In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Romney Not Running

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited February 2015 in General Discussion

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank God.
    RLTW

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a good thing
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Thank God.
    +100000000000000000000000
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully big government liberals like Bush, Huckabee, and Christie drop out as well.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Thank God.

quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    That's a good thing

OH YEAH!!!!!
  • m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good call. He can be our pitbull though. Keep at them Mitt. You told them so!!!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So The Donald has a chance?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One less turd in the punch bowl.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Good. Don't need a damned GUN BANNING LIAR RAT BASTID in the White House
  • firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That elitist SOB barely ran in 2012.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    Hopefully big government liberals like Bush, Huckabee, and Christie drop out as well.

We can only pray they do. I really want to vote for a conservative.
    RLTW

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He self-destructed on the debate question that the kid from Texas asked him about the Confederate flag. Good riddance!
    What's next?
  • wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really hate having to vote for someone that does not share my views, just voting for them as a lesser of two evils.
    Will the Repubs ever realize this?
    With things the way they are they could take control easily with the right canidate, but it can't be a Bush, Huckabee, Christie or Trump.
    Don't know who just yet, but being from Texas......
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiz1997
    I really hate having to vote for someone that does not share my views, just voting for them as a lesser of two evils.

Will the Repubs ever realize this?

Nope, not as long as people keep voting for "the lesser of two evils".
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    +1

Huckabee flipped for sure, and Perry made it be known that he was as corruptible as well. They both found out that you have to O'Bama up for big money, but who knows, they might make a good fox.
    What's next?
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they give Christie the nomination I will vote for the democrat in protest.

In some ways we are better off having a libturd in the WH as it galvanizes support against them like after Sandy Hook.
    That is a sad commentary as a "moderate" republican will be a gun banning magazine limiting ammo online do away with piece of gossa
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just hope the next president is better than the last two.
  • gunut 1gunut 1 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well then its that guy from Florida I guess....
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    +1

Huckabee flipped for sure, and Perry made it be known that he was as corruptible as well. They both found out that you have to O'Bama up for big money, but who knows, they might make a good fox.

Living in AR, I can tell you what kind of person Huckabee is. He brought socialized medicine into AR in 1997. Government spending under Huck increased by a whopping 65% and increased the number of state employees by 20%. His record of raising taxes in AR would make Bill Clinton look conservative.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    +1

Living in AR, I can tell you what kind of person Huckabee is. He brought socialized medicine into AR in 1997. Government spending under Huck increased by a whopping 65% and increased the number of state employees by 20%. His record of raising taxes in AR would make Bill Clinton look conservative.

That figures! Thank you for the staright sc oop on this guy.
    What's next?
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I believe that we have a large problem within our own ranks. This thread reminds me of a debate I had on another firearms forum with a guy from Mass., a gun owner who swears that not a single piece of anti-Second Amendment legislation crossed Romney's desk during his term as governor.

I pointed out that the Mass. General Assembly had passed a temporary resolution that banned a huge number of semi-automatic firearms and standard-capacity magazines. Romney changed the language of the resolution to look more like Clinton's 1994 law (which banned a smaller number of weapons), raised the fee for obtaining a hunting permit, then signed the most extensive semi-automatic weapon ban in the country into law permanently. His words during the signing were "These weapons are meant for a battlefield, not our streets."

This guy still stubbornly held onto his claim. There are too many gun owners out there who think that banning military-style semi-automatics is not anti-Second Amendment legislation, and would vote for a progressive like Romney without a qualm.

Scary.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even better makes it easier for Captain Fun to run for President.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    I believe that we have a large problem within our own ranks. This thread reminds me of a debate I had on another firearms forum with a guy from Mass., a gun owner who swears that not a single piece of anti-Second Amendment legislation crossed Romney's desk during his term as governor.

I pointed out that the Mass. General Assembly had passed a temporary resolution that banned a huge number of semi-automatic firearms and standard-capacity magazines. Romney changed the language of the resolution to look more like Clinton's 1994 law (which banned a smaller number of weapons), raised the fee for obtaining a hunting permit, then signed the most extensive semi-automatic weapon ban in the country into law permanently. His words during the signing were "These weapons are meant for a battlefield, not our streets."

This guy still stubbornly held onto his claim. There are too many gun owners out there who think that banning military-style semi-automatics is not anti-Second Amendment legislation, and would vote for a progressive like Romney or Christie without a qualm.

Scary.

Fixed it
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    One less turd in the punch bowl.

[;)]
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I hear Scott Walker is considering a run for the presidency. That could be interesting.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    VERY INTERESTING[;)]
    edited November -1
    I just hope the next president is better than the last two.

Why stop at the last two?
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I were him. I'd stay in and count the money. Too bad Mike Rowe don't have a backer with a butt load of money.
    edited November -1
    Good man Mike Rowe. Smart enough to know his limitations too.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Good man Mike Rowe. Smart enough to know his limitations too.

Why take the pay cut?
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Palin - Nugent!! [:D]
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll believe he's out when I see it. Politicians like Romney can't give it up. Wait and see he'll be there on the campaign trail with the rest of them before it's over.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    Palin - Nugent!! [:D]

There isn't enough roofies and bathsalts to make that dream team happen.