In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sellers not responding to emails

TrapdoorbobTrapdoorbob Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Hi, I am just wondering about the email contact system in the ads. I have been looking for a Contender the last couple of weeks. Of those posted, only about 25% of the sellers responded to questions I tried to ask. One I was particularly interested in did not respond to 3 attempts to email her. Anyone know why? What's the deal?

BTW, I bought one yesterday. The one that did not answer any of the three emails was re-listed today. There was no other contact info on the ad that I could find. No contact info popped up when I clicked on the seller's name.

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Some people just don't want to sell that bad. Some people put so much up for auction that it becomes overwhelming for them.

That and IBTL. Hated to, but ya know.[;)][:D]
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Why is easy. They dont really want to sell it to an interested buyer....... It is that simple.

IBTL too
  • TrapdoorbobTrapdoorbob Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi matwor & fellow IBEW Bro :-))

I think Ben Franklin said that long before Burke thought of it:-)
    edited November -1
    Author Topic
    Trapdoorbob
    Starting Member

USA
    10 Posts
    Posted - 12/01/2010 : 01:54:56 AM

Hi, I am just wondering about the email contact system in the ads. I have been looking for a Contender the last couple of weeks. Of those posted, only about 25% of the sellers responded to questions I tried to ask. One I was particularly interested in did not respond to 3 attempts to email her. Anyone know why? What's the deal?

BTW, I bought one yesterday. The one that did not answer any of the three emails was re-listed today. There was no other contact info on the ad that I could find. No contact info popped up when I clicked on the seller's name.

Edited by - Trapdoorbob on 12/01/2010 01:56:28 AM

matwor
    Advanced Member

9588 Posts
    Posted - 12/01/2010 : 01:58:41 AM

Some people just don't want to sell that bad. Some people put so much up for auction that it becomes overwhelming for them.

That and IBTL. Hated to, but ya know.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
    minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds
    forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

quote:
    Originally posted by nunn
    Fess up, ya RancheroPaul-smelling SOB!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Thomas Jefferson

quote:
    Originally posted by cartod
    I myself have seen these mossberg carrying hunters in the northern partridge fields and its all I can do not to have my hispanic bird boys go over and kick there *.

Nwcid, The whole site amazes me. Why post so many with reserves so high they never sell and not reply to interested buyer?? That Contender seemed to have both, but I don't really know how high the reserve is. The bidders didn't find out. If it is reasonable, it would be sold right now to me :-)) If they have so many auctions they are overwhelmed, why bother to post so many?? An unmanageable business isn't a business at all, it is little more than a disaster looking for the time and place to happen ;-((
  • coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    Let me slide right in here before the lock arrives. Ding dong, sounds like it's hear. Wait, it's for you. [:D]
    edited November -1
    I am a bit curious if there is a problem with the mail system or if there is a way to find other contact info in an auction other than email if it isn't in the description? I couldn't find any.
  • drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes an email goes into the spam folder and some people don't check their spam folder.IBTL
    edited November -1
    I would think a seller with very many auctins would have GB as a trusted sender... but ... maybe not??
  • 45forme45forme Member Posts: 948 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That hasn't been my experience. I have only had a couple not respond to emails. It does suck because sometimes I really wanted the piece and the price was reasonable, and I wanted to buy it. If they wont respond to the first email when I am trying to give them my money, what would make me think it will be better when they have it?

A seller not responding is like showing up drunk to a job interview. If that is how they want to make make the first impression... Pass.
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45forme
    That hasn't been my experience. I have only had a couple not respond to emails. It does suck because sometimes I really wanted the piece and the price was reasonable, and I wanted to buy it. If they wont respond to the first email when I am trying to give them my money, what would make me think it will be better when they have it?

A seller not responding is like showing up drunk to a job interview. If that is how they want to make make the first impression... Pass.

+1
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was talking to an aquaintence of mine while my son was at his Karate lesson. Her husband has a pawn/gun shop. Both of them have their FFL's. Told her I was getting around to doing my first sale on GB. She said that they had tried GB but that the bidders nearly drove her husband crazy with all the questions that were E-mailed to him. Her husband hits me as a man with little patience.
    Two thoughts. Wonder if the pictures were clear and numerous? How was the written description? Seems as if doing the original listing properly might really cut down on this problem.
  • arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just went through the no response but it was after I bought the pistol. Finslly called after a few days, he said he hadn't looked at his emails. Now if you sell something wouldn't you be looking? Sent the money and asked him to email me when he sent the pistol. After over two weeks I emailed him twice and he didn't know if he had sent it or not. Said he would look and get right back to me, after three days with no answer I called the dealer that was doing the transfer, again. It was there, never heard back from the seller. This is my second purchase, not going to be easy to not give him a poor feedback.