In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

People Dont Understand

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
My cousin was 47 the same age as me and hekilled himself because he was in a lot of pain for the past 12 years because of his back. He had 2 surgeries that did not help much he said. I had several people tell me they did not understand how he could do that.

I told them that i have prayed to God a few times for him to let me go so i could stop hurting. I told them until you have been through it you have no idea what you would do. I take Morphine 2 times a day and 6 oxycodones a day and some times i hurt so bad tears come out of my eyes. I think of ending things then i feel good for a week and hope i have gotten better only to hurt again.

I dont believe in hurting yourself but i can understand why some one might say they have had enough.

Comments

• dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have never served in the military its hard for some people to understand how they feel for the country.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My kid brother went through 2.5 years of pain.
    I watched him die and cried for myself and my mother.
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave, people always have a hard time accepting when a loved one takes their own life.

I have always wondered why we call ourselves compassionate for taking our pets in when there is no hope for them to lead a full and pain free life. But we scream bloody murder when a person would like a physician to give them a cocktail that will let them slip from this mortal plane and leave the physical pain behind when they know there is no cure or hope.
  • aw3olaw3ol Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people just don't understand, and I can go on and on, but how's it revelant... one of my uncles grand kids died recently which makes me look bad to tell the truth it was the wrong one, going back to running with scissors or jumping on the bed there's only one and its not me? But, I take the heat, because its my mother that to blame!

[V]

How would I explain anything, some people just understand? And, again it isn't anything other than a bill! And venture to say Coke Machines won't work because its a sponge off of somebody else story... hanging wallpaper to buy them on location, not happening. Using your imagination only winds you up in the poor house! BAD

[|)]
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aw3ol
    Some people just don't understand, and I can go on and on, but how's it revelant... one of my uncles grand kids died recently which makes me look bad to tell the truth it was the wrong one, going back to running with scissors or jumping on the bed there's only one and its not me? But, I take the heat, because its my mother that to blame!

[V]

How would I explain anything, some people just understand? And, again it isn't anything other than a bill! And venture to say Coke Machines won't work because its a sponge off of somebody else story... hanging wallpaper to buy them on location, not happening. Using your imagination only winds you up in the poor house! BAD

[|)]

^^^Huh?? [?]
  • MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
    edited November -1
    The people around you need you, when somebody does that to themselves the people left behind are the ones who suffer. Wondering if they couldn't have done something to stop it, they live with the guilt.

The only real legacy anybody leaves behind is a few genes if you are lucky enough to have kids and the memories of those left behind.

I've been there a few times, not for as long as you have, but in all likelihood just as much pain. My solution was to be stoic, suck it up and soldier on. And I also had the thought in the back of my mind, I want to live long enough to pee on the graves of those that have wronged me.[:D]
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

[V]

[|)]

Dude, get back on your meds.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot

[V]

[|)]

Dude, get back on your meds.

Or, get off them [:D].
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    Reality's far too hard for many to understand, Dave.

His behavior makes sense to me.

I'm sorry for your loss, and your suffering, as well. [:)]
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1

[V]

[|)]

words...
  • MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oso2142
    Reality's far too hard for many to understand, Dave.

His behavior makes sense to me.

I'm sorry for your loss, and your suffering, as well. [:)]

I believe we are all put here for a reason.

I was standing on a street corner waiting for the light to change. High speed street, two lanes both directions, no parking, main road into the city from the interstate. Three hundred pound black chick standing in front of me with a dozen kids hovering around her. One youngster maybe, 12 years old, a young boy, stumbles off the curb and takes a crab step or two into the traffic lane. I hear a Mercedes powering out from the red light, I grab the kid by the collar and yank him back up onto the sidewalk, just as the Mercedes comes by doing around 40 MPH.

The three hundred pound black chick turns around and yells, what you doing putting your hands on my boy, you honky mofo. I'm going to call the PO lice and have your honky * arrested.

I also believe God has a sense of hunmor, don't loose your sense of humor.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson

[V]

[|)]

words...

