In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 20 barrel comparison w/ pics

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Just snapped some pictures of the Glock 20(10mm) factory Glock barrel, compared to the aftermarket Lone Wolf barrel(actually a G29 10mm barrel), and the KKM barrel I just ordered. Interesting.

G20barrels2_zpsbdc62fc0.jpg

G20barrels3_zpsc5590edf.jpg

G20barrels1_zps8bbd20a2.jpg

Jon

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    interesting indeed

looks like the kkm has a bit more support under the chamber too, would like to hear a range report on accuracy, and overall reliability
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    interesting indeed

looks like the kkm has a bit more support under the chamber too, would like to hear a range report on accuracy, and overall reliability

That is exactly why I am curious to test the KKM out. I am wondering how much reliability(if any) will be sacrificed when the gun gets dirty.

One interesting thing I couldn't show with the pictures, was how tight the chambers were. The Glock was very sloppy, again going all out in the reliability department. The KKM was actually not too much tighter. It looks like they ream the chambers out a bit, maybe to give some edge on feeding that their fully supported chamber loses. The Lone Wolf chamber was the tightest of the 3 and offers barely any more case support then the factory barrel.

Jon
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    How do those barrels all fit the same gun? Or, do they?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    How do those barrels all fit the same gun? Or, do they?

The barrel in the right/top of the pictures will not fit. It is for the Glock 29, which is the smaller 10mm Glock pistol.

The KKM, which is the long 6" barrel and the black barrel, which is the factory barrel, both fit in the Glock 20.

I just threw the picture of the smaller barrel in for comparison of the manufacturers. The full-size barrel made by Lone Wolf would be longer, but would have the same characteristics.

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    interesting indeed

I couldn't get a true accuracy report because of all the snow at the range and the cold weather. I did get a function report and that grades in at an A+.

I fired 4 mags of ammo.....60 rounds. We had 3 different shooters, one being my brother, who had up to that point never fired anything bigger then a .45 ACP. He fired 3 rounds and gave one big grin. [:D]

Anyways, we fired 15 rounds of 175 grain Winchester Silvertip, 30 rounds of Privi 180 grain HP's, and 15 rounds of Underwood 200 grain XTP's. That was with the KKM barrel, 20 lb. tungsten guide rod, and stock everything else. Zero feeding/ejecting issues and the most important part was that the cases looked great. Even the hot Underwood loads. I did notice that with the very weak Privi loads, the cases did not eject too far. Not really a surprise considering the heavier spring I had in it.

I will get a better accuracy test when the weather gets a bit nicer. I also am planning on throwing a Fastfire on this, so I was 100% into reliability mode here. I am very pleased. [:)]

Jon
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool thanks for the update
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cool thanks for the update

Not a problem. Even with it being cold, it was great to get out with my dad and my brother. [8D]

Jon