In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Movie Company rentals

hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Had a Small Movie company that's filming 10 miles a way, call and wanted to get stock to change out on a shotgun.
They are using the same shotgun but using different stocks for other seances. Limited Budget. They only have 3 props/ firearms for the movie (robbery).

They film 1-3 times a year here.

What would it entail to be able to rent firearms out, for something like this.
I'd have to be on site of course.
Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    If you are there with eyes on, paying income tax is the only thing I would think,
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they do know they make plastic props that look real just like the big boy film makers do ?
    not to mention the fact countless old mossy and rem pump guns for 200.00 or so [:0]
    must be the poorest film making company ever
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    they couldn't begin to pay enough,to cover the liability,if/when some thing goes wrong. I'm out.
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just take out the firing pins and rent them whatever they want.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    they couldn't begin to pay enough,to cover the liability,if/when some thing goes wrong. I'm out.

Yep... If one of the actors decided to go postal and use real ammunition, you would be opening yourself up to a horrific lawsuit for letting them use the weapon....
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recall an incident where a low budget film company failed to notify local law enforcement of their schedule, & a couple of actors almost got shot.

Some things just aren't worth doing....

Neal
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cash or a check
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have some Pellet Handguns they are using.
    Umarex S&W M&P.

There is one fairly well known actor in the film.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time Wilmington, N.C. was turning a lot of movies and TV and some friends were doing a decent business supplying firearms.Bruce Lee's son Brandon was shot and killed on set here but my friends weren't responsible. The state decided to stop the tax incentives (not because of the accident) and the movies moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually did this last Fall, I brought all the guns out and acted as the on set armorer for 3 days, was alot of fun. Was just a short film, a western but it was a real professional production.

If you can do it I would highly recommend it.