In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Craziness In Greenville, 3 Dead At Car Dealership

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Another reason to be glad to be retired.

Two fellers, possibly "bounty hunters," went to a car dealership to arrest a "fugitive." There were gunshots, and all three are dead.

That was around 7 pm on the 30th. Wow.

Comments

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a dangerous biz. Apparently there is one less bad guy on the streets.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shame, it is nice to be retired. It is getting a little crazy out there...
    "What is truth?'
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/05/30/3-shot-death-greenville/

GREENVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) ? Greenville Police said three men were shot and killed Tuesday around 7:20 p.m.

Police said multiple shots were fired at the Nissan of Greenville car dealership at 6403 Interstate 30.

The men who were killed were inside the building.

Police said the circumstances surrounding the shooting are still unknown and the investigation is underway.

However, Rick Ford, the president of the dealership, said federal agents or bounty hunters came to try to arrest someone who was at the dealership, when the shooting happened.

The identities of the victims had not been released as of late Tuesday night.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems rather a poor choice of places to apprehend an obviously violent individual.....must have been blind stoopid doodah luck no innocent were offed also
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    News says it was two federal agents and a person not associated with the dealership
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Them dang Nissans !!!!!

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    all felons do not lay down when told to do so, if you are not on your toes, you may end up on your back. mr myopic.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:seems rather a poor choice of places to apprehend an obviously violent individual.....must have been blind stoopid doodah luck no innocent were offed also

I cannot tell you how much I agree with this statement. Here are some factors that make me go, "HUNH?"

The owner of the dealership was apparently not present for the shooting, but he said that two men, identifying themselves to the sales staff as "federal agents," came to the dealership and waited there for "several hours."

"Federal agents?" Did they show a badge or ID?

They were there for several hours? If I were the owner, and "federal agents" showed up at my business, I would want to know RIGHT NOW, and I would respond to the dealership, RIGHT NOW. And, if no one called me to tell me of the agents' presence, heads would roll.

The "fugitive" was not an employee of the dealership. He was a friend of a customer who was due to come to the dealership that day. When the customer and the fugitive arrived, the agents initiated contact, IN THE SHOWROOM. Dangit!

It's Monday-morning-quarterbacking, I know, but had the owner been there, he might have had the cojones to question these "agents" a little about their employment and their authority. And if he found out they were bonding agents, he could have told them to leave and make their arrest elsewhere. At least, that's how I think I would have handled it.
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    quote:seems rather a poor choice of places to apprehend an obviously violent individual.....must have been blind stoopid doodah luck no innocent were offed also

I cannot tell you how much I agree with this statement. Here are some factors that make me go, "HUNH?"

The owner of the dealership was apparently not present for the shooting, but he said that two men, identifying themselves to the sales staff as "federal agents," came to the dealership and waited there for "several hours."

"Federal agents?" Did they show a badge or ID?

They were there for several hours? If I were the owner, and "federal agents" showed up at my business, I would want to know RIGHT NOW, and I would respond to the dealership, RIGHT NOW. And, if no one called me to tell me of the agents' presence, heads would roll.

The "fugitive" was not an employee of the dealership. He was a friend of a customer who was due to come to the dealership that day. When the customer and the fugitive arrived, the agents initiated contact, IN THE SHOWROOM. Dangit!

It's Monday-morning-quarterbacking, I know, but had the owner been there, he might have had the cojones to question these "agents" a little about their employment and their authority. And if he found out they were bonding agents, he could have told them to leave and make their arrest elsewhere. At least, that's how I think I would have handled it.

I agree with you Nunn, been in that dealership a couple of times and this scares the hell out me now days.

from what I heard the one guy shot and killed the other two then shot himself but thats just what I heard.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crazy. It is hard to believe that 2 guys can pose as Feds and not be confronted on it.

Whoever the "Bad" guy was he was not someone to mess with, considering he took out 2 guys who were laying for him. I get he died too but that is an accomplishment.

