In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

well its done. almost

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
well for anyone following the saga the house hunting is done. finally closed on a 1000 sqft house sitting on 7.78 acres in huntington mills pa. place is kinda small but has good possibilities. just got the big move from CT coming up staring monday and ill be all set. gonna be a busy week next week.

hows everyone else doing this chilly saturday night?

Comments

• woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FIL used to say, three moves are as good as a fire. He was 20 yr Air Force
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The house is not very big, but the land sounds sounds great. Do you have kids?
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn Josh, I thought you were gone already.Why the heck are you moving out of gun friendly CT, HAHA
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    Damn Josh, I thought you were gone already.Why the heck are you moving out of gun friendly CT, HAHA

been gone since April 2011. been relying on friends and family for places to stay since the. was paying rent the while time but was still damn good of them. PA doesnt have a assault weapons ban. got some different toys i can get now[:p how have you been?
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    The next time I move it'll be to the big field with the rows of marble stones.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:PA doesnt have a assault weapons ban

Not yet it doesnt, each year a ban is proposed and each year it gets closer to passing. PA is slowly changing and is one of the reasons I left. As more and more people move in from NJ, NY and MD and bring thier liberal democrat votes with them it will continue to get worse.
    PA votes democrat in the presidential election and once even voted the ex Philly mayor as Gov. PA is not the free happy home it used to be, in the next 10 years I predict alot more changes and some affcting gun owners. Remember to PA has handgun registration with the PA State Police, buy one from a dealer and it gets registered. Beutifull state but it is slowly becoming just like the liberal states that border it to the north, south and east.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    so when is the housewarming?
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was hoping I'd be making plans to move but after last night I guess I'm not going anywhere.[V][V]
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats.

Got pictures of your new place?
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats Josh, I live one state over, the communist state of NJ. My parents just moved to PA and my father is enjoying his new gun rights. He got a permit to carry and can buy a hungun right on the spot.Sounds like you got a nice big peice of property.You can always add on to the house, so that is not a factor. You will also enjoy some of the best gun shows on the east coast. JMHO Oak
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    ill see if i can get some pics up whem the unpacking slows down a bit and i have a little more time. with being gone 2 weeks at a clip its gonna take a bit. just spent the last 2 days unpacking 2 storage lockers into trucks and a 5 hr drive and unpacking them today. tomorrow i get to put up a pen for the dogs and then gotta bring my buddy back to ct so he can go back to work. fun fun fun
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats on closing the deal.
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Move to Florida.No gun registration at all.(unless U want to)
    Also F t F transactions are perf. legal as well.