In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Appropriate sentence for James Holmes

BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
If I were king, in 1 year from date of the shootings he would be gut shot and left to die in a landfill. I am tired of wasting tax dollars housing and feeding this type of human garbage.

Am I wrong? Anyone else have an alternative sentence for this dirt bag?

Comments

• calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Not familiar with James Holmes but I thoroughly believe that criminals should be killed in the same manner that they killed their victims (assuming they committed murder).
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    Not familiar with James Holmes but I thoroughly believe that criminals should be killed in the same manner that they killed their victims (assuming they committed murder).
    He is the Aurora Mass Murderer.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Boomerang

Got it. My migraine did not allow my brain to recall the name. I say put him in a dark room, play a mediocre movie and burst in at a random time and start shooting.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tie him to a post and arm all his wounded victims with Ruger 10-22s and let them have their way with him. The rules are to start at the feet and work up from there.
  • GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Boomerang

Got it. My migraine did not allow my brain to recall the name. I say put him in a dark room, play a mediocre movie and burst in at a random time and start shooting.

Make the movie the Blair Witch Project (worst movie of all time IMHO), and I am in.
  • PacManPacMan Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buckwheated and dumped in the middle of the Death Valley
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no sentance that is appropriate. There is nothing we can do to him that will ease the suffering of the families of his victims. Zip, zero, nada, nothing we can do to Holmes will stop one victims mother from crying her heart out.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Throw him in a trash compactor. A red handed murdering idiot like him deserves this.
  • awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Lefty's idea.[:(!]
  • bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes no difference what the punishment is........last mass shooting in Aurora at a restaurant in 1993 left 4 dead. Shooter on death row for 19 years so far.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bartman45
    Makes no difference what the punishment is........last mass shooting in Aurora at a restaurant in 1993 left 4 dead. Shooter on death row for 19 years so far.

Yup.

Put one .22 round behind their right ear and don't give them another thought.
  • burchieburchie Member Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    There is no sentance that is appropriate. There is nothing we can do to him that will ease the suffering of the families of his victims. Zip, zero, nada, nothing we can do to Holmes will stop one victims mother from crying her heart out.

Enough said...
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    let the victims decide method

excuse me sir......., but the "victims" are dead [xx(]

i have a better idea, have him stand barefoot on a big block of ice and a hangman's noose around his neck with the other end firmly secured to a "Tall Oak Tree" [}:)] [:D] [}:)]
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember the Fort Hood shooter hasn't went to trial yet and why so what does that tell us. Is it because he is a Muslim or just slow justice and he is still drawn full pay waiting to be tried.[V][xx(]
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember the Fort Hood shooter hasn't went to trial yet and why so what does that tell us. Is it because he is a Muslim or just slow justice and he is still drawn full pay waiting to be tried.[V][xx(]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No martyrdom for Holmes.

Expedite the trial and sentencing, expedite the appeals process. Fast track him to a quick, painless death by lethal injection without fanfare.

You kill people, we will eliminate you. We won't make a big deal about it because you are unimportant. We will eliminate you and dispose of you like we do any other bit of garbage.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find him guilty, harvest his organs, kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, eyeballs, skin, bone marrow and blood for donation to worthy patients in need; shut off the heart lung machine and cremate the remainder.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bpost, I like your idea. I still hold that there is no appropriate punishment. There is nothing that can be done to him to ease the pain of the suffering families. But removing every possible organ that could help someone who needs said organ would at least help someone.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Televised five foot drop on a six foot rope.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He should be given a fair trial and then walked out to the gallows!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asphalt cowboy

When his feet hit the ground with a foot of slack in the rope, what do we do, shoot him?

Brad Steele
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I agree that hanging is a pretty miserable way to die, which is why it is appropriate. And it should be filmed, so people can watch while the offender danced, gags, and soils himself. It is not painless, it is not necessarily quick, and it is well-documented that many offenders were horrified at the thought of dying that way.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trial and execution should have been complete before sunset the next day.

Manner of execution does not matter to me, as long as public.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

When his feet hit the ground with a foot of slack in the rope, what do we do, shoot him?
    [:D]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • 1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spread eagle out on a large fire ant mound with honey poured on him. Ear plugs optional for those who care to watch.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

[:D]

Another option would be to make him take a short walk on a long pier, I guess.[:)]

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Those short walks can be a killer. Your joints don't even have time to warm up.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking more in the direction of an industrial sized belt-grinder with coarse belts
  • HooverTacticalHooverTactical Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He probably just needs some therapy, we need to know about his relationships with his father, if he was bullied in school and if maybe a girl had broken up with him

im sure after a hug and some thereapy he could make a valuable addition to this forum
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HooverTactical
    He probably just needs some therapy, we need to know about his relationships with his father, if he was bullied in school and if maybe a girl had broken up with him

im sure after a hug and some thereapy he could make a valuable addition to this forum
    Just like you!
  • DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Public televised executions sound good. Each family affected should elect 1 member to choose any gun and they should all stand together and shoot him at the same time. A new type of firing squad.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if he did it, I think he should be set on fire.

if he didn't do it I think he should be set free
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Always figured if someone was given the death sentance, make 'em dig a hole, kneel, shoot 'em in the back of the head the same day.

As far as the Holmes whack...nail his nads & weener to a stump, leave him with a butter knife...and IF he is man enough to cut himself loose, shoot him in both knees & leave him for critter food...[^]
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what Vlad "The Impaler" would do.

I'd think solitary in a dark cell without daylight or any companionship of any kind would
    be fitting. No parole. He'll be dead in 30 years, just rotten away by then.

Toss a "loaf" thrugh a hole in the door once a way, and never let him out.

Much cheaper than appeals processes.
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    A lot of interesting comments regarding this guys fate. The consensus is to kill this human garbage as soon as possible and in a manner that fits hits crime. I am proud to be associated with so many like minded folks. Personally, I hate wasting tax dollars on keeping all these criminals in jail. Then when they get out they do it again. This has to stop. When this trash sees that there are dire consequences for their actions, only then will crime diminish, be deterred.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had our legislature been men rather than the images of men...
    There would have likely been one or more patrons in that theater with a hand gun...
    WHO... Could have rid us of the need to discuss this issue today...
    The fact that he's even being treated with respect is an atrocity... in and of itself.

He murdered 12 innocent people and physically injured 58 others with countless more to carry the events of that night forever more.

He did it... That's not conjecture... It's fact.

And had someone shot the evil that he is... It would all be over except to discuss the caliber of use to his demise.

No amount of pain, or severity of death can be waged upon this evil man...
    to ever compensate the innocent people affected by his senseless actions that night.

He needs to be dead... Executed... No discussion about that.
    The fact that we now must process him according to law...
    ...provide a fair trial and house his miserable body until due process has been completed...

Is a waste of time and money.

A single loan citizen that night with a single pistol and a caliber of sufficient size...
    Would have placed him into history in a single instant.

You can thank our legislature for removing our inalienable right to self preservation and protection under the second amendment.

Gun Laws... And Gun Controls... Phooey. [:(!]
  • 4406v4406v Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He needs an immediate trip into a wood chipper!!!