In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

14yo Calmly shoots intruder.

MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
WTG young man. Love the comment about having another in the chamber. This teen ain't taking no crap from those intruders.

HENDERSON, N.C. ? A 14-year-old Henderson boy calmly described in a 911 call how he shot an intruder in a home invasion last week.

"I just shot the man. He came around the corner. I shot him. He broke the whole glass out (of the back door)," the teen told the 911 dispatcher.

Authorities said Anthony Henderson Jr. 19, broke into the home at 586 S. Lynnbank Road on Thursday while the teen and his 17-year-old sister were home.

The boy told the dispatcher that Henderson pointed a handgun at him, but Vance County Sheriff Peter White said deputies found no weapon on Henderson.

Henderson stumbled outside after being shot and was found dead on the lawn.

Deputies have charged Andrew Terry, 23, of 113 N. Woods Drive, with felony breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit breaking and entering and injury to real property in the case. They also are searching for two other men D Seneca Henderson, 20, of 907 S. Beckford Drive, No. 134, and Jatwaun Davis, 21, of 199 Belle Russell Road.

The boy's sister called 911 to report that someone was banging on the door trying to get in. She said she was hiding in her bedroom closet but told the dispatcher that her brother had a gun.

After the brother got on the phone, the dispatcher ordered him to put down his shotgun.

"I don't know how many it was (who broke in). Just one came around the corner. I got one more in the chamber. I'm going to shoot again," the boy said.

"Do not, while IOm on the phone, do not fire that firearm, OK?" the dispatcher said.

"What if another one comes in the house, ma'am?" he asked.

"Let me know, OK, if you see anybody. I will let you know (when a deputy gets to the house)," the dispatcher responded.

As the boy and his sister waited for deputies to arrive, he told the dispatcher that he was "perfectly fine," but his sister was "really shaken up."[:D]

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10553140/

Comments

• callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Something fishy if there's no gun found on dead guy.
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by callktulu

One of the two other suspects could have scooped up the piece and run off w/it before the cops arrived.
    Another point, the dead suspect could've tossed it far enough before expiring that the cops couldn't or haven't found it yet.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm confused did the 14 year old shoot his older brother? "Authorities said Anthony Henderson Jr. 19, broke in" "A 14-year-old Henderson boy calmly described in a 911 call how he shot an intruder". Or was the 14 year old not named but was refered to by the place of where he resides? Either case there are too many folks named "Henderson".
  • callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PTHEIM

One of the two other suspects could have scooped up the piece and run off w/it before the cops arrived.
    Another point, the dead suspect could've tossed it far enough before expiring that the cops couldn't or haven't found it yet.

True, true. And now I'm more concerned about the 911 operator telling him not to shoot. While I don't agree with the operators encouraging a shooting, I don't think they should discourage it, either. In today's world, the best advice they should give is "Do what you think best to defend yourself from harm" or something to that effect.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

True, true. And now I'm more concerned about the 911 operator telling him not to shoot. While I don't agree with the operators encouraging a shooting, I don't think they should discourage it, either. In today's world, the best advice they should give is "Do what you think best to defend yourself from harm" or something to that effect.

Yeah,I found that to be curious. It's really not their place to comment.

As far as if the kid lied about the suspect having a gun, that may be problematic. IMO if four men are forcing entry into a home, and a 14 yr old has to protect his 17 yr old sister with deadly force, it is justified, whether those men are armed or not. You know exactly what would have happened to that girl had that boy not had access to a firearm.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1

From the sound of it I doubt if the kid would have hesitated to shoot the other intruders no matter what the 911 dispatch said.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Confused me for a moment also. The guy breaking in was named Henderson. The 14 yo Henderson boy is from Henderson North, Carolina. I'm guessing that since the boy and his sister are under 18, their names weren't released.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    Confused me for a moment also. The guy breaking in was named Henderson. The 14 yo Henderson boy is from Henderson North, Carolina. I'm guessing that since the boy and his sister are under 18, their names weren't released.

U got it. Yes this was up in Henderson, NC up close to Asheville in the mountains.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when that event went down i'd bet a bananna would look like a gun to anyone...sharp kid...dumb dispatcher trying to place 2 potential victims at further risk till help arrives
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought this sounded very familiar. That story was posted January 2. The story doesn't tell what year though.
  • djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No gun is needed for him to shoot the intruder so why do you care what the boy thought he saw.

quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Yeah,I found that to be curious. It's really not their place to comment.

As far as if the kid lied about the suspect having a gun, that may be problematic. IMO if four men are forcing entry into a home, and a 14 yr old has to protect his 17 yr old sister with deadly force, it is justified, whether those men are armed or not. You know exactly what would have happened to that girl had that boy not had access to a firearm.
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE DISPATCHER TOLD HIM TO PUT DOWN THE GUN AND NOT TO USE IT TO DEFEND HIMSELF AND HIS SISTER FROM VIOLENT CRIMINALS????????
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Bad guys breaking into the house. Boy shoots intruders in HIS home. What's the problem? Personally I've never heard of folks breaking in to a home just to leave a cookie on the table.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to think the dispatcher was trying to keep the kid from shooting the first responding officer.
    [^]barto[^]
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by barto
    I like to think the dispatcher was trying to keep the kid from shooting the first responding officer.
    [^]barto[^]

I'm certain that's what was meant but it was worded wrong.

