In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

water pump

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
well it happened, the dang water pump went out on the trailblazer yesterday [B)] so now I have the fun task of changing it monday while im off [:(!]. Thought it was the fan clutch and still maybe changing that at while am at it [:D]

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    yep,I'd do the water pump &fan clutch at same time,one takes out the other,they work together.[;)][;)]
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure how it compares to my '98 Blazer, 4.3L.....that was a piece of cake.
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    Not sure how it compares to my '98 Blazer, 4.3L.....that was a piece of cake.

it really dont look that hard to do just not a lot of room to work in [B)]
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get ready for some scraped knuckles...their is not a lot of room in the engine bays with those V-8s.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    Get ready for some scraped knuckles...their is not a lot of room in the engine bays with those V-8s.

Trailblazers (with the exception of the SS) run the 6 cylinder. Still not much room.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just done my wife's 2004 it wasn't to bad. One of the minor things to go on that piece of junk
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    Just done my wife's 2004 it wasn't to bad. One of the minor things to go on that piece of junk

how many miles does it have on it
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good friend of mine has a 2006. I has had electrical problems out the wazoo and it even caught on fire once.

I told her to fix it and get rid of it....even if she has to take a loss. She has three small children and needs a reliable vehicle. NNY is NOT the place to own an unreliable vehicle.
  • forjoeforjoe Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have Fun.... Wife had an 06 Trailblazer. Water pump went at about 60k, wheel speed sensors and ball joints at 55k and tranny lines at 50k. We got it used and we loved it (best car ever in the snow with Blizzak tires!) but toooo many headaches!
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Jeep WK's water pump went at 37K, and a mechanic said it was losing water through the weep hole at 53K. But I traded that POS off last Saturday for new boobaru so I don't care anymore!!! I love the world of bumper to bumper warranties
  • topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Chevy work truck is a 2005,with the 6L V8, and the
    water pump went out around 70 tho. I don't remember it
    being too bad of a job. We did have to fabricate a
    special wrench to pull the fan as I recall.
    What got me most of all, was that the danged thing cost
    around 275 bucks.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It just turned 50,000
  • lee shermanlee sherman Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to Utube for any tips for the R and R.[:)]