In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

This sound Hokey to you.

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
quote:Eugene police are investigating an alleged hate crime that occurred last week on West 11th Avenue in which two white men are believed to have chased a black teenage boy, yelling racial slurs at him as the teen ran.

The boy was chased through an apartment complex, a wooded area and finally to the door of a building, police said. The teen ran inside the building and told an adult what was happening, police said.

The two men then left and have not been found.

"It saddens and concerns me greatly to hear of this kind of aggressive, hateful behavior occurring toward anyone in our community, and especially toward a young person. I am grateful he is OK and that there was a caring adult nearby to help," Eugene Mayor Kitty Piercy said. "Hate and bias are not welcome in our community."

The incident was reported to police at 6:31 p.m. April 19. Police on Friday - 10 days later - issued a news release about the event.

The boy, 15, said he was walking near apartments on West 11th Avenue when a gold Chevrolet four-door sedan passed him on the right, police said.

The car slowed down, turned around and came toward him, the teen told police.

The driver and a passenger allegedly got out of the car and ran toward the teen "in an aggressive manner," police said.

The teen fled, police said, and hid until he thought the men were gone. When he ran toward another location, he noticed the same car coming toward him, police said.

Police said the driver sped through a parking lot in an attempt to catch up to the teen, but the boy made it inside a building and found an adult, who called police.

To report a hate or bias crime, residents should call Eugene police at 541-682-5111 or 911 if it is an emergency, police said.

To report a noncriminal incident, call the Human Rights and Neighborhood Involvement Office, 541-682-5177.

According to a report issued by the city last year on hate and bias, there were 47 hate crime reports to Eugene police in 2014, of which 16 dealt with race while 13 were reported to involve sexual orientation. Six dealt with national origin, and six involved religion. The rest involved homelessness, disability, ethnicity and source of income. Five of those cases were later deemed unfounded, while eight of them led to the arrest of at least one person, the report states.

There were 37 reports of hate crimes in 2013, two of which were deemed unfounded. Race was also the leading factor in 2013, the report reads.

Comments

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am betting that if it occurred, he left out the part where he ripped them off on a dope deal or stole something from their car.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    " I dindonuffin."
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I'm taking a beating on face book about this. Cause I said something just does not sound right.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe any of these BS reports. Ever. They are virtually always a hoax, or as Shilowar stated, they leave out the part where 'The Victim' stole something, threw a rock at their car, tried to break into the car...the Dindunuffins lie.

All the time. It is their nature.
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think we should all call that posted number and start asking some of these questions [:D][8D][;)][}:)]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how can they maintain their SPECIAL CLASS of citizenship if everyone did not treat them as special 24-7-365 ?????????????????????????? B fkng S
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of COURSE it is fake! White guys don't drive gold colored vehicles!

Merc
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Something does not sound right. Oh, I believe the kid, but I think that somebody did something to these two guys in the car and they were out looking for them. By the way GG, Eugene must be like Detroit, with all the stuff you post about it. Is it really that bad???????Oakie
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Something does not sound right. Oh, I believe the kid, but I think that somebody did something to these two guys in the car and they were out looking for them. By the way GG, Eugene must be like Detroit, with all the stuff you post about it. Is it really that bad???????Oakie

Yes I've started to pack again.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a typical teenage story.
    I bet his dad has been there to console him...
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    dang 'snowflakes' are trouble makers,,