In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thoughts

bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the h--- are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? ) but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

Comments

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    1- Since only 10 million people have ObamaCare, how will 24 million people die if it is repealed? Will 14 million people be randomly shot?

2- If Donald Trump deleted all of his emails, wiped his server with bleach and destroyed all of his phones with a hammer, would the mainstream media suddenly lose all interest in the story and declare him innocent?

3- If women do the same job for less money, why do companies hire men to do the same job for more money?

4- If you rob a bank in a sanctuary city, is it illegal or is it just an undocumented withdrawal?

5- Each ISIS attack now is a reaction to Trump policies, but all ISIS attacks during Obama's term were due to climate change and a plea for jobs.

6- After the London 'Lone Wolf' terrorist attack government officials have arrested at least eight other 'Lone Wolves' who had conspired with the original 'Lone Wolf' in planning the 'Lone Wolf' attack. Even though all involved are Muslims, you can be assured the 'Lone Wolf attack has nothing at all to do with Islam, just like the other 1000 plus 'Lone Wolf' attacks by Muslims are completely unassociated with Islam.

7- We should stop calling handouts "entitlements". Welfare and food stamps are not entitlements. They are taxpayer-funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements. Social Security and Veterans Benefits are entitlements because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

8- If Muslims want to run away from a Muslim country, does that mean they're Islamophobic?

9- If liberals don't believe in biological gender, then why did they march for women's rights?

10- How did the Russians get Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC to steal the Primary from Bernie Sanders? How did Russia get Donna Brazile to leak debate questions to Hillary Clinton in advance of the debates?

11- Why is it that Democrats think Superdelegates are fine, but they have a problem with the Electoral College?

12- If you don't want the FBI involved in elections, don't nominate someone who's being investigated by the FBI.

13- If Hillary's speeches cost $250,000 an hour, how come no one shows up to her free ones?

14- The DNC is mad at Russia because they "think" they are trying to manipulate our election by exposing that the DNC is manipulating our election. Huh?

15- Why is it that liberals and the media are upset about the words Trump used 11 years ago but they are alright with adult men using the ladies room with your wives and daughters?
    edited November -1
    Would like to hear the other side but why does anybody have to get involved. Sounds like he should be free.

quote:
    The NAACP and activists fight for the release of a black Georgia man who shot a man who was on his lawn.

(The Root) -- Members of the NAACP -- including its president and CEO, Benjamin Todd Jealous -- along with local politicians and other activists, addressed a small crowd of journalists in Atlanta on Monday in an effort to bring attention to the case of a black Georgia man serving a life sentence for killing a white man who was trespassing on his property.

Despite Kennesaw, Ga., police detectives declaring in 2005 that John McNeil, 46, acted in self-defense, Cobb County District Attorney Pat Head decided a year later to try the case. McNeil was sentenced in November 2006.

"If this can happen to John McNeil, then it can happen to [Georgia NAACP President] Ed DuBose, it can happen to William Barber, it can happen to Ben Jealous. It can happen to any black man standing out here or standing anywhere in America, no matter how much good you've done or how right you are," the Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP, told the crowd in front of the Georgia State Capitol. Barber, a longtime friend of McNeil's, along with Jealous and other NAACP members, went to see him in prison before the press conference.

The "it" relates to events that took place Dec. 6, 2005, when McNeil arrived home after his teenage son called him about an unfamiliar man lurking about their property. According to testimony, the man, Brian Epp, a hired contractor with whom McNeil had past difficulties, had already pulled a knife on the teenager.

Epp refused to leave, and McNeil, who had called 911, fired a warning shot into the ground. Epp then charged toward McNeil while reaching into his pocket. McNeil fatally shot him in the head at close range. Court documents state that a pocketknife was clipped inside Epp's pants pocket. McNeil's neighbors who witnessed the incident backed his story.

Kennesaw police detectives investigated the case, decided that McNeil had acted in self-defense and didn't charge him. McNeil's self-defense claim is supported by Georgia's "castle doctrine" law, which allows an individual to use deadly force to protect his or her home, or anyone inside it, from a violent trespasser.

