In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

So I get this itch to buy a plinker (Walther P22)

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
5", Now its been a while since I have bought a hand gun here in CA.
Old rules- DL, 4473, thumb print, hunter safety card.

NOW- DL, Car registration-->(proof of residency), thumbprint on the 4473, $25 fee for hand gun safety test--> (missed 1 out of 30),.[:(!]

3cbe6c440375102feeb8f8f64f2c4d33.jpg

and a Viridian Green Laser for it.

Comments

• 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have the same set-up, but in black. I bought it for my wife and 11 year old son to plink with. I have had no issues with several thousand rounds cycled. However, some have reported failures with some of the zink-cast parts.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had short barreled one with laser nd woked fine but ir rer sight ever loosens up don't know how to relly fix other than super glue ?..ws told it was staked at factory..got a bersa sport 6" that is reliable and may pick up the short barreled one
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $25 bucks 'cause you missed one question... !?!

That would indicate you'd owe'em upwards of $750 if you'd missed 'em ALL.
    Good thing you studied!!! [:D]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    $25 bucks 'cause you missed one question... !?!

That would indicate you'd owe'em upwards of $750 if you'd missed 'em ALL.
    Good thing you studied!!! [:D]

Its Just CA revenue. The CA handgun test is good for 5 years. Basically if you show the card, you passed the handgun safety test. The question I missed was the legal age to buy a hand gun. I said 18 but the answer was 21.

I asked the person giving the test (And he knew where I was going[:D]) Let me get this right, you have to be 21 in CA to buy a handgun, but yet you could be in the military at 19-20 flying a drone armed with missiles?[:D] YEP! he replied

The cool part, I was wearing my GB.com sweat shirt and got some fees waived out of the blue.[^]
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All that, just to buy a handgun? Wow![:0][B)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I had to go through all that I would have another Hamden High Standard.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    All that, just to buy a handgun? Wow![:0][B)]

Next- DNA[V][}:)]
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by FrancF
    5", Now its been a while since I have bought a hand gun here in CA.
    Old rules- DL, 4473, thumb print, hunter safety card.

NOW- DL, Car registration-->(proof of residency), thumbprint on the 4473, $25 fee for hand gun safety test--> (missed 1 out of 30),.[:(!]

And I thought IL was bad. Dang[:0]
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought about getting one of those a while back with a functioning comp. But didn't 'cos the Hi-Standard I do have I don't use very much.
  • FW357FW357 Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In some states one can buy a handgun at the age of 18 legally from a private party, however Federal Law states 21 if purchased from an FFL dealer.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    You Have to Retake test when you buy a new pistol??
    I Love NY
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    You Have to Retake test when you buy a new pistol??
    I Love NY

No-The card is good for 5 years or until they can come up with dumber questions.[:D]
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You forgot the $19 DROS fee.. You can get the Handgun Safety Certificate waived if you have a CCW..
  • barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
    That's a cool gun , just don't try to run high velocity ammo. Mine likes mini mags the best.
  • WMClarkWMClark Member Posts: 821
    edited November -1
    Their a fun little pistol. The front sight likes to fall off. S&W/Walther has always shipped a new one out within a week. I have spares now.

I have two. The last one I picked up I had a heck of a time to get the DROS done in California. It kept * up as being "assault weapon" under the serial number. In California they shipped some the first pistols with flats on the barrel bushing. S&W recalled these to replace the bushings without flats, and this one showed it had never been done.

Eight calls to the CA DOJ and a letter from S&W/Walther to get this taken care of. What a joke. Added nine days to the process.

I hate the Peoples Republic of California.