In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reasonable price? 2003 Silverado...

Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
I have a 2003 Chevy silverado, 4WD ext cab 5.3 auto with 79,000 I'm trying to sell it and am asking $ 9500 . The body has two small dents(no bare metal) so I would rate it average. That sounds like a reasonable price to me - what do you think?

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old hickory
    what do you think?

I think I will have another beer. Don
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1[:D]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    10,000 FIRM[;)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Kelly Blue Book says private party value is almost 11K.

Fair enough price IMO.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    reasonable price..it ought to sell quick
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Kelly Blue Book says private party value is almost 11K.

Fair enough price IMO.

Have you ever tried to sell anything to KBB? [;)]

Your price doesn't sound bad, IMO. But, I have no idea where you live, how your local economy is doing, if you're going to sell it on eBay, or whatever. But, that sounds like a nice truck. How's the undercarriage? Is the truck rust-free? Dents are one thing, but rust, well...
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Have you ever tried to sell anything to KBB?

Have you ever seen a car salesman offer you a magical number, much higher than retail, for your used vehicle?

Nope you haven't.

Blue book prices are a guide. I have bought and sold alot of stuff, using blue book prices.

Unless you find an absolute fool, you are not going to buy/sell vehicles for too much deviance from BB pricing.
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    quote:Have you ever tried to sell anything to KBB?

Have you ever seen a car salesman offer you a magical number, much higher than retail, for your used vehicle?

Nope you haven't.

Blue book prices are a guide. I have bought and sold alot of stuff, using blue book prices.

Unless you find an absolute fool, you are not going to buy/sell vehicles for too much deviance from BB pricing.

And I always thought that... that thing... that thing... that looks like a shadow... was a shadow. Now to find out, it was YOU! YOU have been following me around, all my life, haven't you? Well, what else have I seen, or done?
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    sounds close buddy of mine bought a 03 4x4 for $5600 a few months ago ,

just depends on how many are out there at the time you list it, and if anyone has any money this time of year

quote:Have you ever seen a car salesman offer you a magical number, much higher than retail, for your used vehicle?

Nope you haven't.

actually when i bought my 02, i had a ford exploder to trade in, found 2 2002 Chevy trucks on 2 different lots both had about same miles both in about same condition and asking price was close very close,
    only difference was the one i picked had leather and a snug top cover,
    the other didn't, lot A offered me $1800 for the exploder not a dime higher, lot B offered me $2800, so if there was ever a deal to be made buying a car/truck that was the only one i ever got.
    it always looks good on paper at the time but after it sinks in they screwed you somehow,

but on this deal $1000 more was true money, probable didn't have as much in the one i bought is why they offered that much for the exploder,[:)]
  • Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I'm in rural NW Illinois but my town has alot of State and County jobs which has kept things mostly stable. If I were looking for a used truck I,d think mine was a bargain. When i've sold vehicles privately in the past they all had super high miles and were on the last year or so of life. This one is the only good one I've ever tried selling. Anyway thanks for writing!! Hickory
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Sold my '02 Silverado Crew 4x4 a year and a half ago. Rust free, dent free, a few scratches, 6.0 (gutless POS motor). 72,000 miles, and after all the trouble it had given me I finally got everything fixed before selling, as I wouldn't sell something that wasn't "right". And salt is not an issue in CO. So, the price? $9500. Took about 2 months for it to sell advertising it on c-list. A fella from Denver bought it (2 hours away).

As FCD said, buyers market.[V]