In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Getting affairs in order

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I'm retired, 68yo and not in the greatest of health. Wife is 17 years younger and still works. We refinanced the house about 3 months ago for 15 years at 3?%. Now, I'm preparing to, hopefully, sell my 2006 Tundra DC (clear title), pay-off my wife's car and a couple of old credit card debts that I've been paying down for awhile. Then I want to purchase a late model (more economical) car (probably a Camry). That will leave us with a house note, a small car note and general living expenses. My wife would be in a lot better financial shape when the good Lord calls me home; but, I do hate to sell my truck---it's for the best, tho.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get out of debt is good...country is running on hot air and that's a better position to be in for unknown outcome
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the mortgage is in your name only, you may want to look into the insurance that pays teh house off completely if you die. Keep it until the remaining balance is low enough for you to not worry about the wife...
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..Sounds like you have a plan. That's better than us. We're in our mid 50's and still haven't done a will. Probate can be a real mess. We have to get on that before one of us keels over. I couldn't get by without my truck though.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Selling your truck. Might as well throw your genitals ou the window too. What if you decide to go camping,fishing,hunting etc?
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    Selling your truck. Might as well throw your genitals ou the window too. What if you decide to go camping,fishing,hunting etc?

I drive very little and rarely, if ever, haul anything. Since last December, I've only put 3,300 miles on the Tundra and it has only 50,600 original miles---bought it from a Toyota dealer in 2007 with 16,000 on it and I've documented all the service/maintenance performed on it. I just think it's a good time to try and sell it.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you are doing the right things, as you are able to.
    If you were closer I might have interest in the Tundra,....you won't have a problem selling it.

Good grief man,....your wife is only a year older than me![:0][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner