In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

C&R license Time needed?

Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
I sent in a application after the first of the year for a C&R license. Does anyone have a ballpark idea on the over/under of the time I should expect to hear from the government- hopefully regarding approval?

Comments

• searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I sent my renewal in the last week of December, and just got it yesterday. I would expect a renewal would process faster than a new application. Best I can do, don't remember how long the original took.

Dan
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It varies. I would wait 60 days and if it did not show up give them a call. My original application took a long time and after I called to check on it, it showed up within a week or so.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My last renewal (3rd one) took almost 6 months! Called the BATF and found out that when running the checks my bank account I had in Kuwait popped up, NBK bank and I was flagged. One phone call fixed it, had to explain I aas DOD Contractor and not a jihadist!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My last renewal took almost 3 months.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    SURPRISE SURPRISE

In todays mail came my C&R license- less than 30 days from the date of application. The lady in Spokane ATF office was very helpful and deserving of thanks.