In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What happen to all the Navy Seals ?

Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Stopped by one of the local watering holes today and there was no one claiming to be a Navy Seal, no Navy Seal hats or anything about them. A few months ago it was all you could see at the bar,,,,, all the hats, shirts, and then all the ones claiming to be a former or current seal.
Last time I came close to having a bar fight with one that I called out as being a Seal team member and showed him for who he was, a faker that lives on others glory in life.

I guess it is out of style now ?

Being retired Army and never having nothing to do with the Navy, It is called respect. As it should be to all of us retired military members.

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was never a SEAL, Ranger or Green Beret. Just a lowly Supply Sergeant. It's funny how most ex-servicemen I meet were snipers in a Ranger Bat.
  • Options
    Old.22BoltsOld.22Bolts Member Posts: 6,032
    edited November -1
    Went to highschool with a guy that joined the Navy
    right after graduation...
    He did his time and came back home and when asked
    what he did or who he was he always says....
    "I was a welder"....[8D][;)]
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    I was a tanker. Yep I was in the big ol steel tanks.............
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    here is a navy Walrus

seal-man.gif
  • Options
    Old.22BoltsOld.22Bolts Member Posts: 6,032
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Sawz
    here is a navy Walrus

He must be a ninja too since we never see him
    get back out of the water....[:D]
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I killed them all with my Sith powers.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Marine Heavy Equipment Mech then Cheif. But I can shoot.[:o)]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I swear everyone I meet now is ex special forces. I just shrug it off these days and say yeah sure you were.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Army Guard Infantryman. Did two tours in Iraq. That's enough for me.
  • Options
    buckstarbuckstar Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I signed up, they were offering kids ranger and SF in their contracts. Whole AIT was full of kids boasting about how their infantry training was just a formality and that they were shipping to whatever special training that was in their contract.

Stupid kids. They didn't understand that when they failed out of the selection process the Army no longer had to uphold its end of the contract and they would be dumped in whatever non-specialized crap job that needed another body.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them still boast that they were SF, though they never had a chance.

I don't recall ever running into a person claiming to be a SEAL or whatever in a bar but I don't frequent bars. The few times I do go, I go to one that doesn't regularly have mooks in it.

Typically I can tell what type of job a person had by their general behavior though.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    They are all making movies and
    the pay is better.