In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UPDATE Some Prayers For My Mom Today

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Today she has an appointment to see an Oncologist doctor to see about removing the spots in her lungs.

I think they will say she is to weak to have surgery. So today we will find out our options.[:(]

Comments

• Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent from Mississippi
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers asked
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,997 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update??? How'd the appointment go,Dave???
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for you and your mother
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope it went well
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She has cancer in the upper left chamber in her lung. There is another spot that shows up on the right side also.

They are going to do a test on that and see if it is cancer also. They believe it is cancer.

She was told today that she is not in good enough shape for surgery and she told them surgery was not an option.

All that is left is radiation. They told her that their was 2 options the first was go in and put markers around the cancer and use precision target to kill the cancer.

She said no to that. The other thing is to just radiate a bigger area. That is what Mom chose.

She has 2 options on radiation. The first is 3 mega doses. The second is 5 doses every other day. Each one has the same amount of radiation just spread over more time.

The bad thing is Mom saw what cancer did to me. She saw radiation eat me up. I told her i had 35 doses and 2 times more than they recomend but they had to do that to kill the cancer.

So we will start radiation within the next 2 weeks. Mom will try that and if she does not like it she will stop it.

Like my sister and i told her everything is her decision. Do what she wants.

They think they can kill the cancer with just radiation because they caught the cancer really early. They were looking for something else when they found it. They were looking for a stroke when they found cancer. Its only 1.4 cm now.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Prayers for your mom and family, Dave.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very sorry to hear this,... your mother has my prayers.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave, I will keep your mom in our thoughts and prayers. Oak
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    prayers sent Dave, but it is her decision no matter the outcome, hope it is the best and easiest on everyone.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers said for your Mom and Family!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent, been there
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent from here Dave.

If it was me I would just want palliative care and live life as good as I can.
    RLTW

• Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Praying for your mom and family to get through this as best as she possibly can. It's never easy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    prayer continues