In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dubai/Jerusalem pictures

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
here are some pics of Dubai and Jerusalem. the subject of the pictures, whenever he appears, has been blacked out with a black block.

DUBAI

D-01.jpg

D-02.jpg

D-03.jpg

D-04.jpg

D-05.jpg

D-06.jpg

D-07.jpg

D-08.jpg

D-09.jpg

D-10.jpg

D-11.jpg

D-12.jpg

D-13.jpg

D-14.jpg

D-15.jpg

D-16.jpg

D-17.jpg

D-18.jpg

D-19.jpg

D-20.jpg

D-21.jpg

D-22.jpg

D-23.jpg

D-24.jpg

D-25.jpg

the dancer has two canes. they used to dance with a pair of swords but in this age of enlightenment have decided to replace them with other props. there is a video where she balances them on her shoulders and later swings them around; if you already knew what they used to be, it's obvious.

D-26.jpg

D-27.jpg

D-28.jpg

D-29.jpg

D-30.jpg

D-31.jpg

D-32.jpg

D-33.jpg

D-34.jpg

D-35.jpg

D-36.jpg

D-37.jpg

D-38.jpg

D-39.jpg

D-40.jpg

D-41.jpg

D-42.jpg

D-43.jpg

D-44.jpg

D-45.jpg

D-46.jpg

D-47.jpg

JERUSALEM

J-01.jpg

J-02.jpg

from 0 BC to 200 AD there was a large Hellenic presence all around the shores of the Mediterranean. not necessarily colonial but cultural: people liked the Greek civilization. Greeks themselves traveled all over and Greek was the "lingua franca" (common langauge) for quite some time, including that of the Roman Empire, where tile mosaics were popular. this mosaic, in Greek, appears to be a map. I don't know if this was on a wall or on a floor. could be either but from the lighting I would guess on a floor.

J-03.jpg

J-04.jpg

J-05.jpg

J-06.jpg

J-07.jpg

J-08.jpg

J-09.jpg

J-10.jpg

J-11.jpg

J-12.jpg

J-13.jpg

J-14.jpg

J-15.jpg

J-16.jpg

J-17.jpg

J-18.jpg

J-19.jpg

J-20.jpg

"Temple of the Dome of the Rock, located on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem. built in 691 AD by the Muslims, on the site of the Roman temple of Jupiter Capitolinus, which had in turn been built on the site of Herod's Temple, which was destroyed during the Roman Siege of Jerusalem in 70 CE."

J-21.jpg

J-22.jpg

J-23.jpg

J-24.jpg

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Wailing Wall is in the foreground of the first photo of the Dome of the Rock. Jerusalem is one of the most ancient and moving cities on earth. Dubai can rot. Thanks for the photos[^].
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are right, Jerico was a ruin at the time Joshua was supposed to have fit the battle. Somehow Jerusalem touches me in a way no other old city does, maybe because I have walked the streets and shopped the souqs.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice pictures, I'm glad you found an equitable way of posting them
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D]
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is as close as i care to get to ether of those places, thanks for sharing
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the great pictures. I bet it's tough making a living as a lawnmower salesman there.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been to both of those cities, and the photos are excellent. Thanks for bringing back memories!
  • Options
    MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is Dubai covered in dust?
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks
    as some one posted I will never get to visit I can only image how amazing both places are to visit both in there own right
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope oil becomes worthless :)
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man I miss going to Dubai, spent a lot of off time there. Used to stay at the Mellinium and would often go to the York International club.

Also used to frequent Bahrain, much much micer than Dubai but not as many places to get in trouble [:D][:D]

Ya know, I wonder if there are any baby Rednecks running around Bahrain [:o)][:I][8D][:D][;)][8)][8][:p]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's with the black rectangle? Mohamed? Witness Relocation?

Did you ride a camel or got fitted for a thobe? I think they're good to lounge around "in" the house.