In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun shop experience 22LR

CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Today going back home I was driving do north and saw a gun shop on South Dixie Highway and 139 st, I went in the shop and asked about 22 and they showed me 3 one hundred rd boxes of Winchester and told me they had sold 8000 rds in ten hours at $25.00 per hundred, ps with straight face asked me if I was going to buy the last 3 boxes.
I politely said no thank you and walked out.
I couldn't help laughing my butt off thinking about whiners here complaining about 22 gougers over at the auction side.
Most of you 22 gouging complainers have no idea on what's coming our way.
We have to fight so we can run away.
Capt. Jack Sparrow.

Comments

• Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Natchezzs(sp?) had 500 round bricks of Remnington Thunderbolts for $49.99 earlier today. Way more then I am going to pay, but still cheaper then most for someone who is desperate.

Jon
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they have if for 39.99 limit one box crazy but still 8 cents a round but one box and 17.00 to ship just too far over the line .

quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77
    Natchezzs(sp?) had 500 round bricks of Remnington Thunderbolts for $49.99 earlier today. Way more then I am going to pay, but still cheaper then most for someone who is desperate.

Jon
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's still bad and I continue to be amazed that some manufacturer isn't stepping up to fill the need.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    It's still bad and I continue to be amazed that some manufacturer isn't stepping up to fill the need.
    This. From the time the shortage started, there has been enough time to build a new factory from the ground up. And don't give me excuses like 'they don't want to risk building it, for fear that by the time they are up and running, the shortage will be over.' It's called market research. Simple enough: how many .22s are currently being made a day? How many are back ordered and for how long? How many people want .22 ammo? How much do they want? What will they pay?

You figure that out, you figure out whether the enterprise would be profitable or not- and I suspect it would.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

They HAVE stepped up to the point there is more 22lr being produced now then ever before in the history of the world.

Unprecedented demand is still driving the market.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DITCH-RUNNER
    they have if for 39.99 limit one box crazy but still 8 cents a round but one box and 17.00 to ship just too far over the line .

quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77

Jon

Yep, your right. It was 39.99. Fifteen and change to ship 1 box to my door. I would like another brick or 2, but I sure don't need it that bad yet. [:D]

Jon
  • Old.22BoltsOld.22Bolts Member Posts: 6,032
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Onehandude

Yeah, most of you have NO IDEA.......[:D][:o)]
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    The one thing I'm short on is standard velocity stuff I can put through my High Standard. Have plenty of stuff for my other .22's.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Skicat I have only seen CCI standard Velocity one time in the last 18 months. Gander mountain got some first of the year $50.00 a brich one brick limit. Champions choice normally sold 500 + Cases a year until Perry Last year have not gotten any since then.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    where can i buy a 22lr loading machine?????
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    l bought a 50 rd box of Rem 22 lr yesterday evening for $3.50 [^]

Same guy charges me $40 for transfers for my GB toys [:(]

l guess they even out in the END [xx(]
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would bet that many of the buyers don't have a rifle to shoot the stuff.

Wonder if it will taste good when the have to EAT it.

Seeing some DPMS AR's now going for about $550. Oh, how times have changed. The price drop might happen to 22's very soon.
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I bought 10 50 round boxes of CCI-SV from Gander Mountain about a month ago for $4.99 a box. Three days ago I bought 2 100 round boxes of CCI Mini-Mags for $7.99 at Gander Mountain. I could have gotten more, but that was all I needed.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by southgeorgiaivory
    quote:Originally posted by Onehandude

Yeah, most of you have NO IDEA.......[:D][:o)]

I am waiting for the Winchester recall to set in and watch the price of m22 plummet and Remington's to sky rocket.