McNeil and his family thought the worst was over, until Pat Head decided nearly a year later to pursue prosecution. Although the Kennesaw Police Department refused to arrest McNeil, the Cobb County Sheriff's Office did, under Head's advisement, according to NAACP members.

During the trial, McNeil's neighbors, the two senior detectives investigating the case and a couple who said that they felt threatened by Epp when they hired him to do work all testified in McNeil's defense. All of those individuals are white.

Despite their testimony, McNeil was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment. An appeal motion was filed, and in 2008, six of the seven justices of the Georgia Supreme Court upheld the conviction. The sole dissenting voice was then-Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears, who found the case problematic.

The irony is that Kennesaw -- a predominantly white, conservative suburb 26 miles northwest of Atlanta where McNeil and his family lived -- has a 30-year-old mandatory law requiring heads of households to own at least one firearm.

"As long as John McNeil is behind bars, it is not safe for a black person to defend their family and their home in the state of Georgia," Jealous told The Root.

Race has been mentioned as a factor in this case, but Jealous points out that throughout the case, there were white law-enforcement officials who sided with McNeil.

"Yes, this is about a white DA who did the wrong thing. But he overrode two white detectives who did the right thing," Jealous says. The speakers, who expressed their condolences for Epp's death, also compared McNeil's treatment to something that would have happened in the Jim Crow South.

The McNeil case may immediately remind people of Florida's 2005 "Stand your ground" self-defense law that allowed George Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic, to avoid arrest for more than a month after shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last February.

But Jealous, sharing that the NAACP has "grave concerns about 'Stand your ground,' " was quick to draw the line between the castle doctrine and "Stand your ground" laws.

" 'Stand your ground' laws are so broad that they allow people to racially profile with deadly force anywhere. The basic difference is that [the castle-doctrine law] allows you to protect your home. allows you to appoint yourself vigilante-in-chief. And that's what Zimmerman did," Jealous explained, saying that the NAACP is fine with self-defense.

He continued, adding that "self-defense would apply here, too. [It] is a lighter standard than either one of those [and] says if someone threatens you with lethal force and you try to get away and you can't get away, you can use lethal force to defend yourself.

"And what you heard them describe today is classic self-defense," Jealous said.

The first priority on the NAACP's list is to reunite McNeil with his wife, Anita, who has cancer. The illness, deemed terminal, has prevented her from seeing her husband for the last two years.

"It is very possible that John McNeil's wife could die while he's still trying to clear his name. She will now be flying down here with her mayor, who has arranged special transportation so that she could see her husband for what may be one last time," Jealous says. Anita McNeil lives in Wilson, N.C. McNeil's mother died less than a month ago.

Throughout the address, speakers portrayed McNeil as a family man and pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps businessman who did everything right: He didn't have a criminal record, he volunteered in the community, he graduated from college and he took care of his family.

Jealous remains hopeful, believing that before this is over, they will have the support of prominent conservatives -- including the National Rifle Association, or NRA, which the NAACP has reached out to, along with other gun-rights organizations -- and that Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal will grant McNeil clemency.

"The heartbreaking thing is, here we are in the 21st century on the eve of the 150th-anniversary celebration of the Emancipation Proclamation," Jealous says, "and we still find ourselves defending black men [and] black people's most basic rights to protect their own lives."
    edited November -1
    TWELVE THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

1. Life is sexually transmitted.

2. Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

3. Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without
    an erection make him a sandwich!
    4. Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a
    person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

5. Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything,
    but, you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble
    down the stairs.

6. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in
    hospitals dying of nothing.

7. Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

8. All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no
    attention to criticism.

9. Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars
    and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?

10. In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now
    the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
    11. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I
    have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance
    to the first.
    12....AND THE # 1 THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
    You read about all these terrorists. Most of them came here
    legally, but they hung around on these expired visas, some for
    as long as 10-15 years. Now, compare that to Blockbuster; you
    are two days late with a video and those people are all over
    you. I think we should put Blockbuster in charge of
    immigration.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if government furloughs (unnecessary) employees ...why do they let em come back to work ???
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why did the Russians obviously feed sour patch candy to all the Democrats before the SOTUA
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instead of building a wall, how about when the illegals are captured..give them a one way ticket to N. Korea.