In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

a check from insurance...

callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
My wife & I were going through a BUNCH of old paperwork, years ago taxes, and other misc. stuff this weekend, sorting it out and shredding what we no longer needed. We found an unopened letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield from 2007, and would you believe it, it had a check payable ot me for $1,000!! It was legit and payment of benefits for a procedure my son had.

The check said void 1 year after issue, but I'm goin to call them tomorrow and find out if they'll still honor it. Instead of getting that money, we ended up paying out of pocket. I know they put it in a plain envelope in the hopes we wouldn't open & find the check. Shame on us...[xx(]

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deposit the check anyway. The issurer will reissue the check when informed.

They may have deposited the money in the "unclaimed money" fund of your State's Treasury department.
  • callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    Deposit the check anyway. The issurer will reissue the check when informed.

They may have deposited the money in the "unclaimed money" fund of your State's Treasury department.

That's what I was oging to try. But the tellers at the bank are supposed to look for what's written on the check, like "Void after XXXX date" or whatever.