In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fantasy football

edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
(still need 2 more players to sign up by saturday)

kevin rufert has invited you to join a NFL.com Fantasy
Football league! To accept this invitation and join the
league, click this link (or cut and paste the link into your
browser's address field):
http://freemeeting.0.football.nfl.com/splash/invite/5965/477066/b659dae1294f1010b95c16f02e6eace4

Before you join the league, you'll be presented with key
information about the league, including the draft date,
draft type (live or automated), current league members and
league type (private or public). If this is a private
league, you'll be required to enter the following password
before you can join the league. A password will not be
listed in this e-mail if this is a public league:

League Password: 123456789

Keep in mind that each NFL.com Fantasy Football league is
limited to 12 members, so it's possible the league could be
full before you have a chance to join. If that happens, or
if you're interested in a different type of league than the
one you've been invited to join, you can easily scan other
open leagues or even create a new league yourself.

We hope you enjoy NFL.com Fantasy Football. Have a great
season.

The Staff

Comments

• edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    Anyone here play fantasy football. I find it really makes watching football more fun. I just picked up Philip Rivers off waivers
    edited November -1
    Is anyone interested in do a gunbroker fantasy football league. Let me know if you want in and I will send you the log in info. need 9 more teams
    edited November -1
    Anyone interested in doing a GunBroker league? We have done them in the past and it has been fun. I have never set one up but if there is enough interest I will look into doing it.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't fantasy LPGA be more interesting?

Perhaps I misunderstand the fantasy.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Looking for 8 more teams.
  • goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll play, what site are you using ? We had a league on here a few years ago, maybe some of those guys will see this and sign up.

football-excuses.gif
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Oops. I thought this was about the Dallas Cowboys.[:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldslammer
    I'll play, what site are you using ? We had a league on here a few years ago, maybe some of those guys will see this and sign up.

E-mail sent.
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in the original league ..Lost in the final by one point ..What we playing for ? Also anyone need some insider info check my write ups at the thefantasyfix.com..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFI
    I was in the original league ..Lost in the final by one point ..What we playing for ? Also anyone need some insider info check my write ups at the thefantasyfix.com..

E-mail sent. I was thinking of playing just for fun but if you guys want to put up $5 or $10 bucks i'll take your money.
  • reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Wouldn't fantasy LPGA be more interesting?

Perhaps I misunderstand the fantasy.

^5 can't see the fun in fantasy football. Anybody gets a fantasy LPGA league let me know
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I can jump in. My regular league (10 years and counting) has a draft coming up, so I'll try two this year.
    edited November -1
    I say $10 bucks each winner takes all. Last time we paid winner and runner up but of course nobody paid. You guys want to send me your entry fee and I will pay out the winnings when the time comes? Check my feedback here all A+++++. I aint gonna steal your money..
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the He**, I'm in!
    I've always wondered about how the fantasy leagues work.
    edited November -1
    Is this a automated draft ? When is it ?
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    LPGA? Heck why not dream a little and go for women's FIVB?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    LPGA? Heck why not dream a little and go for women's FIVB?

Because I oppose anything that starts with 'F?d?ration Internationale', I don't understand volleyball, and Natalie doesn't play.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Riomouse911
    I guess I can jump in. My regular league (10 years and counting) has a draft coming up, so I'll try two this year.

E-mail sent
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    What the He**, I'm in!
    I've always wondered about how the fantasy leagues work.

E mail sent. Let me know if you need help
    edited November -1
    Is this a automated draft ? When is it ?

Yes it is an automated draft. Will set the draft date after all the teams are full. We have until October 19th to draft
    edited November -1
    looking for 3 more teams
  • goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say $10 bucks each winner takes all. Last time we paid winner and runner up but of course nobody paid. You guys want to send me your entry fee and I will pay out the winnings when the time comes? Check my feedback here all A+++++. I aint gonna steal your money..

