In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Puppy Update

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
My puppy was still throwing up so i took her to the vet and got some x-rays and they found out that she was born deformed on the inside.

Something about her throat and the path going into her stomach was messed up. The vets told me that there was nothing they could do to fix the problem. They could make her live longer but it would not be a good quality of life. Both vets told me if it was there dog they would put her asleep.

So i had them put her asleep this mourning.

Comments

• dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we brought the 4 puppies the momma dog left behind inside the house. We bottle feed them. They seem to be doing ok. They drink milk so they should be ok.
    edited November -1
    She has had all her shots so far and has been wormed. She is 7 weeks old now. She has not used the bathroom in the house today. She also has been eating Purina Puppy Chow for a couple weeks. She still whines sometimes for no reason and i will just reach down and pet her and she shuts right up. She will not go 5 feet from me. Every time i turn around i almost step on her. If i get up to get a drink or go to the bathroom she goes with me.

I will give it to her she stands pretty though. She is a little more work than i thought. One good thing is she is making me move around when i dont want to or dont feel like it. Thanks for the help.

David
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She justs wants to feel safe. Dogs, particularly puppies have seperation anxity when displaced to a new environment. She has fixated on you because you pay the most atention to her needs. This will deminish over time, but she will always be loyal to you. Make her feel at home as much as possible.

Sonny at 13 weeks......check out the ears on this little guy.

[img][/img]DSC_1669Edit.jpg
    [^][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
    edited November -1
    My pups ears are not standing yet. She is under my chair now. She will not leave me though.

Thats a very pretty dog. My dog has a little more black than yours i think. The people that gave her to me gave her the first shots and wormed her for me. I named my dog Sasha. I am thinking Lady Sasha Stallings for her papers and just call her Sasha.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "go to the bathroom she goes with me."

Nothing wakes you up quicker than standing at the comode, doing your business, and having a dogs head pop up between your legs!!!! [:D][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gesshots
    "go to the bathroom she goes with me."

Nothing wakes you up quicker than standing at the comode, doing your business, and having a dogs head pop up between your legs!!!! [:D][:D]

Cat does that to me, lucky I have not gave her a shower.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of pups,....my mothers has come home for 4 nights again.
    She picked him up Friday afternoon, and he's going back Tuesday morning before her cardiac rehab appt.

When the heck do they get their adult teeth in?
    These barracuda teeth are taking a toll on my hands, regardless of them being rough.

I was playing with him early this AM and he jumped for a toy I was holding. He missed, but found the nice thin skin on the bottom of my forearm![:D]

First time he has brought blood from me.
    He was born June 12 BTW.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    I cant believe she will not leave from beside me. She stays beside me no matter where i go. I have tripped on her a lot. She has funny big feet. I think she is going to be huge.
  • AzhunterAzhunter Member Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think their adult teeth start coming in between 4 to 5 months.
  • UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She will be the most Loyal Friend you ever had. GSDs are the best[:D]
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    I cant believe she will not leave from beside me. She stays beside me no matter where i go. I have tripped on her a lot. She has funny big feet. I think she is going to be huge.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get her a bell to avoid stepping on her.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    Get her a bell to avoid stepping on her.

+1
    I had to bell my first IWH. It's almost scary when a 40# pup moves quiet as a cat.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I miss having a dog.