In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Big Snow Storm Coming

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
We are supposed to get about 8 inches of snow starting sometime later tonight. I walked to the store about 2 blocks away and emptied their shelves of Cilantro.[;)][:)][:)][:)]

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to know when 8"s of snow became known as a "storm"
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz

Half that in North Carolina is a Major snow storm.[8D]
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz

Oh now a days everything over 2 inches is considered a storm. Our local weather forecasters just salivate when these come to pass. It is not just here remember earlier in the week when that snow hit the East coast
    they thought the world was gonna end.[;)]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    another bs storm headed here tomorrow. Last week we were suppose to get 18 to 24 inches. We got 1". Do they actually pay those forecasters or just find them on the street as magicians. [?] Seriously.[?]
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will Mayor scumbag of NYC shut the city down again?
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    another bs storm headed here tomorrow. Last week we were suppose to get 18 to 24 inches. We got 1". Do they actually pay those forecasters or just find them on the street as magicians. [?] Seriously.[?]

No, they used to be some of the scientists harping about Global WarmCool Weather Climate.

But they were fired for being wrong too often.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    they're saying 4-7 inches here.
    which is a pretty significant range.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NWS says we are supposed to get between 6-12" by Monday morning. Bring it on, my tractor is ready, and I know where my coat is. [:D][:D][:D]
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    12-16 is the current guess for our side of the lake.

Good feeling to know you don't have 80+ miles to plow?
  • redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wished I didn't have 600 miles of WI, Ill. and IN to go thru , 2 times thru Chicago in snow is no fun [:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BikerBob
    12-16 is the current guess for our side of the lake.

Good feeling to know you don't have 80+ miles to plow?

Yes but seeing that I have a corner lot and no one else on the block has a snow blower. Well you know the drill.[;)]
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    our news is having a fields day apologizing , as they do not know how the storm is tracking so were to get 3 to 10 inches ( of snow ) for some reason my wife perked up then realized I was talking about the snow [:o)] ,where we live is right on the line of the two fronts so we will know when its over how we did [:D]
    Ohio we get snow 6 to 10 is rare not like you western and north western states where that's a dusting [:D]
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    If you have a chain of stores and you want to rotate your stock, just pay some weather forecasters to predict two feet of snow[:D][:D][:D].
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Government is working on a program that will seed the clouds with cilantro. Within seven years snow will be green and delicious.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    We are supposed to get about 8 inches of snow starting sometime later tonight. I walked to the store about 2 blocks away and emptied their shelves of Cilantro.[;)][:)][:)][:)]

What I wanna know is. How much Cilantro can their be, where it's snowing that hard!!!
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    our news is having a fields day apologizing , as they do not know how the storm is tracking so were to get 3 to 10 inches ( of snow ) for some reason my wife perked up then realized I was talking about the snow [:o)] ,where we live is right on the line of the two fronts so we will know when its over how we did [:D]
    Ohio we get snow 6 to 10 is rare not like you western and north western states where that's a dusting [:D]

She lit right up when she heard 10"!!
    They'll always settle for 9"...[;)]
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our dispatch office has been going crazy with these weather reports, paranoid nervous nellies they are! Woke up a little bit ago, about 30 miles from my delivery in Louisville and I have to ask , where's the snow? According to dispatch I should have woken up in the middle of a full blown artic blizzard [8)]
  • Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good day to cast bullets.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a dusting from around 2-4am...non event[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    Our dispatch office has been going crazy with these weather reports, paranoid nervous nellies they are! Woke up a little bit ago, about 30 miles from my delivery in Louisville and I have to ask , where's the snow? According to dispatch I should have woken up in the middle of a full blown artic blizzard [8)]

you missed the fun

I snapped this as I went by , about the 21 mile mark Indiana toll road ( I90 )

truck_zps3c2ao3mb.jpg
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm inbetween Columbus and Zanesville OH right now till morning and it's raining pretty hard. What's my chances of waking up under a foot of snow?
    edited November -1
    one of our drivers is north of you on I80 snowing like crazy where he's at but I think you are far enough south , that is should stay mainly rain , good luck and be safe ,
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

What I wanna know is. How much Cilantro can their be, where it's snowing that hard!!!

Well at least 30 pounds worth.[;)]