In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thieves

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
yesterday at work one of the journeymen plumbers and his apprentice went to lunch. when they came back they noticed that they were missing about 60 feet of 1/2" copper and their fittings tray (about 15 pounds). the stupid people left the 2 tool boxes, an 18 volt dewalt combo pack, and the hole hawg all sitting right next to the copper. i know that copper is up right know but i think they would have been able to get more for the tools than the copper.

Comments

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Last Tuesday a buddy filled his truck with gas, $85.00 worth. A mile from the station some one pulled out in front of him, Barry went to the hospital in an abulance and his Ford left on a roll back. Barry is a little stiif and sore, bruised up from the air bad and seat belts but OK.

This morning he had his truck delivered to his house and went to pump the gas out before someone else got it. Guess what? Guys at the impound lot beat him to it. Tank was empty. He confronted the folks running the police impound lot, they just pointed at the sign that claimed they were not responsible for theft or lost items.

Nice guys, they'd probably steal the fillings out of your teeth given half a chance.
    edited November -1
    How would you like to come out in the Morning and find your truck like this in your own yard.
    thieves

truck_zpskfb6bima.jpg

This is what it looked like the night before.

truck%204%20tires_zps9c3ss1sp.jpg

What was taken. quote:35x12x50x15 cooper discover STT's on Mickey Thompson polished aluminum rims

Lucky this was in town and not at my place.
    edited November -1
    When I go to the Barber its when I find out whats going on in the area. Seems we have theives in the area again. Guy just in front of me was hit twice. He lives in and area of heavy traffic where the theives could have been seen.

This really makes me think about the times I have had late night people in my drive.

Normally I leave my Gun safe open. But about the last month I've kept it locked. Better get in that habit.[:(!]
    edited November -1
    While at work in the middle of the night I heard over my LE radio that a nearby small town was experiencing a widespread power outage. This entire town and a good bit of the surrounding area was reported to be down. When the power company boys got to looking around they found that person(s) unknown had cut the fence surrounding one of their power substations and stolen a bunch of copper from the active circuits.

Holy sheet! [:0]

The area where this occurred is notorious for it's heavy population of meth-heads, but how much is scrap copper going for now to make even these brain deads think this was worth doing?
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Steal truck with President's equipment. [:)]

By Laura Geller

NBC12 has uncovered one of those stories that makes you think: "How in the world does that happen?!" A truck filled with President Obama's podiums and audio equipment was stolen in Henrico just days before his visit to Chesterfield.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/15716468/thieves-steal-truck-with-presidents-equipment
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [:0] wow!
    that sux big time![B)]
    edited November -1
    I want to know how that thing is not falling off the bricks.
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

not windy enough![:o)]
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well they at least turned the blocks the correct way [:D][:D] most of the time they just drop them on the ground must have had the blocks handy as yard decorations
    like everywhere people are stealing what ever they can most to feed there drug habits [V]
    hope they had insurance
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    If you're sleepin that damn hard,U'r lucky they didn't take the friggin door skins and your intake!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    If you're sleepin that damn hard,U'r lucky they didn't take the friggin door skins and your intake!!!

Not me.
    edited November -1
    "Lucky this was in town and not at my place."

YO!!
    I'm from North Palm...
    U shuna parked dat * under a light!!![^]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    "Lucky this was in town and not at my place."

YO!!
    I'm from North Palm...
    U shuna parked dat * under a light!!![^]

My Place they would have been shot.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly

not windy enough![:o)]

Goodn' mate... I miss talkin to U "dan"...

Where I'm from U keep that sthi in the garage or loose it.
    We also are allowed to blast a MO FO into kingdom come...[:D][;)][8D]
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably no locking lug nuts. Oops.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Something just seems wrong with that picture. Why would crooks have put blocks under each wheel so carefully after stealing the tire and wheel? Why wouldn't they just let it back down unless they went to all four sides one at a time and had to block it up the same height.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Something just seems wrong with that picture. Why would crooks have put blocks under each wheel so carefully after stealing the tire and wheel? Why wouldn't they just let it back down unless they went to all four sides one at a time and had to block it up the same height.

To add insult to the injury.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Because if they used a floor jack, and you let it down onto the hubs the floor jack can't slide out from under the center front and rear end casings where you put the jack to lift both sides at once. {the fastest way}[;)]
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun

Because if they used a floor jack, and you let it down onto the hubs the floor jack can't slide out from under the center front and rear end casings where you put the jack to lift both sides at once. {the fastest way}[;)]

Given that the blocks are approximately four inches thick (tall) and there are three of them under each hub, that would mean the floor jack will only lower to twelve inches?

In other words, why use three blocks when two would have worked?

They did do a nice job of removing any of the tracks created by the floor jack. [;)]
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your mileage should be better now
  • cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm callin BS on this one. Nobody could do that and not leave marks in the mulch.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bet he pawned them
  • Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They sure were very neat and tidy.
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't decided which is worse; having all four wheels gone, or just one like the SOBs did to our 1970 Camaro. . . [:(!]
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cranky2
    I'm callin BS on this one. Nobody could do that and not leave marks in the mulch.

+1 calling it BS. Too neat for thieves.
  • oldgunmanoldgunman Member Posts: 1,779 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That happened to a newer truck some years ago a few blocks away. I think the truck was parked on street if I'm remembering right, and looked pretty much like that after. They had just got new tires and wheels a few days earlier. A couple thieves prepared and knowing what their doing could pull it off pretty fast. Hope they get caught but if not, KARMA will usually get them later.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    bet he pawned them
    Or the repo man came and removed them, lots of people finance tires/rims today.......miss payments too ! [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We were in Ashley, VA at the T/A and sleeping when my dog wake me up at 300 am. Celt someone on the catwalk. Got up an put on my pants and jump out of the truck. Came to the brake between the truck and trailer. Guy jump off and ran away. Only thing there is my load locks and they were lock up. Called safety next morning and had to fill out paperwork because the DA damage the catwalk while he was jump off.
    Rob
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How would you like to come out in the Morning and find your truck like this in your own yard.
    thieves

truck_zpskfb6bima.jpg

This is what it looked like the night before.

truck%204%20tires_zps9c3ss1sp.jpg

What was taken. quote:35x12x50x15 cooper discover STT's on Mickey Thompson polished aluminum rims

Lucky this was in town and not at my place.

The windows sure did get mighty dirty over night. That truck has been sitting there for a while. There's not even a scratch in the ground that it's sitting on.
  • booter_onebooter_one Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November -1
    Why would a thief take the time to leave it on blocks as neatly stacked that they are?[;)]
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Shouldn't the blocks be under the axles instead of out under the brake assemblies?
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    Shouldn't the blocks be under the axles instead of out under the brake assemblies?

Doesn't matter as long as the correct side is up.

Oh, wait - nevermind. That was a different kind of block.

[:D]
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Exactly!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran

Maybe they were using Bottle Jacks not floor jacks. So needed the extra height.
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Twice I have come home from work and found my house cleaned out. Many years ago a friend had the wheels stolen off his Corvette parked in the garage. Thieves are scum.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
    edited November -1
    quote:Break ins at gateway applebees and buffalo wild wings. Lots of cars got broken into.

During the super Bowl.