In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

U.S. Flaming Bomb on a Winchester

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
Well so far today I have cleaned and resembled a Remington model 241 Speedmaster rifle chambered in .22 short and made in 1936.My guys liked shooting that one. Next was a Stevens 87D but that one is going to need a firing pin. Now I have an 03 Winchester 22 chambered in .22 Win Auto that I'm putting back together. The Winchester has "U.S. and a Flaming Bomb" on the receiver. Ain't that cool??

Comments

• cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the serial # on the 03. I've never heard of the gov. buying any. Pictures would help. A lot of fake martial marked Winchester guns out there.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Are you going to list the Speedmaster on GB?
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably yes on the Remington 241. As far as the Winchester goes it is real. I bought it a while back at a shop in Mass. I called Mr. George Madis at home. At that time he was Winchester's Historian I think. He assured me the rifle was genuine. A really nice man we talked for maybe twenty minutes on collectible Win. I think he died the next year. I got two 03's out of that shop. The one above as well as a deluxe with really nice wood.