In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trey Gowdy not seeking re-election.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oINSPgT7shw [V][V][V] dude...

What did hillary threaten him with? I guess Benghazi never happened.

Comments

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah that sucks, he said he's tired of politics, wants to go back into the court room. Maybe Trump will make him a US Attorney.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to see him keep a hand in it somehow. He seems to be a patriotic, Constitution loving guy.

I think him being around may keep other people a bit more on the up and up.
  • use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought he should have been the AG from the start. He's wasting his talent where he's at.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...more to the story....I'm sure the Dems have something on him...
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trey is my congressman. He was a fire breathing dragon when he was first elected, making his constituents proud!!

Then something happened. Trey really not only tamed down but took a few political positions that had all his voters scratching our collective heads. We were all wondering if he had been bought off or if someone had some dirt on him, or was he or his family threatened???

I'm guessing something in the above paragraph is a true statement but the Trey Gowdy We know in South Carolina is a real man with real principles. I think this is Trey telling someone to stick it so far up his * that it tickles this person's tonsils. If that is the case WAY TO GO TREY!!!!
  • mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the only persons in Washington I have respect for. I was hoping Trump was going to offer him the AG position.

Something just not right about him leaving, although I could understand not wanting to fight and struggle each day, all to see your efforts buried in the corruption that is Washington.

For whatever his reason the American people are worse off without him in Washington. Sorry , and saddened to see him go.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    I would like to see him keep a hand in it somehow.
    Oh he will be. He wants to go back to the judicial system. That's politics too.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...more to the story....I'm sure the Dems have something on him...
    Very doubtful on that [:)], anybody that's kept track of Gowdy during his career knows he's well know to hate Washington, D.C and what goes on there, he's stated several times in the past he has wanted to go back home (S.C) for a long time.....can't say that I blame him [;)]. It's definetly Americas lose [:(]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Federal Judge Gowdy ??
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    I would like to see him keep a hand in it somehow.
    Oh he will be. He wants to go back to the judicial system. That's politics too.

I'd be okay with that too.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad he is a good guy.
    RLTW

• casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    Federal Judge Gowdy ??

+1000
    May have just gave up on the obstruction and stonewalling from the agencies congress has oversight on and the lack of will for congress to act on the obstruction. I think it would be a breath of fresh air for a Judge to enforce a court order by sending in U.S. Marshals.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe the next ambulance chasing lawyer on TV?
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is all scripted. One move per day. He will be the next special prosecutor
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    This is all scripted. One move per day. He will be the next special prosecutor

Certainly possible but being "biased" will be a problem. There other places Gowdy would be the best choice.

You are right everything that's been discussed, revealed, talked about certainly does look "scripted" on the republican side.

The democrats look like fools who are damaging the U.S.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks to be some very high openings coming soon at the DOJ and FBI, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the plan is already laid, Gowdy would be a shoo-in....I'd be very happy with that [:)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by use enough gun
    I thought he should have been the AG from the start. He's wasting his talent where he's at.

Perhaps Session will depart, or the FBI Director job will come open again.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see him going back to the federal government. As a criminal defense attorney, he will earn millions....and get to go home every night.

Whatever he does, I wish him well.

Neal
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Have seen him on several interviews on Fox News and Fox Business news every time at the close of a interview conducted by a female he always uses the Yes Maam when signing off

Don't know how much Maam is still used in the South hopefully it still is common among native Southerners

I picked up the use of Maam many years ago from old time Southerners use it everyday, interesting responses from females from time to time. Snowflakes are usually the ones who object--I'm not that old etc others smile and accept it as it is, a compliment/respect until they show otherwise. I have never heard anyone consistently using Maam this far North--Lake Erie area
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes, m?am and no m?am even to the little girl behind the counter. It?s how I was raised.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Yeah that sucks, he said he's tired of politics, wants to go back into the court room. Maybe Trump will make him a US Attorney.

At least!
    What's next?
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23
    Have seen him on several interviews on Fox News and Fox Business news every time at the close of a interview conducted by a female he always uses the Yes Maam when signing off

Don't know how much Maam is still used in the South hopefully it still is common among native Southerners

I picked up the use of Maam many years ago from old time Southerners use it everyday, interesting responses from females from time to time. Snowflakes are usually the ones who object--I'm not that old etc others smile and accept it as it is, a compliment/respect until they show otherwise. I have never heard anyone consistently using Maam this far North--Lake Erie area

[;)]
    What's next?
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Justice Gowdy?
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Few years ago probably about 10-12 something like 9PM at a local good sized grocery store on the check out line a young girl probably just old enough to work in the evening, probably around 16 to 17 years old

She asked me if I had a discount card, said yes maam I do. She looked at me with an odd look on her face, my thought was ok here it comes and said did you just call me maam, said yes I did.

She, guess you could call, became unglued she said I'm so young and you called me maam cant believe it how nice and kept repeating cant believe it. I couldn't believe how much she appreciated what I said, she was absolutely bubbly. She thanked me as I was leaving

Made my day
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Everybody likes term limits, except for their politician.

Wrong... Everybody likes term limits, except for good politicians

But you got to love your Twisted way of thinking Barzillia