I can show you the thread where a bunch of people tried to pay the winner, and he never got in touch with anyone, and payout wasn't Winner and Runner Up, just Winner. Maybe you remember it that way because you were the runner up.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Fantasy Island Football
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by edgecam
    looking for 3 more teams

I'll be in it if you still need someone.

I am actually in a few already plus a few pickem and survivor leagues.

Just send me the link through my profile email.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal
    looking for 3 more teams

I'll be in it if you still need someone.

I am actually in a few already plus a few pickem and survivor leagues.

Just send me the link through my profile email.

E-mail sent
    edited November -1

I can show you the thread where a bunch of people tried to pay the winner, and he never got in touch with anyone, and payout wasn't Winner and Runner Up, just Winner. Maybe you remember it that way because you were the runner up.

Let's just keep it for fun. I don't want to deal with who has paid and who hasn't and doing a pay out.
    edited November -1
    Your probably right I dont remember the whole deal but I know the winner didnt get paid for some reason. I am in 10+ leagues and a fantasy sports writer so I get confused in a hurry with details on all these leagues. I know from experience if you play for SOMETHING people stay in the league longer and pay attention longer. Some/most guys start 0-3 or 0-4 and have nothing to play for so the team gets abandoned. IMO that ruins the league.

edited November -1
    Your probably right I dont remember the whole deal but I know the winner didnt get paid for some reason. I am in 10+ leagues and a fantasy sports writer so I get confused in a hurry with details on all these leagues. I know from experience if you play for SOMETHING people stay in the league longer and pay attention longer. Some/most guys start 0-3 or 0-4 and have nothing to play for so the team gets abandoned. IMO that ruins the league.

Agreed.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...If I knew how to play I'd be in.

At least in football there are points scored, unlike soccer (yeccck)...an exciting end to a soccer game is............. "Manchester did it! What a fantastically exciting game! In the final seconds Manchester kicked the winning point, blowing out Kingshead by a score of 1 to 0...[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    ...If I knew how to play I'd be in.

At least in football there are points scored, unlike soccer (yeccck)...an exciting end to a soccer game is............. "Manchester did it! What a fantastically exciting game! In the final seconds Manchester kicked the winning point, blowing out Kingshead by a score of 1 to 0...[;)]

There id only one way to learn. Jump in and try it. We will jelp you out.
    edited November -1
    Come on in Colt its a ton of fun and we need some donators to the prize fund.. [:)]
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1

Let's just keep it for fun. I don't want to deal with who has paid and who hasn't and doing a pay out.

Yep, just do it for fun. Gambling, raffles, lotteries, etc., are not allowed in the forums.
    edited November -1
    Still looking for 3 more teams.
    edited November -1
    My son said will join if we cant get anyone else.. He is 22 and more than capable of running his team. We will discuss the other "subjects" on the league message boards on the league site..
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Ok...count me in...BUT...you did promise to help...Edge & MFI.

As I said I dont know squat...I know football, but nothing about Fantasy ball.

Im Ok with whatever amount of $$$ ya'll decide on.

...Y'all can email me thru GB then get my regular email (much easier)...hope yall have cell phones...because I might have enough questions Ill need to talk rather than type a "book".

...Where to start(?)

Ya'll get ready...I always played Corner or WR...and there was ONLY
    one thing that kept me from playing Pro Ball...lack of talent...[8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    ...Ok...count me in...BUT...you did promise to help...Edge & MFI.

As I said I dont know squat...I know football, but nothing about Fantasy ball.

Im Ok with whatever amount of $$$ ya'll decide on.

...Y'all can email me thru GB then get my regular email (much easier)...hope yall have cell phones...because I might have enough questions Ill need to talk rather than type a "book".

...Where to start(?)

Ya'll get ready...I always played Corner or WR...and there was ONLY
    one thing that kept me from playing Pro Ball...lack of talent...[8D]

If you know a little about players in the NFL you will be ok, welcome to the addicting world of fantasy football.
  • bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Edge set up the league so I will let him send you the league invite through yahoo.
    edited November -1
    E-mail's sent to Colt and Bamafan.
  • bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just signed up. [;)]