In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Life Really Does Find a Way

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
After Pangea broke apart, that would be about the only way for evolution to mimic itself around the world and also why Australia's fauna is so unlike the rest of the planet.

http://www.dw.com/en/tsunami-carried-japanese-animals-to-us/a-40732244

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't really go for all of this evolution stuff. I was told that the reason Australia is so different is because when God was making the world, he did Australia last.

Having a sense of humor, He did it all backwards and upside down![:)]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    In the Bible I believe if I am right God did more than one time restarted Like Noah. Think the other was fire.

What I believe was God Just Experimented till he came up with how it is now with slight changes(evolution).
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    I don't really go for all of this evolution stuff. I was told that the reason Australia is so different is because when God was making the world, he did Australia last.

Having a sense of humor, He did it all backwards and upside down![:)]

The poor platypus. God put him together with all the left over parts.
    [;)]
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still wondering where white people came from. Also "gingers". Are they like the platypus [:D].
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    You never heard the story about the mallard duck and the sea lion?
    It was a LOVE story to end all love stories![:D]
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See what happens when you let illegal aliens into the United States, now it sounds like our eco system is going to go awry.[:D]
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL they just had "monkey trial" movie on TCM.
    Evolution upset the holy roller crowd big time.
    I'll walk around that mine field[:D]
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO DON"T - Can't help myself. DON"T do it. But but but.....
    GbSs1zyt.jpg
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for those who scoff at this, these new species to the US are all "invasive species" and can have disastrous consequences to the native populations of similar species already here. sometimes invasive species don't wreck havoc- like the ring neck pheasant, most times they do..this mess can be an ecological nightmare.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    for those who scoff at this, these new species to the US are all "invasive species" and can have disastrous consequences to the native populations of similar species already here. sometimes invasive species don't wreck havoc- like the ring neck pheasant, most times they do..this mess can be an ecological nightmare.

That's right!
    Our native meskins' ecological makeup might get smeared!