In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Manafort should be pardoned

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Considering the left is drooling over the possibility of putting Manafort in jail for LIFE!! I think Trump should pardon him as soon as the goonies finish convicting him.

1.) I am not afraid of Manafort, why put him in jail for life he isn't violent or dangerous.

2.) The only reason they even looked at him is the whole BS witch hunt for Trump, if he owes taxes fine let him pay the back taxes.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that Mueller and the NY US Attorney thought Manafort would actually go to trial. They thought he'd flip on Trump. I'm not sure Manafort is deserving a pardon, especially at this point until the evidence is heard.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Manafort spent a lot of taxpayer money for personal luxuries.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Manafort is the quintessential low-life swamp dweller. He appears to be upstanding and hard working. In reality he is a slime ball liar cheat Elite that the rules do not apply to. He is no different than the Clinton Crime Family only he is a bigger hog.

The man hid millions, lied about it and is now doing the perp dance.

Lock his * up for life after his tampering with witnesses and tax evasion convictions. He deserves it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prosecutor-manafort-150000-jacket-made-ostrich-215211080.html
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as the Obama's and Clinton's and their crews can see the light of day, why not!
    What's next?
  • Mr. OMr. O Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Manafort is the quintessential low-life swamp dweller. He appears to be upstanding and hard working. In reality he is a slime ball liar cheat Elite that the rules do not apply to. He is no different than the Clinton Crime Family only he is a bigger hog.

The man hid millions, lied about it and is now doing the perp dance.

Lock his * up for life after his tampering with witnesses and tax evasion convictions. He deserves it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prosecutor-manafort-150000-jacket-made-ostrich-215211080.html

I don't know squat about Manafort, but if you use yahoo for more than 5 minutes and don't see they are as biased as they come, you are blind. That is clearly a hit piece that you linked to, pretty much even comes right out and says it...

Now maybe the guy is a dirt ball, I don't know, just saying yahoo wouldn't be my card to throw out there as any type of proof.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When a tax evader is looking at 310 years and gangbangers get short time something is wrong.

This is 100% political, look at who is prosecuting and tell me it isn?t. They are going to squeeze him with this untill he fingers Trump for anytbing even if it is fictional. Pure left wing political stunt move.

Although I?m sure Barzilla is having an orgasm right now.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that I would use the words "poor" & "Manafort" in the same sentence (unless that's meant to be funny).

When you're involved in business deals involving hundreds of millions of dollars, you can't act like, "Gee, I didn't realize I had to pay tax on that." And, you can't be surprised when things go awry while you are dealing with oligarchs in Eastern Europe.

Still, if I were a juror, I would start out with an assumption of innocence, & make certain that the government PROVES it's case if they want me to convict.

Neal
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Poor Manafort, he is such a victim of circumstances that are far beyond his control that he deserves sympathy, and not justice.

Character is destiny.

Here, and hereafter.

Not denying that a tax evader needs punished but if you look at what?s happening right now and stop being a leftist cheerleader you would see that this is 100% political, 310 years,,,, really??? We don?t punish gangbanging murderers that harshly.

BTW, did it feel good?
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He may be dirty but he only got singled out due to Trump winning and the left being butt hurt. Plenty of tax dodgers in the past admin some still haven't paid.

I don't condone his crimes but the manner in which he is being singled out.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Al Sharpton still owes around $7,000,000 in back taxes and continues to walk the streets a free man.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    al sharpton is SHARP....he is getting to keep the money and WALK because he was declared " a special nigerian"
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    Al Sharpton still owes around $7,000,000 in back taxes and continues to walk the streets a free man.

+1

Manafort may be dirty but this is a political hit piece and it is ugly and a sham on our justice system.

These scumbags have perverted the US Justice system so bad that people would rather die that get caught up in it. They know the system will destroy them even if they are innocent.
    RLTW

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Poor Manafort, he is such a victim of circumstances that are far beyond his control that he deserves sympathy, and not justice.

Character is destiny.

Here, and hereafter.

Exactly what sort of character are you exhibiting if you are in support of such a harsh penalty for tax evasion?

You keep laying the bricks.. which are more like wood hay and stubble.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree Buddy. He seems like a pretty nice guy and hell if he likes Trump how bad can he be right?? Glad we finally agree on something.[:)]quote:Originally posted by Barzillia

Character is destiny.

Here, and hereafter.
    edited November -1
    He may not need a pardon he might walk.

From what little I have seen the prosecution is going down the wrong path.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    The prosecutors are really messing up.

This guy is going to walk.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Character is destiny.

Here, and hereafter.

Exactly what sort of character are you exhibiting if you are in support of such a harsh penalty for tax evasion?

30 years max for multiple counts of tax evasion doesn't seem particularly harsh, if he gets the full sentence possible.

He could have gotten far less with a guilty plea, or cooperation.

His choice.
    Your statement was in support of 310 years. Changing your tune? Good.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1

Character is destiny.

Here, and hereafter.

30 years max for multiple counts of tax evasion doesn't seem particularly harsh, if he gets the full sentence possible.

His choice.

I said nothing about 310 years, nor tax evasion.

I said that his character would be his destiny.

And I implied that he deserves justice, and not sympathy.

I'll stay with that thought, at this point.

Especially since he has refused to offer his cooperation, or admit any guilt.

Whatever you inferred from that in judgement of me, is a product of your own heart.

So, do you think Manafort should be pardoned, if convicted ?
    Your question belies your lack of belief.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Character is destiny.

Here, and hereafter.

His choice.

I said nothing about 310 years, nor tax evasion.

I said that his character would be his destiny.

And I implied that he deserves justice, and not sympathy.

I'll stay with that thought, at this point.

Especially since he has refused to offer his cooperation, or admit any guilt.

Whatever you inferred from that in judgement of me, is a product of your own heart.

So, do you think Manafort should be pardoned, if convicted ?
    Your question belies your lack of belief.

You'll need to explain that for me.

Explain why you won't answer my question!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good chance Manafort will walk. If so it will discredit Mueller.
    Mueller never thought Manafort would go to trial.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there anybody who hasn't evaded taxes to some degree or another here? Is it evasion or self defense? Do you know that if you make money on a yard sale you must report the income and it is taxable but it you loose money on one you cannot deduct it. Item by item.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Is there anybody who hasn't evaded taxes to some degree or another here? Is it evasion or self defense? Do you know that if you make money on a yard sale you must report the income and it is taxable but it you loose money on one you cannot deduct it. Item by item.

The government is a RICO gang top to bottom.
    I try to screw criminals and demoncraps any way I can.
    Cheat on your taxes-- starve demonrats

And repubs too.
    qs0xn6dm.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Good chance Manafort will walk. If so it will discredit Mueller.
    Mueller never thought Manafort would go to trial.

+1

Meuller should have been sent home 10 Months ago or unleashed on Hilary who really did deal with the Russians, took money from foreign Governments, lied, Failed to secure secret and sensitive data in accordance with the law, lied to congress, probably had several people killed.....so on and so forth.
    RLTW