In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Armed man stops stabbing spree

MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
WTG! Wonder why we didn't hear about this on the major news channels?

A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcWFOjcxF1A

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    never underestimate a knife as a weapon.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't even have to fire a shot. The citizen showed admirable restraint; certainly more than I would have.
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    Have not heard anything on the news
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

If he is planning on an insanity plea it is pretty clear that he was sane enough to understand that he was going to be shot.
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Knife wielder will sue the gun owner for mental issues resulting from intimidation by threat of death.