guy.

"John", the new guy replied.

The manager scowled, "Look, I don't know what kind of namby-pamby place you wokred at before, but I don't call anyone by his first name. It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my employees by their last name only - Smith, Baker, Jones - that's all. I am to be referred to only as Mr. Robertson. Now that we have that straight, what is your last name?"

The new guy sighed and said, "Darling. My name is John Darling."

"Okay John, the next thing I want to tell you is...."
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    what do you call a blind deer
    no idea
    What do you call a blind deer with no legs
    still no idea
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    Sure I could use the brass but I've been told them nickel jobbies made re-loading a pain.

As for a joke the auto-sensor wouldn't allow if in English.

Didn't know that.

If the nickel makes these un-reloadable, then I'll just toss them. No point wasting my money and your time!
  • telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am interested in the brass and heres about the only clean joke I Know.

What do u call a dog with no legs? It don't matter he cant come anyway.

What do you do with a dog with no legs? Take him for a drag!
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Two Indians riding through the forest. Suddenly one stops, dismounts, puts his ear to the ground for a few seconds. Gets back on his horse, says "Hmmm...buffalo come."

Other Indian says "How you know buffalo come?"

First Indian points to his head, says "Ear sticky."

If I win give the brass to Perry Shooter. He's one of few around here that has any idea.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    Good jokes.

So nobody wants any 10mm brass?

I'm in for the brass... Joke forth coming!
    edited November -1
    A Mafia gang takes on a Deaf man to run their deliveries, feeling it would be safer having someone unable to overhear conversations. However, one day when he is to deliver a large sum of money, he never shows up with it. The mobsters track him down, but don't find the money on him. As none of them are able to use sign language, they bring in an interpreter.

Mobster: "Where'd you hide the money?" (Interpreter signs the question.)

The bag man signs his reply. The interpreter says, "He says he had to ditch it in the river because the cops were onto him."

Mobster: "I'm not fooling around! You better tell me where that money is!" (Interpreter again signs.)

The bag man signs his reply, and the interpreter relays, "He swears he is telling the truth. He had to get rid of it."

The mobster pulls out a revolver and points it between the Deaf man's eyes. "Tell me where that money is, or I'll kill you right now!"
    (Interpreter signs his statement.)

The bag man, sweating profusely, signs, "It's inside a shoebox under a loose floorboard in my bedroom closet."

The interpreter says, "He says he doesn't know where it is and he doesn't think you have the guts to pull the trigger."

[:0]
    edited November -1
    One more...

A 92 year-old man went to the Doctor to get a physical.
    A few days later the Dr. saw the man walking down the street
    with a gorgeous young lady on his arm.

A couple of days later the Dr. talked to the man and said, "You're
    really doing great, aren't you?"

The man replied, "Just doing what you said Doctor, 'Get a hot mamma
    and be cheerful."

The Doctor said, "I didn't say that. I said you got a heart
    murmur. Be careful."

[:D]
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    Please enter me