In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question....

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Would you adopt?

I am not going to say if this is a dog/cat/goat/horse or whatever, I dont want any influences of any kind if I can help it....

This animal was born bout 6 months ago, cute enough to die for, mom is devoted to it, as are siblings....weeks go by and you notice something is not right....back legs do not function properly and the animal cannot raise himself to walk on them....its obvious from looking at the animal that the spine has been damaged..
The baby survives, despite all odds, but because of its disability cannot be sold..
You have fallen in love with this animal, it gives you kisses, loves you and you love it back....you can take it home...would you?

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you were out to lunch and found out you won the lottery for say $20 million - would you even return to the office to get your crap/say goodbye?
    edited November -1
    In the new geico commercial, Maxwell the piggy is on a zip line...what the heck does he say when he meets the man on the other zip line?...

We have listened to that thing every time we see it and cant figure out what he says...

Anyone know?
    edited November -1
    ...since I rarely sell anything,if I have a buy it now price listed, and the bid comes under the buy it now price, what do I do?
    edited November -1
    I know it sounds dumb(which I am) please explain to me what happened?
  • oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With no reserve, you sold it.
    edited November -1
    buy it now price don't work?
  • redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buy it now without a reserve price means only if they use the BIN button will you get that price , in this case it sounds like you had a much lower start price , so what ever the finally bid was, is what you sold it for
  • oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    auction number?
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not always I have been high bidder on a no reserve auction and have some one hit the BIN after several days of me being top bidder
    depends on how they set up the auction

quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    once somebody puts a bid on it, nobody can use the BIN anymore and it's a regular auction.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul, send me an email.
    What's next?
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    not always I have been high bidder on a no reserve auction and have some one hit the BIN after several days of me being top bidder
    depends on how they set up the auction

once somebody puts a bid on it, nobody can use the BIN anymore and it's a regular auction.

Same here. [:(]
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...since I rarely sell anything, if I have a buy it now price listed, and the bid comes under the buy it now price, what do I do?

First you need to set an opening bid, lets say $100 with no reserve. Most buyers despise reserves, and GB has a search feature which allows buyers skip over reserve auctions.

Lets now say you have set a Buy It Now price set at $500. Someone can hit that button and instantly win the item, otherwise you have to have an opening bid. Once you have that, further bidding will continue (increasing by $5 increments for amounts below $1K) until one of three things happens:

1) The auctions runs it allotted time and ends with the final bidder the winner.

2)Someone hits the BIN button for $500 and at that point the auction immediately closes with that person the winner.

3)No one bids at all. In that case, relist with a lower opener.

I think you mean is that once someone bids above the Buy It Now price, and that does happen from time to time, the BIN feature is no longer available. At that point it becomes a straight auction, otherwise so long as the current bid is below the BIN price you can always "push the button" and make the item your own.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Strategery.
    Thank you Mark!
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Wrong...

Items with a Reserve Price:

Once the bidding for an auction meets or exceeds the Reserve Price (the minimum amount the seller is willing to sell the item for), the BuyNow! feature is disabled, and the auction runs until its scheduled end.

If there is not a Reserve Price, the BuyNow! feature is disabled if the bidding meets or exceeds the BuyNow! price, and the auction runs until its scheduled end.