In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Found a dead guy

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Old fella died at the front of a row of cars waiting for the light to turn from red to green. It changed from one to the other a few times, but his car never moved. No flashers or sign that he was having car trouble. I drove across the intersection and stopped at his door. He held the wheel and pressed the brake of the still idling car. He rested his old chin on his unmoving chest while the light switched from green to red, red to green.

Comments

• txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a long light
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awww.....I know that had to be a sad sight, but it sounds like he passed peacefully enough. I imagine he has family that are very thankful he passed at that red light and not 5 minutes later while he was going down the road.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Not a bad way to go, I guess. Better than in some hospital, or old folks home, hooked up to all sorts of machines. Maybe it wouldn't be my first choice, but there are certainly worse ways to depart this life.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    sounds like that beatles song
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    Wherever he was going, he must of been dying to get there. [:D]
  • cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oso2142, that remark ain't funny. A person dieing ain't a funny thing
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good thing he wasn't moving.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cer
    oso2142, that remark ain't funny. A person dieing ain't a funny thing

I thought it was funny...we all gotta die sometime, and sounds like the old fella died about as well as one can. Don't be so sensitive!
  • UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats the old joke "Grandpa died in his sleep, but the other 3 he was driving......"
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oso2142, that wasn't nice. You can upset the sensitive members on this forum with insensitive remarks like that. Personally, me being an insensitive lout, I LOL when I read your insensitive remark. I like clever, sometimes am clever, wish I could come up with many more clever things to write!
  • TempestTempest Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by UNIVERSITY50
    Whats the old joke "Grandpa died in his sleep, but the other 3 he was driving......"

It's..................

"When I go I want to die peacefullly in my sleep like Grandpa, not like the other 3 passengers screaming in his car!"
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oso2142
    Wherever he was going, he must of been dying to get there. [:D]

i love it !! if anyone thinks it is insensitive, puck'em, i too am an insensitive dude and have been accused of things far worse.

yaa.., someone really pucked up a good joke ! glad it was fixed before i got here.

"When I go I want to die peacefullly in my sleep like Grandpa, not like the other 3 passengers screaming in his car!"
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    perfect way to go
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I didn't think the remark was insensative, either. I mean, you can laugh about it, or cry about it. I'd just as soon they laughed over me.
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]-It's never a good feeling-

One morning I found an older GMC pickup right where I do all my rifle/pistol shooting, NorNv desert-

Young guy inside committed suicide (?)

CB'd the sheriff, met and led (9 law vehicles to the spot), some NHP cars had a little trouble, but still came along--

My jeep had 3 rifles and 2 pistols init--they just took a statement, photo'd my boots/tires/jeep and said--"Thanx"--

Thats been 6 months and I'm not in jail--yet[:p]

Right about here

2012-febshooting005.jpg
    [:o)] JIMBO
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call me insensitive, callous, or whatever, but I gotta admit that I laughed when I read Oso's post as well. [|)]

For BDJ, it is tough finding older people who've passed away, but at least it seemed a peaceful passing.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Just lucky he died foot on the brake. There was a local story of a girl and her grandfather that died foot on the gas. Girl tried desperately to control the vehicle and finally did. Scared her nearly to death.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of our graveyard watch commanders did a similar thing years ago. This Lt. fell asleep with his foot on the brake, engine idling, at a red light around 7am while commuter traffic drove by him. He was in an unmarked car and was there for 20+ mins before someone called in.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    why do they put fences around cemeteries ?

because people are dieing to get in there [:D]

oh was that insensitive of me?
  • cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ya'll are just a bunch of clowns