In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jay Leno's Ford GT

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited October 2017 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I like that he has done this several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DI915J7Yo
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need the turbos and tune that thing has in my F150! [8D] Leno really does seem like he's a down to earth guy.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    He has an awesome collection,,[8D][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love his English Bikes....especially his Vincent Black Shadow...[;)]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I need the turbos and tune that thing has in my F150! [8D] Leno really does seem like he's a down to earth guy.

He really is. I got to meet him when we were down there doing some meetings for Roadster Show stuff. We were able to get a tour of his garages and collection.

If you didn't know he was 'Jay Leno' you would just think he was some nice guy with 17 crapload of cars.

The restoration projects he has his guys work on are as much to keep the skills needed alive as it is to get another car for his collection. They hire young kids to work and learn alongside the craftsman.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

My 1965 BMW R50 is in his collection.

After I got divorced and did the eenie meenie miny moe thing, that is what I sold.

His "Buyer," acted like a Noob, and I cut him a deal. When bike was taken to a local (obscure) shop to be checked out. They recognized my bike, (I frequented them.)

They asked, "Do you know who this guy is?"

Doh...............

Nice Guys finish last.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About the best sales job ever, think I'd bought one if I had a half a million I wanted to spend on a car.

YouTube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JayLenosGarage

Finished watching his recent purchase. Kode 57. Never heard of one but it's some kind of supercar. 250,000 views in 5 days. Had the designer to talk about his "creation".
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those old boxers were cool. Twist the throttle and they torque sideways and the clunky transmissions.quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

My 1965 BMW R50 is in his collection.

After I got divorced and did the eenie meenie miny moe thing, that is what I sold.

His "Buyer," acted like a Noob, and I cut him a deal. When bike was taken to a local (obscure) shop to be checked out. They recognized my bike, (I frequented them.)

They asked, "Do you know who this guy is?"

Doh...............

Nice Guys finish last.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Jay ever needed a gig... He could go into sales.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if there's one or top five tv personality I would pick Jay as one
    He does seem down to earth with a knowledge and passion very few could match
    I admire his passion for cars and of course having the funding to support it from old steam cars to one off fantasy cars
    I would love to be able to do similar
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like him - like his videos - he is the friendly guy next door educating you but not talking down to you of full of ego...

Worth watching - I enjoyed it.

Mike
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice car, I was thinking about buying one in 2005. But I just couldn't justify to myself the cash layout for a weekend driver. I wished I had his money I probably would have, and would buy a new one too
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those Ford GTs are incredible machines. I got to ride in one a few years ago. My impression: I was surprised at how little difference there is between 100 MPH and 180 MPH. The phone poles just go by a bit faster. [8D]