The good thing is no innocent people were injured.
    RLTW

• tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Crazy. It is hard to believe that 2 guys can pose as Feds and not be confronted on it.

Whoever the "Bad" guy was he was not someone to mess with, considering he took out 2 guys who were laying for him. I get he died too but that is an accomplishment.

The good thing is no innocent people were injured.

heard he offed himself before the cops showed up.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With a 2 hr. wait they definetly had more than enough time to make other plans [;)], a complete disregard of the publics lives [V]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So....2 jack booted thug wannabes posing as federal agents working for an out of state "fugitive recovery company", decided that they would put innocent people's life in danger at a private dealership, got killed while trying to kill an "innocent until proven guilty" suspect.

I hope the dealership and the customers put the "fugitive recovery company" and the families of the JBT's completely in to bankruptcy...and, I hope the state of Texas declares that anyone else that attempts this jackasery will be dealt with accordingly.

Stupid, stupid move, that could have gotten innocent people injured or killed. I feel no sorrow for the "agents". And, in fact, I hope the "suspect" wins his case and recovers large sums of money from the company that sent them there to do stupid things.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A miracle that only willing participants in the gun fight were killed.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rick Ford selling Nissan [:D]? So much for that "American Race" or he knows which company makes the Dollars.
    edited November -1
    I hold the dealership and its management responsible. It is THEIR place, THEIR area of responsibility. THEY let these yahoos sit around THEIR dealership for hours, waiting on the bad guy to show up.

The owner of the dealership was apparently unaware of any of this until it was over. I bet he would have appreciated a phone call. I can't say what he might have done, but if it were my business, I would have told the yahoos to go somewhere else to do their business.

Even had they been actual law enforcers, which they were not, they had no authority to commandeer the showroom to wait for and then arrest their subject.

If they refused to leave, the local police could have persuaded them.

The agents were also seriously at fault. I watched the video. Agents had guns out. Agents were WAY too close to the suspect. Suspect went for his and dropped it. THEY DID NOT SHOOT! Guns in hand, they then attempted to overpower him. He regained his gun and started firing. Then the agents started firing.

Everyone ended up dead.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So the perp shot the two agents, and then shot himself?
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any time anybody tells you he is a "federal agent" he might be an "agent" but you can bet your * he isn't federal, state or local law enforcement, with the possible exception of BATFE.

If asked to show their badges they probably would have shown their "concealed carry badges".

Fugitive recovery agents have a right to make a living but they need to do it within the law and hopefully within common sense. Recovery agents operate under the authority of the Bail Bondsman's contract only. They ain't exactly U. S. marshals.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    CaptFun, I don't know what that car is you showed, but the dealership where this fiasco occurred sells Nissans.

Interesting side note: Someone from that dealership called and asked us to come and look at an Acadia they just got in. A couple weeks before, we had looked an an Acadia they had and passed on it. So the next time they got one on a trade, they called. Fortunately for us, we had already found one at another dealership and bought it.

From the description of the irresponsible behavior of the management and staff of this dealership, I have determined that I will never spend a nickel with them.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you buy new cars at dealerships with Cash? Then can you registered them with anyone you wish? Can The feds track the cash?

serf
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

Can you buy new cars at dealerships with Cash? Then can you registered them with anyone you wish? Can The feds track the cash?

serf

You can but it is reported. Yes the feds can track the cash. That's why it's reported.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    quote:Originally posted by serf

serf

You can but it is reported. Yes the feds can track the cash. That's why it's reported.

When you say tracked/reported you mean if the buyer has the money in the bank before hand and pays cash but his cash could be switched for drug money cash so the feds would have to know all the serial numbers going in and out of banks.

I doubt they are that good but who knows for their not telling and this is why they want a cashless society,it would take out the incentive to a drug dealer.From the top to the bottom.[;)]

serf
    edited November -1
    I didn't buy a new car with cash. I bought a pre-owned car, but I did pay CASH. $17,000 and change. If the transaction was tracked, it was tracked by someone who needs to get a life.

