In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Giveaway with conditions WINNERS

whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
I received my publisher's allocation of Advance Reading Copies (ARC) for the book I have coming out in July. I'm allowed to send proof copies to people who might want to critique it (and also find those persistent errors that plague all books.

I'll send a copy to three names randomly drawn from the list of those who agree to read it and tell me and the thousands who read GB what they thought of the work.

Please, only enter if you read contemporary mainstream literature. This book happens to be set in the 1860-70's but it's NOT a Max Brand, Zane Grey type western. I'll keep the offer open for a week or so.

Clouder..

Winners (actually, I'm the winner here so thanks up front)
searcher5 (thanks to kimi)
perryshooter
dennisnielson
reloader44mag
fishkiller41

Please email your address using GB and I'll get the book out to you as soon as I hear.
The book is yours to do with as you please, the publisher supplies them in paperback form so they are expendable.

Clouder..

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I would be deeply honored to proof read and give you an honest.in depth report of what I thought of it..
    Thank you sir...

Jeff
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    I am a voracious reader and I go through over 100 novels every year, I would be honored to be one of the first reviewers of your new book.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will give it a read. Certainly provide feedback as well.

1860-70 a period of interest.[:p]
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would be happy to help out if you would like.
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    Count me in I'm out reading material. As a retired printer I've done a lot of proof reading.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I would like a chance to read one of your books Thanks Karl
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Thats a Cool Deal Wish I Could Read[^]
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in!!
    Thanks for the opportunity!!
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a tough critic, and errors jump out at me like a flash bang.
    If you draw me, you're going to get the truth.[:D]
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BUELL..correct?..I will read it...give an opinion...and send it back to you. thx for the chance.[:)]
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good offer, I have met Buell, quite a character. Don
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Count me in, please and thanks.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Please enter me. I'm not as sharp as most of the other folks around here, but I can read, and I know what I like. Thanks for the chance.

Dan
  • MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love the period and would be grateful for the opportunity to preview a copy. Please consider me for this offer.

Thank you,

Aaron
  • Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd love an opportunity to read it and give you some feedback.
  • redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please count me in. Thanks
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buell was in the family line. He came from Hamburg, fought with the redcoats against American patriots and was kicked out to Nova Scotia.
    Errors jump out at me but it sounds like there are better qualified proof readers.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I offered my thoughts on one passage for you once on this very forum. If that is the kind of help you think will be useful I would be honored to take a crack at it.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd really be honored to be considered for the drawing as well, Wally, but I'm not into reading much anymore, so if I am one of the winners, please send it to searcher5 as he loves to read, and also has a good way with words.
    What's next?
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there a Japanese Cowboy or at the very least a Chinese Cook/Laundry Person? Also where does it take place?
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    Put me in, I'm a reader.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    YOU BETTCHA, I'M IN [:)]
  • victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Count me in. I just finished Killing Patton and spotted perhaps 6 errors.

I assume you used MS Word and used the spell and grammar check. If so, you could send me the digital file, unprotected. I'd return it with the potential corrections and errors identified. In return, I'd then like a copy of your book.
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    Sounds interesting, and I may add it to my resume of editing projects. I'm finishing up one this weekend, so I'd be happy to work on your book.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I'm all about that time period and that type of literature. Please put my name in the hopper.
    W.D.
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to get in IF it has lots of pictures to color.
    I wrote a new book, myself. It is titled "Great Liberal American Heroes".
    The pages are all blank.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please count me in Reading is my second most favorite hobby [:)]
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please write me IN!!
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am the proud owner of one of Whiteclouder's books, so if you win, your in for a great read. A tremendous writer and one hell of a great gentleman.[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)] Oakie
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I am the proud owner of one of Whiteclouder's books, so if you win, your in for a great read. A tremendous writer and one hell of a great gentleman.[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)] Oakie

Thanks, Oakie, that's much appreciated.

I read for the first time today, front to back, the book I'm sending out to a few of you. I found a few basic one letter errors (upper/lower case) and three or four missing words that the publisher will fix. Overall, I'm pleased with this one.

Clouder..
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Wally. contact info sent. And thank you, Kimi. I tell you what for sure, a man could look high and low, and not find a better bunch of folks in this universe, than right here. Don't let that go to your heads!!!!!

Dan
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5
    Thanks, Wally. contact info sent. And thank you, Kimi. I tell you what for sure, a man could look high and low, and not find a better bunch of folks in this universe, than right here. Don't let that go to your heads!!!!!

Dan

You're welcome, Dan. Thanks to you, too, Wally.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    clouder...email sent and thank you. I will get right to reading it as soon as it arrives. Honest opinion to follow[:)]...reloader44mag Edit: Wally my email bounced back so I don't think ya got it. Let me know. This also happened to me when I tried to email dennis nielsen a few weeks ago..don't know why[V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    clouder...email sent and thank you. I will get right to reading it as soon as it arrives. Honest opinion to follow[:)]...reloader44mag Edit: Wally my email bounced back so I don't think ya got it. Let me know. This also happened to me when I tried to email dennis nielsen a few weeks ago..don't know why[V]

Send it to whiteclouder at cableone.net. I'll get it headed your way.

Clouder..
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    WOO HOO is this a great site with great people or what. This might break my cabin fever. Really looking forward to the book Emailed you with my address sent . "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    WOO HOO is this a great site with great people or what. This might break my cabin fever. Really looking forward to the book Emailed you with my address sent . "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"

It is a great group of people.
    I've heard from three of those interested and I'll send the books today. Thanks for reading it.

Bear in mind, the plot, scenes, etc. are pretty much set in stone, (PDF press format actually) I'd like for all of you to look for stuff such as you'll see at the bottom of page 53: I didn't hyphenate the time; six thirty. Then I did it again two lines later.[}:)] A copy editor is paid to catch those, but didn't.

Clouder..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

Send it to whiteclouder at cableone.net. I'll get it headed your way.

Clouder..
    clouder..got your email you sent me...I responded with my address..thx again..looking forward to reading it...reloader44mag
    edited November -1
    Okay, everyone I listed has a book one the way. Thanks.

Clouder..