In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Super Bowl!

NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Well, the big day is almost upon us.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Repeat after me...

BOOM!

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should be playing the Ravens. IN light of that fact, I have no choice other than to root for the Seahawks.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I might root for Pete Caroll to win a free lobotomy, but that's about it...
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    They should be playing the Ravens. IN light of that fact, I have no choice other than to root for the Seahawks.

THAT is right! I was rooting for the Ravens. I was hoping for an all-birds Super Bowl!
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Pats should be playing the Cowboys, but the NFL saw to it that the seachickens were back in it again this year with the other ringer. Green bay gave that game, I mean gift to the seachickens. The fix is in[;)] Pats 38, seachickens 30. I know one thing for sure, the balls will be checked and rechecked before every play.[;)][;)][;)]Oakie
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    The Patriots will be forced to play with handicapped footballs, as NFL punishment. They will have their choice between footballs that are filled with cement, therefore being properly hard, or with completely deflated footballs [:D][:D][:D][:p].
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    quote:Originally posted by JustC

THAT is right! I was rooting for the Ravens. I was hoping for an all-birds Super Bowl!

They cheated against us, and we tipped off the Colts, then the colts informed the refs, and still..........NOTHING. The fix is in for the cheatatriots. I hope the Seahawks crush their pansy *, just cause they cheated to get by us[:(!]
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    20150130_093949_zpszzd938pv.jpg

GO HAWKS!!

Okay, those cute young ladies persuaded me to change my mind. [:D] Go Hawks for the little ladies.[:)]
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lol thanks Oakie. They are only 5 but they do like watching football...at least for a bit..they crack me up when the Seahawks coach comes on tv..they yell "IT'S PETE CARROLL!!!" I have no idea why other than their Grandma told them she thought he was cute lol.
    edited November -1
    Man, those little girls are so CUTE! You're lucky!

Seahawks 34, Deflatriots 27
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there anyway both could lose?
    RLTW

• 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope. Someone's gonna win; and my support all goes to the Seahawks!
  • e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not gonna waste my time watching. I'm gonna be reloading. A much better use of time.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I am reloading today...shooting tomorrow morning. Pumping myself up for the big

BOOM!
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    I just can't get behind either one as favored, but I look forward to seeing who has the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Just wish for a good game leading up to that.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    New England Patriots are going to show the world they can get the job done! All the hype in the world will not help Seattle. I like the look and the smell of Black Powder smoke in Gillette stadium, too. (I should have checked out what it took to get on the end zone flint lock platoon while I was there!)

Wish the game was in Foxboro. We lived in Mansfield just south of the stadium in Foxboro. We could hear the noise, but we were a bit too far to smell the smoke. I had to go out and make my own! Good thing I got into muzzle loading down there!
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    anyone have any friendly wagers going on??? if you do i hope its on the patriots....JMHO

'bout forgot

BOOM
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish there was a way for both of these teams to lose!
  • cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those young ladies are so cute.I'm not a football fan but for them go seahawks.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear that there is a sporting event of some kind Sunday.[:D]
    Nothing like watching a bunch of rich guys playing with an inflatable toy!
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brian and Carol are ready.

Seahawks_zpsfe9c84bf.jpg
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tflogger

You can say that again.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e8gm
    I'm not gonna waste my time watching. I'm gonna be reloading. A much better use of time.

I always record the game and start watching when the real game is into the 2nd half.

The first half of the Super Bowl is a great time to go to Costco and stock up on all the crap that you have put off because you didn't want to deal with the crowds.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I always record the game and start watching when the real game is into the 2nd half.

The first half of the Super Bowl is a great time to go to Costco and stock up on all the crap that you have put off because you didn't want to deal with the crowds.

+1 except for the Costco part.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

No doubt! Make sure you put a one hour extension on the normal recording time!
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, have to go with the Pats!!!! After the Seahags lost to the Steelers then cried foul (nice pun eh!) I want to see them plucked and hung in a very grotesque and humiliating manner!!!!!
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm hoping for a huge blowout
    during the halftime show. Go Katy Perry.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Q: What do you call 53 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl in Arlington, Texas?

A: The Dallas Cowboys!
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    I'm hoping for a huge blowout
    during the halftime show. Go Katy Perry.

+1 Stands a good chance of being the only really memorable moment in this game.

Oh, and I just wrote that because I don't want to get fined. [:o)]
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Checked the Vegas odds this AM and was shocked to see that NE had gone from a 3&1/2 point favorite to a -3. I suspect that it took a huge money swing to do that. And, with three of the Legion of Boom at less than 100% coming off recent injuries that makes it doubly surprising.
    What's next?
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Son just brought over five pounds of buffalo hot wings, all fresh and Washington grown. Mild, hot, and hotter, with celery, extra hot sauce, and chunky blue cheese dressing. I'm going to start digging in in about an hour, and eat again at some point during the game!

Thinking a good score would be 27-23 Hawks, but the injuries make this iffy.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    My wife is making the wings and goodies! Habanero sauce, lots of napkins! Woop woop!

GO HAWKS!!

BOOM!
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Headed to our party with 3 feet of sub sandwich. There is always enough food for 47 people, and there are usually about 15 of us. No sense being hungry.

As always, I will be rooting for the Packers. [8D]
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    The mrs made buffalo meatballs.
    No idea what they're going to taste like.

And tater skins.
    No idea what they're going to tase like.

Always a good day to try new recipes!!!
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    GO PATS!

Ol'Cheatin' Pete probably worried about getting popped for PEDs for the 20th time.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    GO PATS!

Ol'Cheatin' Pete probably worried about getting popped for PEDs for the 20th time.

Ol' Cheatin' Belicheat is worried about his BALLS getting popped!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Seahawks half to shine!
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I REALLY hate NE, so I guess I'm rooting for the Seahags.[:0][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner