In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fury

dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Has anyone seen this movie yet ? Been thinking about preordering it Amazon has a date on the 27th of jan and was wondering is it any good

Comments

• dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this movie worth getting right away to those who have seen it ? Is wal marts version edited ? Or should I wait till it hits the five dollar bin ?
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Rachel Lucas at www.rachellucas.com

March 23, 2003

Fury

I don't even know what to write right now, because I'm so angry and disgusted and horrified.

The guy who threw grenades into the command tents at Camp Pennsylvania should be taken away and shot dead. He was "resentful"??? The putrid little punk. I'd personally shoot him in the head if I could. And I wish I could.

Iraq now has American POWs. I don't even know what to say. I really don't know what to say.

And these despicable human beings (hollyweird, the oscars) have a party and say this war is all about oil, while articles like this one are freely available on the Internet:

"Saddam Hussein's eldest son mercilessly beats girls as young as 12 on the soles of their feet if they refuse to sleep with him, Iraqi defectors said today.

"Uday Hussein forces head teachers of schools in Baghdad's poorest districts to send pupils to his palace where he arranges dates with those he likes.

"If the chosen girls annoy him in anyway they are dangled over a wooden beam held by his bodyguards and repeatedly hit with a wooden club, according to two former members of his inner circle who recently fled Iraq."

Yeah, it's all about oil and Bush's testosterone, you stupid IDIOTS.

People have been e-mailing me, telling me that my comments about the war are good and useful because they show an average person's feelings about what's going on. Well, you want this average person's opinion right now? Here it is.

I feel sick to my stomach. I am absolutely disgusted at what humanity is capable of. I don't understand why so many government buildings in Baghdad are still standing. I wish I could be the executioner of people like that Iraqi animal smiling over dead Americans, and I also think that the Americans here at home who think this war is "exciting" and "fun" and "bad-*" ought to have their teeth kicked out and should then be sent to Iraq to help out.

I will never forgive George Bush Sr. for not letting U.S. troops destroy Saddam's regime in 1991. Hundreds of thousands of guys like my brother were there, ready/able/willing to continue on to Baghdad to take care of that sicko.

Da**it. I am just pi$$ed off. I didn't watch the news all afternoon because I was at the range, shooting my gun. Came home and caught up, and got really, really angry.

Marines are dying, Iraqis have American POWs, Dubya is mumbling his treacly platitudes, Russians have been selling "jamming" equipment to Iraq, protestors are being the morons that they are, Hollywood is partying, and I find it all fantastically sickening.

And now I'll go sit in my comfy chair in my comfy house and watch my big TV while I eat steak and drink Coke. John and I will talk about bombs falling thousands of miles away, but outside our door we'll only hear our neighbor's lawnmower and some kids playing on a trampoline. Then we'll go to sleep in silence and peace in our big, soft, flannel-sheeted bed with fluffy pillows. In the morning, we'll wake up to the sound of an alarm clock, have some coffee, take nice hot showers with good-smelling soap, and catch up on the latest war news. We'll feed the dogs and throw the Frisbee for them a few times. John will then go to work at the job he likes very much, and I'll ride my bike down the hill to my college classes, where I'll learn about computers and World War II in nice big classrooms. When I come home, I'll do some things on my computer that result in a paycheck, while sitting in my safe little house with birds chirping outside the window. A few telemarketers will call, asking me if I've considered life insurance. I'll eat a sandwich for lunch while I watch the news, and though I'll get angry and worried about what I see, I'll quickly go back to my work, making neat things happen with fancy software. Ever so often, I'll check the news sites for war updates, and will probably write something on my blog about it. Then I'll eat a snack and do some homework, maybe play with my dogs again. Then John will come home and the whole thing will be repeated, in the middle of this giant American city at the start of springtime.

And it's all so ridiculously absurd and surreal. I know this much is true: If you are anywhere in America right now, and your life even remotely resembles what I just described, you should feel profoundly grateful for every single moment of your existence, to the point where you can barely comprehend the magnitude of your own good fortune.

Posted by Rachel at 07:30 PM Category: Operation Kill Saddam
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    It was an OK movie, but not in the five-alarm fire category to see.

There were few technical inaccuracies, and a war movie that is rightly-done that way, is always nice to see. Even the long burn-time on potato masher fuses, was there. On 'Iremember.ru', a Russian veteran told of exchanging a potato masher four times with a German, before it finally went off (on him). Brad Pitt's character uses a captured MP44. And pretty good special effects, including tracers and WP tank cannon rounds.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought it the other day at Best Buy. It was pretty good, about a 7 on a scale of 1-10.
  • XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was "okay" until the final shoot out. Germans weren't
    stupid enough to do a frontal attack on any tank that was still
    shooting at them. That's when it really got "ho-hum".
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked the flick, but couldn't get past Brad Pitt cast as a Senior NCO.

I told my wife that one scene looked like a bunch of WW2 era tankers standing around......and Brad Pitt was standing in the middle of them with some dirt smudged on his face.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got Gran Torino in the 5 dollar bargain bin. When I am done, someone can have it. I will give it away. Oakie
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked the movie but I am biased. My dad was in the 2nd Armored Division in WWII.

My 2 boys treated me to the movie in honor of the grandpa they never got to meet.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked the movie. The scene at the dinner table made me feel a little uneasy. I am sure that type of behavior did happen, but I'm sure it was not the norm.
    I wonder if the tank guys really used captured StG44's or is it just Hollywood crap
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    I liked the movie. The scene at the dinner table made me feel a little uneasy. I am sure that type of behavior did happen, but I'm sure it was not the norm.
    I wonder if the tank guys really used captured StG44's or is it just Hollywood crap

Well fast forward to Vietnam, how many U.S. Soldiers were using AK's.[;)]
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The final shootout was just plain stupid. In that era a disabled tank without infantry support was an easy kill. The American tankers would know this and not have hung around. Number one on their list was to survive. A distant number two is that tank crewman were in short supply, their DUTY (as expressed by their commanders) was to survive to fight another day. Tank disabled? leave it, we have more tanks.quote:Originally posted by XXCross

It was "okay" until the final shoot out. Germans weren't
    stupid enough to do a frontal attack on any tank that was still
    shooting at them. That's when it really got "ho-hum".
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was a pretty good movie. any time you get to see a real honest to gosh Tiger driving around, that's a good movie.

I imagine American soldiers took a few liberties with the ladies and did some looting. If they didn't, they'd have been the only army in history never to do so.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz

Well fast forward to Vietnam, how many U.S. Soldiers were using AK's.[;)]

..Consider this....Take the number of AK's in the hands of NVA and VC, then compare the number of Stg44's in the hands of German military. StG44's were rare to come across as production numbers were low as opposed to the AK.
    ..I haven't seen the movie, though I want to. That's just a thought that crossed my head...or over it...[:)]