As far as registering to another person goes, we registered the car to Dawnie, but I paid for it. Not from jointly owned funds, but from my investment account.

There was a new Corvette in the showroom that I could have paid cash for, but I have no need for such a vehicle. Actually, there were two, and I could have bought both.
    edited November -1
    Video of the shooting. That is, video of the lead-up to the shooting.
    Good audio of the shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orSLlDlS0h4
    edited November -1
    What a total cluster, I am surprised innocents didn't get killed with all those rounds flying.

Neither of them were bounty hunters, private investigators or bail bond agents, they were "commissioned security officers" according to the NEWS.
    edited November -1
    I didn't buy a new car with cash. I bought a pre-owned car, but I did pay CASH. $17,000 and change. If the transaction was tracked, it was tracked by someone who needs to get a life.

As far as registering to another person goes, we registered the car to Dawnie, but I paid for it. Not from jointly owned funds, but from my investment account.

There was a new Corvette in the showroom that I could have paid cash for, but I have no need for such a vehicle. Actually, there were two, and I could have bought both.

It all relative isn't it? Now if you had been washing theoretical Drug money? Would have The Feds been able to tell if you switch your good money for the bad money? Is the question.

In other words washed it for the theoretical crooks. Just saying that it could be why the guy was in there buying a car,In the first place.Probably happens everyday here in America.

serf
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know no car dealership that would turn down a "cash currency" sale, most in fact would try their level best to keep from reporting it themselves [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

edited November -1
    CaptFun, I don't know what that car is you showed, but the dealership where this fiasco occurred sells Nissans.

Interesting side note: Someone from that dealership called and asked us to come and look at an Acadia they just got in. A couple weeks before, we had looked an an Acadia they had and passed on it. So the next time they got one on a trade, they called. Fortunately for us, we had already found one at another dealership and bought it.

From the description of the irresponsible behavior of the management and staff of this dealership, I have determined that I will never spend a nickel with them.

That's a "Crossfire" get it...
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

I feel kinda dumb.
    I just now got it.

Also remarkable about this situation,
    the fugitive tried to draw on at least
    one drawn gun, fumbled, recovered,
    then shot and killed both of the
    skip tracers and himself.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

I feel kinda dumb.
    I just now got it.

Also remarkable about this situation,
    the fugitive tried to draw on at least
    one drawn gun, fumbled, recovered,
    then shot and killed both of the
    skip tracers and himself.

I guess they will get a negative performance review this time around...
    edited November -1
    Crossfire? That's what the car is called?

OK, I get it now. I just didn't recognize the car.
    edited November -1
    nunn, did you see a different video?

From listening to this gunfight, and from news accounts I have read, it seems like the bad guy was shot dead by the 2 agents.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's one man who will not be attacking police officers anymore.

I agree with most of the posts on this. Who ever was in charge of the dealership that day should have asked for credentials from the two "agents". Then when it was learned they were bounty hunters, should have been asked to leave and make their capture somewhere else.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    what were the two people who were shot by the bad guy,s real job titles, several have been tossed around. will we ever know what words were exchanged between thoses involved that started that cluster flock? mr myopic.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    what were the two people who were shot by the bad guy,s real job titles, several have been tossed around. will we ever know what words were exchanged between thoses involved that started that cluster flock? mr myopic.

Rick Ford, the dealership owner, said the two men who stated they were "Federal Agents" were actually bounty hunters according to what he was told.

I am sure that the PD will find out what was said leading up to the shooting as there were 1 or 2 people in the little office when it all went down. They will interview all the employees at the dealership and it will likely take days before they will have it complete.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank

Rick Ford, the dealership owner, said the two men who stated they were "Federal Agents" were actually bounty hunters according to what he was told.

I am sure that the PD will find out what was said leading up to the shooting as there were 1 or 2 people in the little office when it all went down. They will interview all the employees at the dealership and it will likely take days before they will have it complete.

Based on a NEWS report I watched the two "agents" were not licensed in Texas to do bail bond work, but were only licensed security officers.