An interesting amalgamation of them for sure.
  • aw3olaw3ol Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They've cut my downline to a point of non existance, people don't understand? Reds on the wrong side of the street is some game that there play'n, i've worked for 7/ll and Rainbird finding a bill to go back to your last job is at VONS... and on and on it goes

[?]
    edited November -1
    They've cut my downline to a point of non existance, people don't understand? Reds on the wrong side of the street is some game that there play'n, i've worked for 7/ll and Rainbird finding a bill to go back to your last job is at VONS... and on and on it goes

[?]

Are you a native English speaker?

No offense, I'm just curious.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe we all have the right to make a final decision if we are of sound mind and are making a calm rational decision. That being said, exercising that right needs to be done responsibly. That means ensuring that what you do is not a surprise to your family that will cause guilt or blame. You have to communicate ahead of time your reasons and reassure everyone that this is a personal decision and THEY are not responsible.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got quite a bit of pain from 3 surgeries this past year plus pain from a broken back in a car accident in the past. That along with arthritis and gout plus both knees crunch like broken glass when I walk from old football and motorcycle injuries and the old elbows are not much better. When the thought of killing myself pops up I just think to myself well, I can do that anytime but this living thing is a one time only deal so I guess I'll just hang in there for a while longer 'cause there's no need to rush it the end will come soon enough. Through it all I still manage to go to work 3 days a week. I might as well be doing something 'cause it's going to hurt no matter where I'm at. As far as pain medicine goes I don't take it any more other than aspirin. I hate the feeling of being hung over 24 hours a day when I take the prescription medication. And the more you take of that crap the more you need of it until it's finally not doing anything but making a zombie out of you and you still hurt.

A lot of people have back pain they bring on themselves that's caused by being over weight and I used to be one of them. I suffered a lot more back pain when I was a lard * than I do now. I said to myself one day this is stupid I'm digging my grave with my spoon and fork and there's no excuse for it. People going to the doctor complaining about back pain and all the time they know what the problem is but don't want to admit it. And the doctor knows to but he will just keep on writing those pain prescriptions 'cause if it weren't for fat people the family doctor would be out of business and so would the drug industry which is the main reason Phin Phin (Fenfluramine/phentermine) died a sudden death. That drug threatened to put them all out of business so they had to demonize it and say it was causing heart problems when in fact it was saving a lot more lives than it was causing any problems.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    I believe we all have the right to make a final decision if we are of sound mind and are making a calm rational decision. That being said, exercising that right needs to be done responsibly. That means ensuring that what you do is not a surprise to your family that will cause guilt or blame. You have to communicate ahead of time your reasons and reassure everyone that this is a personal decision and THEY are not responsible.

Really? Would you call the FBI before you robbed a bank? [:D]

I guess this is why folks leave notes, right? [;)]

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's a decision I support, necessarily, but, a decision I understand. It would be nice to have a different solution, and a different outcome, but, resolution isn't always a pretty thing.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Are you a native English speaker?I'm betting yes.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Communicating with those you will leave behind is important. Yes, if you do it ahead of time, they may very well attempt to stop you. Good lord, I strongly HOPE they do try to convince you not to. If they are successful, great. It means you had not taken all factors into account when you made your previous decision. But, it is still your very personal decision. If they are unsuccessful, you must make sure you communicate as well as you can, probably in a letter you leave behind, that your decision was not due to anything they said or did. It's bad enough they will have to suffer your loss. You don't want to heap on top of that any measure of guilt. Here's hoping everyone finds another solution. I support suicide only on the principle of it being the ultimate exercise of individual rights and freedom to manage your own life. I definitely think MOST (not all) people can find a better alternative for their situation than suicide. [:)]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    AW3OL Is
    in trouble has Anyone Checked his Auctions
    I beleive His Transformer voltage is Shunting To Ground..
    Anyone Close Where They Can Check him Out?????
    SERIOUSLY
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he's already fried his motherboard.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    Are you a native English speaker?I'm betting yes.

Well, if you're right, I'm betting that he's in trouble, and somebody should go check on him.

I live too far...
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too much OLD STUMP BLOWER?
  • dfassbendersrdfassbendersr Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to order his to bit hustler just to see what arrives