In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Backing up my Iphone...

roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
do you back your phone up? are do you panic at the thought if you lost your phone you would lose some very important contacts??? I will sleep well tonight. Simple to do... just get an Itunes acct... and plug in the usb port of the charging cord... I will rest assured the next time I see a ada accessible place... course if its a different brand then , be aware of what to do.

Please pipe up if you lost your phone you would hope your friends call you... or if you are backed up
Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.

Comments

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also recommend the "Find Iphone app".
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.

+1 works great, never actually used it because of a lost phone, but tried it and it can pin point me on satellite view withing 6 feet of my location, you can send it a message, lock it, or wipe it clean

and about backing it up, do it from a particular computer, authorize it together, if it gets damaged etc. it has to be on the original computer, when i switched to the 4, it was identical as far as programs, contacts, photos, music, it never skipped a beat
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You cn go into Itunes and authorize up to 5 computers, do your backup to iCloud and you can use any of the 5 computers to restore, update ect ect. Also I just learned the hard way, in SETTINGS, PHONE, SIM PIN make sure you know the Sim Pin to your Sim card because I just did the update to 5.1 and the sucker locked my Sim card, played hell getting it unlocked again. Now I got the pin wrote down so that doesnt happen again.
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.

Works great for keeping track of my four teenage daughters.

I also backup all my devices via icloud in addition to my computer.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well color me impressed
    but who panics at the thought of a lost phone
    its ok.
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    quote:Originally posted by roswellnative
    do you back your phone up? are do you panic at the thought if you lost your phone you would lose some very important contacts??? I will sleep well tonight. Simple to do... just get an Itunes acct... and plug in the usb port of the charging cord... I will rest assured the next time I see a ada accessible place... course if its a different brand then , be aware of what to do.

Please pipe up if you lost your phone you would hope your friends call you... or if you are backed up

You sound like a girl having a panic attack.

I would stake my name on at least 25 percent of you have no backup

other than that rolodex. of that 25 percent 74.4 have a flip phone