I would think the police would arrive with lights on and announce their presence. True?
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Hehe.... with the dispatchers reaction... I bet the police are now doing their absolute BEST to get there really REALLY fast. [:D]

Makes me remember the joke/story about the ol' fart who's calling the police while three thieves are in the process of emptying his garage.

Police tells him there's no units available and he just has to let them go and hangs up.

He call again telling them there's no need for policecruisers now - as he just shot them, and hangs up again.

Which resulted in 4 policecruisers, SWAT and a helicopter arriving very fast... [:D]

(heard it in different variants.)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by barto
    [^]barto[^]

Probably right, this and the dispatcher didn't want the kid to accidentally get shot by the LEOs also.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good boy!

I don't care if the DEAD bad guy had a gun or not; he did not break into that house to give the residents a Gideon's Bible.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deputies have charged Andrew Terry, 23, of 113 N. Woods Drive, with felony breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit breaking and entering and injury to real property in the case. They also are searching for two other men D Seneca Henderson, 20, of 907 S. Beckford Drive, No. 134, and Jatwaun Davis, 21, of 199 Belle Russell Road.

Jatwaun??? What the heck is a "Jatwaun"????
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161

Jatwaun, isn't that one of those...
  • ripcord55ripcord55 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not Ripcord55, I"m his wife, but just had to ring in on this, as a woman, Rape is the most terrifying event that could happen to her, & only 17, Shame on you for any hint of it was her fault, & if it was her that shot him well, I'm proud of her. Men have 10 times the strength of a woman or a 17 year old girl, and they took her to the hospital so that means a Rape kit, another rape on her even if it's to help get the pile of dog droppings he got what he deserved. And if any of you so called Men say anything to the contray to the effect that that young lady wanted to be RAPED, Then lets just throw you in with Bubba for 1/2 an hour and see how you feel after Bubba's had his fun, so shut your mouth, how could you even think that she wanted to be raped! And Thank you for the one that killed that pile of dog droppings.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripcord55
    I'm not Ripcord55, I"m his wife, but just had to ring in on this, as a woman, Rape is the most terrifying event that could happen to her, & only 17, Shame on you for any hint of it was her fault, & if it was her that shot him well, I'm proud of her. Men have 10 times the strength of a woman or a 17 year old girl, and they took her to the hospital so that means a Rape kit, another rape on her even if it's to help get the pile of dog droppings he got what he deserved. And if any of you so called Men say anything to the contray to the effect that that young lady wanted to be RAPED, Then lets just throw you in with Bubba for 1/2 an hour and see how you feel after Bubba's had his fun, so shut your mouth, how could you even think that she wanted to be raped! And Thank you for the one that killed that pile of dog droppings.

Hey Mrs Ripcord, I think you are responding to the wrong thread![;)] I think you might be referring to this one:
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=567640

Were you there? Do you know for certain that it was not consensual? No one here knows what happened, that is why we have a justice system, as bad as it is, its all we have.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is weird, the dispatcher telling him not to shoot again.
    On these 911 tapes I do hear dispatchers giving some pretty stupid advice sometimes.

Hendersonville is near Asheville NC.
    I never heard of Henderson.

At any rate, good shooting young man! I would like to know what size shot that was I am doing statistical analysis on lethality of number 8 quail shot at close range.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wth is dispatch telling people not to shoot when people are in the homes?

that is some crazy talk!

Some fool told Zimmerman the same thing and had he listened, he might the one not breathing instead of punk traycoon.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    THE DISPATCHER TOLD HIM TO PUT DOWN THE GUN AND NOT TO USE IT TO DEFEND HIMSELF AND HIS SISTER FROM VIOLENT CRIMINALS????????
    It sounded to me like she merely wanted to avoid a scenario where he was shooting at responding police officers.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripcord55

Sounds like she could win the gold medal for Olympic Jumping to Conclusions event. Obviously, she misposted from the other forum topic. But, still, she has automatically ASSUMED the testimony of the girl is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, a risky assumption.
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 911 operator will try to get a "victim" , while in shock over an incident, to relay exactly what happened.

This freely-given testimony can and will be used against you my prosecutors bent on taking a body into court.

And if the perp's body is cold and stiff, they'll come after the closest warm one they can snatch.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    A 911 operator will try to get a "victim" , while in shock over an incident, to relay exactly what happened.

This freely-given testimony can and will be used against you my prosecutors bent on taking a body into court.

And if the perp's body is cold and stiff, they'll come after the closest warm one they can snatch.
    Ain't that the truth. Calling 911 is a double edged sword.[xx(][V]
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161

That was a typo. His name should've read "Datwaun" [:D].
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry

Now, you are so right! I have seen this many times on the "true crime" shows on tv, prosecutors love to play tapes of the 911 call.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But, if you lose the encounter, that call tape can also be used to catch and prosecute the baddy. [:)]
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A dispatcher isn't an officer of the law.