In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cop Shooter Doesn't Live Long After

andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Shot and wounded cop who pulled him over on a traffic stop, caught on dashcam. He didn't live long when he tried it again a few minutes later with SEVERAL cops. Good riddance to this trash.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/bestoftv/2012/07/30/dnt-dashcam-indiana-man-shoot-cop.wish

Comments

• Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I hope the officer has a full recovery. However, this event might end his career. [:(]

Thankfully, his fellow officers saved the taxpayers untold amounts of $$$$.

Thank you.

NS
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The officer's last name was Fox. Looks like it happened around Indy.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    The officer's last name was Fox. I think it happened in NC and the officer died.Damn... I hope not. [:(]

NS
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    The officer's last name was Fox. I think it happened in NC and the officer died.Damn... I hope not. [:(]

NS

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-fellow-officers-stunned-by-attack-on-fortville-cop-20120730,0,1976230.column
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:While Fortville Police Officer Matthew Fox recovers from his wounds at Methodist Hospital after being ambushed during a traffic stop, his fellow officers are stunned by the images captured by the dashboard mounted camera in Fox's patroller.
  • Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    I'm waiting on our resident cop haters to complain about Officer Fox being impolite to the shooter & stopping him for a low tire.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just glad the police had enough ammo
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The worst part was that now the cop whom killed the suspect, has to live with that the rest of his life. It cannot be easy to take another persons life no matter what the circumstances are. I wouldn't want his job. JMHO
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They don't train to do this, but it would have been perfectly OK for the ofcr to ram his veh into the susp exiting his car. Squash him between your car and his door. That way the susp could not advance on your car shooting.

If you have to kill a guy who has just tried to murder one of your fellow ofcrs, and has fired at you, living with it is not a burden.
  • UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After My career ending incident in December, each time I see these types of things on film I start to have a Panic Attack![:(]
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    The worst part was that now the cop whom killed the suspect, has to live with that the rest of his life.

He did his job, and will be highly respected for the rest of his career.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good wishes too the officer who was shot.

eff the shooter...he's where he belongs.
  • midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sooeyman2035
    I'm waiting on our resident cop haters to complain about Officer Fox being impolite to the shooter & stopping him for a low tire.

Here i am! As requested. However, as much as i dislike the police, i have to say the deceased got what he deserved. My well wishes go out to the wounded officer. I wouldnt wish that on anybody.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    I really like the 9 x 19 cobra
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    The worst part was that now the cop whom killed the suspect, has to live with that the rest of his life.

He did his job, and will be highly respected for the rest of his career.

This type killing leaves no doubt it was us or him. I hope those officers recognize it, accept it and move on as best they can. It doesn't sound like this is one of those gray situations that leaves you wondering the rest of your life if you did the right thing.

heal quickly Ofc Fox. An Officer never knows these days when that encounter is going to happen.
  • instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The worst part was that now the cop whom killed the suspect, has to live with that the rest of his life. It cannot be easy to take another persons life no matter what the circumstances are. I wouldn't want his job. JMHO

It's not that bad