In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another email from a Friendly Kalifornian...UPDATE

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
My response follows his email:

Dear Sir,

I live in CA and I am a life member in the NRA and I am offended buy your rhetoric. I continue to jump through the hoops and I will continue to do business here out of spite for the corrupt lawmakers.
You on the other hand are doing exactly what they want, So shut the bleen up.

Thank you,

US Army veteran of 12 years and NRA life member,

Doxxxx xxxns

The NRA is one of the most anti-gun organizations on the face of the planet. They are VERY dangerous...a wolf in sheep's clothing. If you'd like an education, I'd strongly suggest going to GOA's website and spend a little time reading up on the NRA. You can also read up on them in GB's discussion forums...the Gun Rights Forum in particular.

BTW...I'm a disabled Combat Vet, but I choose to live in a free state.

May God Richly Bless you!

Eric

Update with Response:

Dear Sir,

As suggested I briefly educated myself and my viewpoint has change a bit. I never did like CCWs background checks and Project Exile which they never did sit well with me, but after checking out GOA's website I can see the difference. I can be glad I paid for my NRA membership a very long time ago and it was not that much back then.

I can only hope you except my humble apology for my foul interpretation of the English language, Although I still disagree with you for not dealing in my state . I must add that although CA continues to go down its slippery slope it will take me tooth and nail because I am fighting them all way.

Thank you Sir for your correspondence it has been enlightening and I will pass this information to my friends,

Doxxxxx xxxns

Along with my response:

No problem. I wish you the absolute best in your quest for the truth...and I truly hope that you and your fellow red blooded American citizens can take back the PRK (as we refer to it).

It was not my intention to insult, or slight, the folks of California...but I refuse to subject my business to the scrutiny of another un-Constitutional agency (the CA DOJ). This was not a decision we made lightly. We cut off a significant portion of our online business when we decided to stop selling firearms to Californians, but it was a decision made on principles. Some things are more important than money.

Again, take care...and I wish you the best.

Eric

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,996 ******
    edited November -1
    short,sweet,to the point,truthful. Think ya got it covered.[:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. Compromised to death....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    My response follows:

Dear Sir,

I live in CA and I am a life member in the NRA and I am offended buy your rhetoric. I continue to jump through the hoops and I will continue to do business here out of spite for the corrupt lawmakers.
    You on the other hand are doing exactly what they want, So shut the bleen up.

Thank you,

US Army veteran of 12 years and NRA life member,

Douglas Johns

The NRA is one of the most anti-gun organizations on the face of the planet. They are VERY dangerous...a wolf in sheep's clothing. If you'd like an education, I'd strongly suggest going to GOA's website and spend a little time reading up on the NRA. You can also read up on them in GB's discussion forums...the Gun Rights Forum in particular.

BTW...I'm a disabled Combat Vet, but I choose to live in a free state.

May God Richly Bless you!

Eric

[:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    There really are a lot of pansies on here.

I find it surprising but they keep popping up.

I guess it's easier to attack those who have it so good rather than either join them or to change things where they are.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    This could be fun. Can always use some of that. Keep us posted.[:D]
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I updated my initial post with his response...Maybe there's hope for Kalifornia yet! [:)]
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No shipping to Kali [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by okkim
    No shipping to Kali [:D]

This just goes to show that even some folks in Kalifornia are open to reason...[;)][:)]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:ECC

34622 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 : 3:36:21 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote

quote:Originally posted by okkim

No shipping to Kali

This just goes to show that even some folks in Kalifornia are open to reason...

And if there were a lot more of them the world would be a better place.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Awesome Eric. It's about time you converted somebody![:D][;)]
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did choose to leave CA in 1992. But moving isn't always an option. Easy to get up on your high horse and say "Move where you can be free" but it's another matter to actually do it. Means quitting a job, leaving friends and family, leaving the familiar and leaping into the unknown. It's tough, it's scary, it's risky.

I still don't see the need to sh/t on those stuck there. The bad laws are not their fault.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...